The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-27-2003, 08:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Post Songs that DIDN'T make the album...

According to the Guitar Player interview over at Burnish.net, the following songs didn't make the album....

I Am Waiting
Gift of Screws
Not Make Believe

Just thought I'd post it here...

~Alex

Old 02-27-2003, 09:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The only song I am dissapointed about not making is "Down On Rodeo" which was my 2nd fav GOS song behind "Red Rover."
Old 02-27-2003, 09:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: Songs that DIDN'T make the album...

Quote:
Originally posted by greatdarkwing
According to the Guitar Player interview over at Burnish.net, the following songs didn't make the album....

I Am Waiting
Gift of Screws
Not Make Believe

Just thought I'd post it here...

~Alex
I'm hoping that these have been held back for a future solo album sometime (however loooong it may be!) down the line....

Old 02-27-2003, 10:05 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default Mathematics...

1. I Am Waiting - Lindsey
2. Gift of Screws - Lindsey
3. Not Make Believe - Stevie

and ...

4. All the Beautiful Worlds - Stevie
5. Mistaken Love - Stevie

PLUS

18 tracks on the album

= **23 SONGS!!** So MAYBE these are the five songs that will be released in some other form (b sides, Best Buy, "Special Edition Say You Will," etc.)

I'm hoping.

- Josh

Old 02-27-2003, 11:46 PM
thewhitewingedd
This message has been deleted by thewhitewingedd.
Old 02-27-2003, 11:59 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by thewhitewingedd
Not Make Believe????.....Dammit...I love that song....
Yeah, me too! We can hope that they (the five extra songs) will be released in some other form... keep your eyes out for them somewhere!

- Josh

Old 02-28-2003, 12:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

It would be cool if WB would sell *those* as MP3s on their website.

~Angela~
Old 02-28-2003, 12:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Exclamation That would be interesting...

Quote:
Originally posted by EnchantedStorms
It would be cool if WB would sell *those* as MP3s on their website.
~Angela~
But I would like to see the 5 extra tracks (Mentioned on this post) made available on an EP compact disc kinda like what riff_shuffler mentioned in his post (Several musical acts have done this with Best Buy promotional cd's in the past)

Brian J.

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 02-28-2003, 01:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Talking Is this the same article that Brian so nicely transcribed for us here on the ledge?

I was disppointed Down On Rodeo, Twist Of Fate and Space Needle (I would LOVE to hear Linds take a crack at that one!) didn't make it.
But I'm still optimistic they will be released in some shape or form.
-Sonia
"So I close my eyes softly... till I become that part of the wind that we all long for sometimes. And to those that I love like a ghost through a fog, like a charmed hour and a haunted song, and the angel... of my dreams"

"All alone we suffer. Oh, to steal your heart away."
Old 02-28-2003, 02:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

The GP article never said those song WEREN'T on the album, they said that the album's tracking order wasn't finalized by press time. And, that there still was some debate over whether it would be released as a single or double CD. From all the sites I've visited, I've not read anything "official" or "definite" about the tracklist except for "Peacekeeper", "Say You Will", & "Thrown Down".

Check out the Bob Dylan site, you can custom design your own Bob Dylan CD from songs they have posted there...just pick any 12 songs from the list of songs and then make your choice of cover photos from the four or five selections, and for $17.98, you've got your own personal Bob Dylan album. Apparently, the list is getting quite extensive, I hear; and many of the songs are versions that have never been released before. I haven't checked it out on my own yet, but one of the guys in my blues band just got his custom ordered CD in the mail a couple of days ago.

Now if FMac would do something like this with outtakes or live cuts that never had been released before, THAT would be cool. But, far be it from them to do something this innovative for the general public...we'd no doubt have to pay $90+ just to get access to the site to do anything this cool.
Old 02-28-2003, 10:25 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by chiliD
The GP article never said those song WEREN'T on the album, they said that the album's tracking order wasn't finalized by press time. And, that there still was some debate over whether it would be released as a single or double CD. From all the sites I've visited, I've not read anything "official" or "definite" about the tracklist except for "Peacekeeper", "Say You Will", & "Thrown Down".

Check out the Bob Dylan site, you can custom design your own Bob Dylan CD from songs they have posted there...just pick any 12 songs from the list of songs and then make your choice of cover photos from the four or five selections, and for $17.98, you've got your own personal Bob Dylan album. Apparently, the list is getting quite extensive, I hear; and many of the songs are versions that have never been released before. I haven't checked it out on my own yet, but one of the guys in my blues band just got his custom ordered CD in the mail a couple of days ago.

Now if FMac would do something like this with outtakes or live cuts that never had been released before, THAT would be cool. But, far be it from them to do something this innovative for the general public...we'd no doubt have to pay $90+ just to get access to the site to do anything this cool.
Unfortunately, this is true... but that's a GREAT idea, chiliD. Your post gives me hope for some of these songs to surface after all. I guess we'll know the *final* tracklist shortly, when Amazon or bn.com posts it........

Josh

Old 02-28-2003, 12:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I cannot believe that Space Needle did not make the cut. I think lyrically and, on the demo, musically it is so much stronger than Thrown Down and Not Make Believe. In fact, I put it up there with Storms and Beautiful Child, which I think are stunning. It really could have been on Tusk. But, hey, being the eternal optimist - I am still holdng out for it to be released somehow.

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 02-28-2003, 10:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: That would be interesting...

Quote:
Originally posted by estranged4life
But I would like to see the 5 extra tracks (Mentioned on this post) made available on an EP compact disc kinda like what riff_shuffler mentioned in his post (Several musical acts have done this with Best Buy promotional cd's in the past)

Brian J.

Oh, so do I. I just think that, since they *are* going to do this, it would be great if they'd sell the ones that didn't make the final cut, instead of the ones that we'll be getting anyway a few weeks after that.

~Angela~
Old 03-01-2003, 04:12 AM
Ledgie

Hey Mac-lovers,

I was wondering about the Lindsey track "I Am Waiting". Is it yet another Rolling Stones cover from the mid-sixties Lindsey seems so fond of?

If I´m not mistaken it´s a track from their 1966 Aftermath album. That makes 6 Stones covers from that period in total which he and or Mac have recorded so far apart from "Gotta Get Away", "She Smiled Sweetly", "The Singer Not The Song", "Blue Turns To Grey" and the also rumoured to have been recorded "She´s A Rainbow".

What do you guys think of this?

Greetings,

Marcel.