User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-19-2013, 07:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Sorry, Elle, I messed up your post. I was trying to reply.

I don't like having drinks with people either.

That's why I only went through the meet and greet once for unleashed and after that Cory gave me my tickets and goodie bag separately and I didn't talk to anyone else after that.
i know you don't and i respect that. we are all different and have different preferences. also, i had different preferences at various points in my life and what i like to do now was not always that way.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 02-19-2013, 08:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HejiraNYC View Post
Look... I'm sure everybody here has worked in a job where they were just in it purely for the money- jobs that were either extremely stressful or degrading or both. You could have probably taken a better, more honorable job... but the low pay wouldn't justify it. As such, I don't begrudge Mick for doing this; if there is a market for this ultra-VIP experience, why leave perfectly good money on the table? Is it expensive and out-of-reach for 99.99% of the population? Of course! It's intended to be a once-in-a-lifetime experience for a select few, not a cattle car full of "commoners." Unlike Stevie or Lindsey, Mick doesn't earn publishing royalties and he doesn't really make money as a musician outside of Fleetwood Mac during the down years. Sure, he has a restaurant, but it is entirely possible that Fleetwood's on Front Street is still operating in the red, which is typical for any new restaurant. When you combine his lack of a well-paying gig for the past three years with the (assumed) large overhead associated with his lavish Maui spread and an impending divorce, it all adds up to a potential financial cliff. Considering that this could possibly be Fleetwood Mac's last major world tour, he needs to ensure that he can sustain his financial well being in retirement, as well as provide for his young children. And the restaurant may not be profitable for years, if ever.

Is Mick proud of doing something like this? Probably not. But obviously he isn't exactly ashamed of it either. Mick is a bit of a talker and I think he probably thoroughly enjoys talking the s*** with fans and showing off glimpses of his rock and roll lifestyle. While taking such a VIP trip with someone as introverted and socially awkward as Lindsey may be a tortuous marathon of pregnant pauses and weirdness, I would imagine that Mick would be a generous, attentive, voluble host.
I actually agree with almost all of this. I don't understand when people come down on a band for wanting to promote themselves, and make money. And I also agree that Mick probably enjoys talking to fans.

The fact that more likely than not, it will be business people who can afford the jet thing, I also think it might be an opportubity for Mick to do a little networking, maybe to help with his restaurant, or future restaurants? He always has some business thing going, so why not?

The part I don't agree with (and this shouldn't be a shocker to anyone) is that Lindsey would be awkward to talk to. Personally, I think any of them would be fine to talk to. They all seem like nice people, and I'm sure all (except John ) could hold a conversation. But with regard to Lindsey, I think he looks awkward in TV interviews for sure, which is why I don't usually like watching them. He never seems like himself. It's nothing at all like what he's like one on one, though. He was always really easy to talk to at the m&gs, and not just when you talked about his music. My feeling was that he enjoyed a good conversation as much as the next guy.

Lastly, I'm glad Mick's doing the m&gs. Otherwise I'd have had to pay double or triple to get the same seat, and had to buy two seats! So, rather than begrudge him as some have, I'm thrilled to finally get to sit up front! And I'm very much looking forward to meeting Mick. Why not? He's interesting, personable, and loves to talk.

Should be fun

Last edited by Lindsfan; 02-19-2013 at 08:06 PM..
Old 02-19-2013, 08:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

ok, so about those m&gs that will all bought for good seats:

does anybody know whether these will be 1 by 1 or everybody who has a m&g for a specific show as a group?

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 02-19-2013, 09:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsfan View Post
The part I don't agree with (and this shouldn't be a shocker to anyone) is that Lindsey would be awkward to talk to. Personally, I think any of them would be fine to talk to. They all seem like nice people, and I'm sure all (except John ) could hold a conversation.
Oh, I think John is a great conversationalist. He may not like to spend a lot of time doing p.r., but he's pretty affable and funny. I mean, maybe it would not be a good idea to catch him during one of those drunken bouts that colleagues have talked about, but I think just talking to him would be a great, pleasant experience as a fan, even if he can be intimidating to work with on a professional level.

Michele
Old 02-19-2013, 09:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
ok, so about those m&gs that will all bought for good seats:

does anybody know whether these will be 1 by 1 or everybody who has a m&g for a specific show as a group?
I don't know how many people there will be. They probably try to make it more organized when there are more people. But when I did it for Unleashed there were just like 7 people and you can go up separately (or together if you're together), but it was right at the stage area when the venue was still empty, so even if you aren't the people who are right next to him at the time, you could kind of hear his conversation with the others.

