User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-04-2018, 01:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Well, after hearing Peter Green and Greg Rolie sing it, I find her vocals like a bad karaoke singer on this one. It's so nasal and croaky..

But hey!! Christine is playing keys!!! who cares!!!
I guess I like nasal/Croakey sometimes.

He Will Burn You Down
Old 10-04-2018, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
I guess I like nasal/Croakey sometimes.
I mean we did put up with some of Bob Welch's live vocals at times.
Old 10-04-2018, 01:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Christine's looking bloody great from a distance. Close up she's Keith Richards.
Can anyone point me in the direction of any video of Tell Me All the Things You Do or All Over Again?

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 10-04-2018, 02:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I haven't been able to witness, my clip ended short..... gldstwnn??? any review of Christine during the show?
Vocally it sounded like she was straight singing. Say You Love Me was good. Isn't It Midnight very good. I think she has been doing vocal exercises.
Old 10-04-2018, 02:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
I’m wondering if they’re going to do the same setlist every night or if they’ll be rotating some of non-essentials, i.e. TMATTYD one night and Station Man the next.
I wondered the same thing.
Old 10-04-2018, 02:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
Christine's looking bloody great from a distance. Close up she's Keith Richards.
Which means she's a damn good musician and possibly a vampire/going to live forever. I'm good with that.
Quote:
Can anyone point me in the direction of any video of Tell Me All the Things You Do or All Over Again?
Facebook. You're gonna have to come to the dark side though.
Also pretty sure someone was using a wah wah pedal during Tell Me? Groovy bow chick a bow fun!

Last edited by gldstwmn; 10-04-2018 at 02:14 PM..
Old 10-04-2018, 03:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I've been wanting Fleetwood Mac to change their set list and play the old and unappreciated songs for YEARS but there seem to be people who are cheering these set changes just for the sake of the set being changed. It seems fairly disingenuous to me, especially when the band is performing songs that these same "fans" would otherwise care less about. These fans **** on the Time album for years but now they suddenly are thrilled to hear All Over Again played live? Come on. These fans ignore everything pre-1975 and suddenly they're thrilled to hear Black Magic Woman and Tell Me All The Things You Do? Please.
Old 10-04-2018, 03:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street_Dreamer View Post
I've been wanting Fleetwood Mac to change their set list and play the old and unappreciated songs for YEARS but there seem to be people who are cheering these set changes just for the sake of the set being changed. It seems fairly disingenuous to me, especially when the band is performing songs that these same "fans" would otherwise care less about. These fans **** on the Time album for years but now they suddenly are thrilled to hear All Over Again played live? Come on. These fans ignore everything pre-1975 and suddenly they're thrilled to hear Black Magic Woman and Tell Me All The Things You Do? Please.
For me, it's not that I've been requesting to hear All Over Again or Tell Me All the Things You Do so much as their inclusion means we don't have to hear Silver Springs or Songbird again for this tour. That may seem like a small difference to you, but it means a lot to me. And the only reason I'm thrilled to hear Black Magic Woman is because Stevie is singing it- so damn clever, and something I've always wished they would have done before, change lead vocals on occasion.
Old 10-04-2018, 04:08 PM
Senior Ledgie

Is there a thread with all YouTube videos from the Tulsa show?
Old 10-04-2018, 04:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FM77 View Post
What about I GOT YOU from Split Enz? Really good song.
FM77 called it several days ago- way to go!
Old 10-04-2018, 07:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yes! Personally, I love her new wigs that she's sporting since the 2015 Tour. Her wigs are lovely! She looks great and seems so happy to be playing music again.
Old 10-04-2018, 07:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
These fans **** on the Time album for years but now they suddenly are thrilled to hear All Over Again played live?
I never cared for Time. Have you heard All Over Again yet? It's really good. I love this version. I'm always down to hear some pre '75 live, always have been.
Old 10-04-2018, 07:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlanketMan View Post
Is there a thread with all YouTube videos from the Tulsa show?
There's a bunch in the Pre Rumours forum.
Old 10-04-2018, 08:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
yup. here they cheered. but they will probably be headed to the bathroom with lines around the corners along with everyone else when these songs are actually happening. lots of cheering for setlist of oldie hits here but not much analysis of the actual performances. the only real analysis i've seen was from David (always learn something from that guy!), and what he wrote i could have told you after i saw iheart performances - they obviously worked up the song versions very true to the studio versions.

oh i read somewhere that Campbell did a lot of guitar soloing. Lindsey would have been crucified if he did that. (for the record i don't know how was lot of guitar soloing defined for whoever wrote that, and whether that's actually true)

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 10-04-2018, 08:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
yup. here they cheered. but they will probably be headed to the bathroom with lines around the corners along with everyone else when these songs are actually happening. lots of cheering for setlist of oldie hits here but not much analysis of the actual performances. the only real analysis i've seen was from David (always learn something from that guy!), and what he wrote i could have told you after i saw iheart performances - they obviously worked up the song versions very true to the studio versions.

oh i read somewhere that Campbell did a lot of guitar soloing. Lindsey would have been crucified if he did that. (for the record i don't know how was lot of guitar soloing defined for whoever wrote that, and whether that's actually true)
Oh so David is a never ending well of knowledge, but me and JBrown dissecting the ins and outs of Stevie’s croakey voice gets no respect for for being considered analyzing! Well I WAS going to buy you a drink in Canton possibly but now I guess not!

He Will Burn You Down