User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-05-2018, 04:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
It’s also possible that the setlist has nothing/ little to do with the firing and that decisions to do a bunch of pre-BN songs, a song from Time, and TP song were made after the firing in light of the new configuration.
I’d be willing to believe that, if not for this…

Rolling Stone, August, 2017
Quote:
Are you thinking at all about the set list yet? Will it be very different than the last tour?

Yeah. I was in Italy recently and met Stevie out there. Actually, she was in Capri and I was close to there. She said to me, “Let’s sit down and really listen to some stuff that sort of almost got forgotten.” So I know she’s already thinking she wants to do some things we haven’t done in years. I always think that Stevie and Lindsey should do a Buckingham Nicks song in the set. And have Christine should do a blues song. I hope it certainly won’t be the same show as we did before. We always played nearly three hours, and we cut it back a little bit for the wear and tear, but we do over two hours. And when you got three singers, which is, like, three bands, really, to get that perfect set, it’s a trip.

THE Stephen Hopkins

Last edited by SteveMacD; 10-05-2018 at 04:46 PM..
Old 10-05-2018, 05:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
What you’re saying doesn’t discount this scenario:

LB: I want a new album.

SN: Absolutely not!

MF: We want to do stuff throughout the entire spectrum of the band’s history.

LB: Absolutely not! I won’t play those songs, except, maybe, “Oh Well.”

MF: We want to play a couple of Peter Green songs, as well as a Danny Kirwan song and a Bob Welch song. We’d even like to maybe do a song from “Time…”

SN: And a tribute to Tom.

LB: I’m not doing anything like that. Just our songs. This is our legacy!

MF: But, Lindsey, this is a band, and the rest of us want to…

LB: No. We’ll do our typical set and I’ll do a concurrent tour for a new solo album.

MF: Okay, but we still want to…

LB: Not happening.
I'd like to know if there was ever an ultimatum given to Lindsey. Do this tour not concurrent with yours and we want to do the pre-75 songs or else you're out. What would you have done if you were Lindsey? Say no?! This is a joke!
Old 10-05-2018, 06:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd View Post
I'd like to know if there was ever an ultimatum given to Lindsey. Do this tour not concurrent with yours and we want to do the pre-75 songs or else you're out. What would you have done if you were Lindsey? Say no?! This is a joke!
Lindsey just made $19 million on the sale of a house. He didn’t need to be held hostage. What did he have to lose? A gig? He was already booking gigs.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 10-05-2018, 06:41 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
I’d be willing to believe that, if not for this…

Rolling Stone, August, 2017
Yes, but I never read this as doing a bunch of pre-BN songs. I read as Stevie talking about their songs they’ve never done like IDWK. But I see now Mick is talking about a blues song.
Old 10-05-2018, 06:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Lindsey just made $19 million on the sale of a house. He didn’t need to be held hostage. What did he have to lose? A gig? He was already booking gigs.
No one ever has enough money. He had to lose being a member of FM and making millions touring with them. Same reason Mike and Neil joined. You know, flying on private planes and all that fun stuff rich people can do. Playing your songs to lots of people in places like the LA Forum. Really?!
Old 10-05-2018, 07:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
No one ever has enough money. He had to lose being a member of FM and making millions touring with them. Same reason Mike and Neil joined. You know, flying on private planes and all that fun stuff rich people can do. Playing your songs to lots of people in places like the LA Forum. Really?!
So, then, the only reason Lindsey was in the band at this point was to fly in private jets and play the forum. Got it.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 10-05-2018, 07:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
So, then, the only reason Lindsey was in the band at this point was to fly in private jets and play the forum. Got it.
No that would be Mike and Neil, not necessarily Lindsey. Lindsey wanted to be creative and make FM more than a cash cow grab. Lindsey likes money. We all like money.
Old 10-05-2018, 07:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
No that would be Mike and Neil,
Neil just released two albums in the last year with no expectation of it leading to anything beyond what his fans would appreciate, which he was completely happy with. Mike has been rightfully mourning the loss of his best friend and bandmate of 50 years. Both have had storied careers. Neither needed this gig. Neil has said that he is under the impression that there will be new music. Maybe he’ll be right.

