The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-05-2003, 06:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default YAY! They're gonna play Peacekeeper in the next 15-20 minutes on the radio!!

The DJ just said, "I have the new FM single from the long-awaited upcoming album...Lindsey and Stevie are singing together again, and it's a very (I don't remember the exact word he used, something like 'topical')...and it's called Peacekeeper. I'll be playing it in the next 15-20 minutes." I screamed! LOL Okay, I'm going home now so I can blast my radio in the car while I fight traffic.

If read this fast enough, you can listen online, the station is KGSR, 107.1, in Austin, TX.

Later!
Old 03-05-2003, 06:41 PM

Default YES!

Hey Livia!

I tuned in just in time to hear the last half of the song and the DJ's discussion about how it's the first album in 16 years with Lindsey in the studio, etc.

Thanks. Enjoyed it!!
Old 03-05-2003, 06:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Hi Livia, I am not from TX but I just logged in and read your thread so I thought I would go to that radio station's website and hope to hear Peacekeeper. I caught it in the knick of time, how exciting is that. woohoo! Go Fleetwood Mac!!!!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Old 03-05-2003, 07:09 PM
Ledgie

I'm in Austin too and just heard it. Jody Denberg played it. As you may know, he is the station's program director. He said we'd have to listen to the song several times to get the meaning. Heavy rotation Jody???
Old 03-05-2003, 10:24 PM

So, Livia, I'm still listening to this station. It's really good. I even called their request line from Canada and asked that they play Peacekeeper!!!

The evening disk jockey was pretty good about it all. But he wasn't even aware that the afternoon crew had played it.

Oh well, one step at a time. If nothing else, I've found a great new internet radio station.

Terry

and still listening . . .

Pink Floyd
Old 03-06-2003, 09:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'm in Austin too and just heard it. Jody Denberg played it. As you may know, he is the station's program director. He said we'd have to listen to the song several times to get the meaning. Heavy rotation Jody???
Hey, Steve! Yes, Jody is an acquaintance of mine - I went on that KGSR cruise in 2000, and had dinner w/ him and his gf every night. We also swam w/ the dolphins together in Cozumel. I called him right after he played it...he LOVES the song, and he's heard the whole album and said it's fantastic! I congratulated him for getting all the facts right re: every FM incarnation. Yes, heavy rotation, definitely!! Woo-hoo! And did you notice it's the "take no prisoners, break their will" version? He did, and he's also heard all the GOS tunes. He's a big Lindsey fan, he interviewed him during Lindsey's solo tour. He called him the "king of the one-note solo." LOL
Old 03-06-2003, 11:48 AM

Interesting that the DJs are picking up on the topicality of the song, which is something we discussed here at length. I think this discussion is going to continue and with any luck, enough attention will be devoted to the topic of the song that some interviewer will ask Lindsey just what he was thinking when he wrote it.

And because of the way the song is written, it is wide open to misinterpretation. Remember the Reaganites wanting to co-opt Bruce Springsteen's Born in the USA and Mellencamp's Pink Houses?
Old 03-06-2003, 01:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
So, Livia, I'm still listening to this station. It's really good. I even called their request line from Canada and asked that they play Peacekeeper!!!
It is a great station, isn't it? I listen to it all day at work. In fact, they always win the "best station to listen to at work" category in the Chronicle reader's poll. Someone called in and requested Peacekeeper for the "What do you want for lunch?" request thing that they do ever day. That makes 2 times I've heard it now...it would be great if they replaced Norah Jones' "Come Away With Me" w/ Peacekeeper. Nothing against her or that song, it just got played to death on KGSR!

Cheers!
Livia