Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-30-2003, 11:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Band Relations

Okay, I was just wondering, we all know that the Rumours era was hard on the band, with all the break up drama, and all that, and that Lindsey Left right after Tango, but I wanted to know, if anyone knows more about the groups relationships between albums here are some questions:

Mirage: I know that they have said it was very weird to be in the studio, after the break, and solo careers, but...

These Questions go for both Mirage and Tango

A. What were Stevie and Lindsey's relation like (still angry, or upset with each other)

B. Christine & Stevie's relationship... I am always very curious, were they very good friends, or did they just speak very seldomley?

C. Stevie & John... I don't know anything about these two....
Old 12-31-2003, 12:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm not sure about the others, but as far as Stevie and Lindsey's relationship after Tango goes, I read in an interview that they didn't speak to each other for several months to a year after that incident. By 1989 (or maybe it was 1990) they were speaking again, however, because Stevie mentioned in an interview that year that they had just spoken on the phone that day. After the Inauguration, they barely spoke at all, and in several interviews in 1994, Stevie mentioned that Lindsey didn't like her anymore and they had no relationship at all. Then in 96, they did Twisted, and in 97, the band reunited for the Dance.

I think that Christine and Stevie stayed close after Tango because they were both still in Fleetwood Mac. When they both left in 1990, they probably weren't as close as they once were but I doubt there was time that they disliked each other as strongly as Stevie and Lindsey disliked each other.
Old 12-31-2003, 10:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

What incident are you refering to, that happened after TITN? Just the fact that Lindsey left the band?

And does anyone know what the relationship is between John and Stevie? I have never heard anything about these two as a pair.

We were frail...
Save us...
Old 12-31-2003, 11:51 AM
trackaghost
This message has been deleted by trackaghost.
Old 12-31-2003, 12:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm always curious as to what happened to bring Lindsey and Stevie together for Twister. I remember when I heard about that I almost fell over as Stevie had been saying in all the interviews I had seen for quite some time that they hadn't talked for a long time before the Presidential Inauguration, that things were tense for that performance and that Lindsay split when it was over and didn't talk to them again. Can anyone fill in that blank?
Old 12-31-2003, 12:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Tisted

Quote:
Originally posted by ricohv
I'm always curious as to what happened to bring Lindsey and Stevie together for Twister.

I think I recall Lindsey saying something along the lines that Warners thought it would be a good idea for Lindsey to produce the song "Twisted" to get a certain sound and style. He was cautious but agreed to do it...

Seems Lindsey and Stevie healed some wounds during that process and he ended up playing guitar and singing on it too (in fact his vocals were actually stronger in the mix!) I might be wrong though. That was the first and in my view most important step to the Dance reunion.

Old 12-31-2003, 02:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think Stevie and Chris probably got along together well.
I've heard many people say they thought there seemed to be some jelously in Christine of Stevie, but if there was any, which I highly doubt, I think it would have been Stevie of Chris in the Tango era. Stevie's solo career was going sky high, and she didn't get into the studio much for that album, but Christine's always stayed pretty devoted to just Fleetwood Mac and was there whenever she was needed. But I think they got along just fine.

Stevie and John... all I really know of is that silly picture of them, in one of Mick's books, giggling over a playboy magazine.

Quote, Mick Fleetwood in his book "My Life and Adventures in Fleetwood Mac" concerning Lindsey and Stevie's relationship after their breakup: "The love-hate saga between those two will never end."

I advise everyone to take trackaghost's word. All the answers are in that book.

"Being in this band really f**** up relationships with chicks."
-Lindsey Buckingham

"Lindsey and I were as close to married as I'll probably ever be. I took care of him, I cooked for him, I ironed his jeans, I adored him."
-Stevie Nicks

"Quite frankly, I think I can presume on Stevie's behalf that she wasn't too sad seeing Lindsey go."
-Mick Fleetwood

"I play bass."
-John McVie.

I love this band.
Old 01-02-2004, 07:42 AM
Ledgie

Default ...........