Quote:
not necessarily Lindsey. Lindsey wanted to be creative
Then why all the faux outrage? He’s now able to be as creative as he wants to be, which I find exciting.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 10-05-2018, 08:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Neil just released two albums in the last year with no expectation of it leading to anything beyond what his fans would appreciate, which he was completely happy with. Mike has been rightfully mourning the loss of his best friend and bandmate of 50 years. Both have had storied careers. Neither needed this gig. Neil has said that he is under the impression that there will be new music. Maybe he’ll be right.
Steve, as much as I love you as fellow FM fan, and as much as you pay attention, you don't. Mike and Neil have said so themselves they were chomping at the bit at joining FM. Those were their words, not mine. The money, the glory, the living high on the hog. All of that were their words, not mine. If creativity follows, then so be it. I don't think that's high on their priority list though.

Quote:
Then why all the faux outrage? He’s now able to be as creative as he wants to be, which I find exciting.
Because he deserved better. He deserved that pot of gold after contributing so much time and effort into developing the songs and sound of FM. A lot of the ones they are playing in concert today. Making that money on what Lindsey was chiefly responsible for. You know the Rumours 5 sound. I agree though, at least he is free to be creative as he wants to be. Even though it is the twilight hour, I wish him all the best. He so deserves it!!!!!!!

Last edited by jwd; 10-05-2018 at 08:14 PM..
Old 10-05-2018, 08:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Steve, as much as I love you as fellow FM fan, and as much as you pay attention, you don't. Mike and Neil have said so themselves they were chomping at the bit at joining FM. Those were their words, not mine. The money, the glory, the living high on the hog. All of that were their words, not mine. If creativity follows, then so be it. I don't think that's high on their priority list though.

Because he deserved better. He deserved that pot of gold after contributing so much time and effort into developing the songs and sound of FM. A lot of the ones they are playing in concert today. Making that money on what Lindsey was chiefly responsible for. You know the Rumours 5 sound. I agree though, at least he is free to be creative as he wants to be. Even though it is the twilight hour, I wish him all the best. He so deserves it!!!!!!!

I totally agree. He deserved better and frankly I can't figure out why so many fans are supporting the band knowing full well what went down. Mick and SN did him dirty and for no good reason. The lied and in Mick's case continues to do so.

I also find it so insulting how people think anyone can replace Lindsey but not SN. He is irreplaceable. Mike and Neil should have said no. but obviously Money is worth more then anything to them.

I can assure you that make no mistake if what happened to Lindsey happened to SN most so called FM fans would not pay 10 cents to see them in concert no matter what they were playing.
Old 10-05-2018, 09:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Mike and Neil have said so themselves they were chomping at the bit at joining FM.
Funny, I heard each of them say they needed a day or two to think about it. I heard Liam Finn, who played “Need Your Love So Bad” with Mick, talked his father into it. Neil was headlining a big festival the day he got asked.

Quote:
If creativity follows, then so be it. I don't think that's high on their priority list though.
Well, like LBCM, it is, but may be a matter of how it comes to fruition.

Quote:
Because he deserved better. He deserved that pot of gold after contributing so much time and effort into developing the songs and sound of FM.
Because he clearly got nothing out of it. Prove me wrong. Make his tour a huge success. But don’t pretend that talking down the band on social media will do any good for his cause. It’ll just put people off the band, including Lindsey, altogether.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 10-05-2018, 09:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Funny, I heard each of them say they needed a day or two to think about it. I heard Liam Finn, who played “Need Your Love So Bad” with Mick, talked his father into it. Neil was headlining a big festival the day he got asked.

Because he clearly got nothing out of it. Prove me wrong. Make his tour a huge success. But don’t pretend that talking down the band on social media will do any good for his cause. It’ll just put people off the band, including Lindsey, altogether.

Really Steve, you want me to respond to this garbage?! It's late and the day has been long. Seriously!
Old 10-05-2018, 11:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Really Steve, you want me to respond to this garbage?! It's late and the day has been long. Seriously!
Nah. Just accept I’m right and move on.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 10-05-2018, 11:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Nah. Just accept I’m right and move on.
Is that supposed to be a new stance for you?
Old 10-06-2018, 08:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

You're correct. Mike told Mick that he needed time to think about the offer. Neil initially didn't want to accept the offer but his son Liam talked him into joining the band. Fleetwood Mac is Liam's wife favorite band and Liam has become a huge fan of the Mac.