User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-04-2003, 01:27 PM
Ledgie

Arrow looking for complete setlists 1975 up till now

Hi Mac-gang,

I was wondering whether there is a site where I can get complete setlists for every gig they played in the Rumours line-up from 1975 up till now (concerts, warm-ups, rehearsals, the complete works). Were they always as static as The Dance tourlist or did they change the set often in the mid to late seventies? I´ve always admired several Rolling Stones and Neil Young sites who have painstakingly gathered this info together, it gives an incredible insight in what has been played live, what has been played seldomly and what hasn´t been played yet at all! It then may be nice to send the Mac requests for songs that haven´t been played yet like Storms, Beautiful Child, Walk A Thin Line, Fireflies or seldomly played songs like Frozen Love.

Can anyone give me some info on this and what would you like to get played live at last on this upcoming tour?

Greetz,

Marcel.
Old 03-04-2003, 01:33 PM
joe

Thumbs up try this...

http://www.purplemoon.com/steviediaries.html

Old 03-04-2003, 01:47 PM
Ledgie

Thanks Joe!

unfortunately there are a lot of blanks and unknown dates. Do you have any idea if the band themselves have kept track of this info? It may be helpful for them too to have a list of what they have performed and what not, so they can make a better structured setlist with at least three surprises every night, or like the Stones do now, showcase 3 songs from one particular album each gig. That way it keeps them balanced and fresh and it sure is a pleaser for us real fans!!

BuckMacNicks
Old 03-04-2003, 01:52 PM
Senior Ledgie

I think this is a great idea Marcel--about making requests to the band. I hate to say this, but I suppose the best person to email about this at the moment would be the infamous Knight over at Mick's board. I feel for the moment, he would be the best person to get the message to the band. I emailed him about the same thing a few weeks ago. Also email John Kinney (I think that's his name) over at Nicksfix.

Hope this helps,
Brett
Old 03-04-2003, 01:56 PM
Ledgie

Thanks Brett, I´ll certainly do that and it would be a great help if all you other fans out there ask Knight and John Kinney this question!! Hopefully we´ll be able to reach the band themselves and get this message across!
Old 03-05-2003, 03:47 PM
Senior Ledgie

I'm going to bet my house on the fact that Knight has no frickin' idea.
Anyway, the only way the setlists listed are known are because of bootlegs. Otherwise, there's no way to know. And yes, the Dance was completely static, and yes, it did change that much for the White Album and Rumours tours.
-Brian