Why exactly did lindsey leave?

~~~kezzie~~~
Old 01-02-2004, 08:33 AM
joe

Default Re: Tisted

Quote:
Originally posted by madformac
I think I recall Lindsey saying something along the lines that Warners thought it would be a good idea for Lindsey to produce the song "Twisted" to get a certain sound and style. He was cautious but agreed to do it...

Seems Lindsey and Stevie healed some wounds during that process and he ended up playing guitar and singing on it too (in fact his vocals were actually stronger in the mix!) I might be wrong though. That was the first and in my view most important step to the Dance reunion.

At the Boston 1996 show, before performing "twisted", Stevie said "my life was 'twister', the movie" during the recording of that song....so, from that comment, it sounded as if there was certainly some tension still there.
Old 01-02-2004, 11:46 AM
trackaghost
This message has been deleted by trackaghost.
Old 01-02-2004, 12:31 PM
Senior Ledgie

What kind of relationship did Lindsey and Christine have? On The Dance DVD, when Lindsey sings Bleed to Love Her, he seems to be looking at Christine. Any chance of a romance between those two??
Old 01-02-2004, 01:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'm always curious as to what happened to bring Lindsey and Stevie together for Twister.
I don't think they play that game often anymore. Her long skirt gets in the way of reaching the green dots, and she can't tilt her head back to see the yellow ones.

- Jake
Old 01-03-2004, 02:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
I'm always curious as to what happened to bring Lindsey and Stevie together for Twister. I remember when I heard about that I almost fell over as Stevie had been saying in all the interviews I had seen for quite some time that they hadn't talked for a long time before the Presidential Inauguration, that things were tense for that performance and that Lindsay split when it was over and didn't talk to them again. Can anyone fill in that blank?
I really wish I could remember exactly which article I read this in, and if I had more time, I could probably find it.

Anyway, Mick has said that while he and Lindsey were repairing their friendship and working together on 'Gift of Screws,' he and Stevie were also in the midst of repairing their relationship (which had grown strained and cold after the release of Mick's book, and Stevie's disappointment at being denied the use of "Silver Springs" for her 'Timespace' compilation).

Meanwhile, Stevie had been asked to write and record a song for the soundtrack to the movie 'Twister.'
Given that she related the story of the tempestuous relationship of the film characters to her own life, and wanting to hopefully work thru some of the animosity between her and Lindsey, she asked Mick to be a go-between and see if Lindsey would be interested in recording the song with her.

Lindsey, according to Mick, was intrigued by the idea of working with Stevie again in a less tense situation, and he really liked the demo she sent of "Twisted," so he agreed to do it.

All of these things... Mick & Lindsey getting reacquainted with each other, Stevie & Mick mending fences, Lindsey & Stevie putting aside their differences to record together again, and Lindsey asking John & Christine to contribute to some of the 'Gift Of Screws' tracks... all lead to the 1997 reunion.

Last edited by Johnny Stew; 01-03-2004 at 02:05 AM..
Old 01-03-2004, 02:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Re: Re: Tisted

Quote:
Originally posted by joe
At the Boston 1996 show, before performing "twisted", Stevie said "my life was 'twister', the movie" during the recording of that song....so, from that comment, it sounded as if there was certainly some tension still there.
I always took her comment to mean that, while writing and recording the song, she was basically living and breathing 'Twister'... because the project became very important, and perhaps more intense than her involvement had ever been with a movie soundtrack before.
Old 01-03-2004, 02:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Carolina Girl
What kind of relationship did Lindsey and Christine have? On The Dance DVD, when Lindsey sings Bleed to Love Her, he seems to be looking at Christine. Any chance of a romance between those two??
I have always suspected something between Lindsey and Chris, romantic or otherwise, and I have always thought that was the real reason she left the band...

We were frail...
Save us...
Old 01-03-2004, 04:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Johnny Stew
I really wish I could remember exactly which article I read this in, and if I had more time, I could probably find it.

Anyway, Mick has said that while he and Lindsey were repairing their friendship and working together on 'Gift of Screws,' he and Stevie were also in the midst of repairing their relationship (which had grown strained and cold after the release of Mick's book, and Stevie's disappointment at being denied the use of "Silver Springs" for her 'Timespace' compilation).

Meanwhile, Stevie had been asked to write and record a song for the soundtrack to the movie 'Twister.'
Given that she related the story of the tempestuous relationship of the film characters to her own life, and wanting to hopefully work thru some of the animosity between her and Lindsey, she asked Mick to be a go-between and see if Lindsey would be interested in recording the song with her.

Lindsey, according to Mick, was intrigued by the idea of working with Stevie again in a less tense situation, and he really liked the demo she sent of "Twisted," so he agreed to do it.

All of these things... Mick & Lindsey getting reacquainted with each other, Stevie & Mick mending fences, Lindsey & Stevie putting aside their differences to record together again, and Lindsey asking John & Christine to contribute to some of the 'Gift Of Screws' tracks... all lead to the 1997 reunion.

Not to mention both SN and LB's careers were "in the toilet," so it certainly made sense for them to collaborate.

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 01-03-2004, 02:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Carolina Girl
Hmmm...I always assumed he was looking at Stevie when he smiles that smile in that song that makes ME weak in the knees...and the guy could be my father!!!