So, they took pictures and then the next people would go up, but it's not like you left the room. After you had the conversation with him, he was only 10 feet away and you could still hear what he said and respond to it (laugh or say something), even if it wasn't said directly to you. It felt like a group, but I guess if there are 20 people, then it wouldn't be that free. They might put you in a line or something.

Michele
Old 02-19-2013, 09:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsfan View Post
I actually agree with almost all of this. I don't understand when people come down on a band for wanting to promote themselves, and make money. And I also agree that Mick probably enjoys talking to fans.

The fact that more likely than not, it will be business people who can afford the jet thing, I also think it might be an opportubity for Mick to do a little networking, maybe to help with his restaurant, or future restaurants? He always has some business thing going, so why not?

The part I don't agree with (and this shouldn't be a shocker to anyone) is that Lindsey would be awkward to talk to. Personally, I think any of them would be fine to talk to. They all seem like nice people, and I'm sure all (except John ) could hold a conversation. But with regard to Lindsey, I think he looks awkward in TV interviews for sure, which is why I don't usually like watching them. He never seems like himself. It's nothing at all like what he's like one on one, though. He was always really easy to talk to at the m&gs, and not just when you talked about his music. My feeling was that he enjoyed a good conversation as much as the next guy.

Lastly, I'm glad Mick's doing the m&gs. Otherwise I'd have had to pay double or triple to get the same seat, and had to buy two seats! So, rather than begrudge him as some have, I'm thrilled to finally get to sit up front! And I'm very much looking forward to meeting Mick. Why not? He's interesting, personable, and loves to talk.

Should be fun
I'm thrilled too!

And, he's quirky English like me, yay!
Old 02-19-2013, 09:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
i know you don't and i respect that. we are all different and have different preferences. also, i had different preferences at various points in my life and what i like to do now was not always that way.
I go to a salon where there are sometimes celebrities and the last time I was there I was talking to this singer and we were discussing Dorner (because he had just ambushed those policemen that same day) and Stieg Larsen. I've spoken to her before and never mentioned her career or her father's. BUT I do have a picture of her on my Ipad with Lindsey and Melissa Etheridge and I'd probably like to ask her about that. I'd whip it out and say, "tell me everything you remember about Lindsey Buckingham from 20 years ago!" Probably wouldn't go over so well. Stalker alert.

Michele
Old 02-19-2013, 09:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by McTrouble View Post
I'm thrilled too!

And, he's quirky English like me, yay!
Well, John still follows your sports teams I think. So, you can talk to him about that, if you ever saw him.

Michele
Old 02-19-2013, 09:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Heart

well isn't Mick single now? (I don't know about legally if his divorce is settled or not ) but maybe he's hoping to meet some nice chica with a few bucks.... get to spend time with her on his jet...
Old 02-19-2013, 09:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
well isn't Mick single now? (I don't know about legally if his divorce is settled or not ) but maybe he's hoping to meet some nice chica with a few bucks.... get to spend time with her on his jet...
This is a nice opportunity for some lucky lady. If you've been saving up a dowry for a hubby, I don't think it would be a bad $30,000 - $40,000 investment. Just do your research first and try to find out what Mick likes in a woman.

Michele
Old 02-20-2013, 12:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

michelej1
Quote:
Just do your research first and try to find out what Mick likes in a woman.
A pulse?
Old 02-20-2013, 06:19 AM
Ledgie

My Mother and I have met stevie - so briefly at her cd signing back in 2011 in london - i cant even say we met her as it was like 10 seconds and i met Lindsey in 2009 before one of their london gigs - i got his autograph on the 'Say you Willl' cd sleeve and had a photo taken with him.

i dont want to try and become friends with them - just a quick autograph and photo and i am happy.

My Dad saw Christine in Harrods and few years ago and he went up to her and told her how great she was.

Last edited by julieannboo; 02-20-2013 at 06:44 AM..
Old 02-21-2013, 02:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieannboo View Post

My Dad saw Christine in Harrods and few years ago and he went up to her and told her how great she was.
How did she respond?
Old 02-21-2013, 05:22 AM
Ledgie

Quote:
How did she respond?
He said she was very nice and humble - made my Dads day. he said something like he remembered her when she was in Chicken Shack.

He has always liked her
Old 02-21-2013, 01:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
How did she respond?
Threw champagne at him and said his shirt was ugly.

Michele