User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-12-2018, 03:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by g. fish View Post
I think I could become a fan of Neil Finn. I really like his sound. And he is charismatic. But based on what I've seen, I don't think he (or anyone else) can fill Lindsey's shoes.

Vince Gill has done a great job of imitating Glen Frey. But it's still just karaoke in my mind...even with a known replacement. The only way to achieve legitimacy is to create new music.

As HomerMcvie said...It's simply too late in the game for reinvention.

Maybe if Fleetwood Mac had another 10 or 15 years. But at that point, they will be pushing 85 to 90.
That's a fair view.
Old 06-12-2018, 03:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar Mouse View Post
I'm not trying to force any music on anyone. Just stating my opinions just like all the others do here. Mine standout though because I'm not espousing the "Lindsey as victim" theme and just talking about how brilliant Mike and Neil are. Hey I wish Lindsey would have just backed down and honored his commitment to tour with Fleetwood Mac and did his solo thing next summer. If he had, Fleetwood Mac would still be the "classic five" and Neil would in Auckland finishing his album with his brother Tim.
My understanding is he did back down. They (she) wasn't interested though.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 06-12-2018, 03:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
My understanding is he did back down. They (she) wasn't interested though.
We won't know for sure until Lindsey comments. The band is saying that Lindsey wanted to delay the tour for a year and wouldn't back down from that. Hopefully we'll hear both sides of the story at some point. Either way, I wish he would have simply played the tour and then did his solo thing next summer.
Old 06-12-2018, 03:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
We won't know for sure until Lindsey comments. The band is saying that Lindsey wanted to delay the tour for a year and wouldn't back down from that. Hopefully we'll hear both sides of the story at some point. Either way, I wish he would have simply played the tour and then did his solo thing next summer.
YES, we all know your point of view. You state it over and over and over. Yet, with no ability to show us your sources as you always claim we need to show you..........

Also, you never did mention if you have seen any actual Fleetwood Mac live shows................???? (Neil Finn shows don't count)
Old 06-12-2018, 03:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel75 View Post
FOR ONCE I actually agree with you. You have articulated both their strengths well here and realised they are different.
But Stop trying to shove Finn's talent down forum members throats, it is not helping your case. I hold Finn in the highest regard too but people need to make up their own minds personally. I don't believe FM will ever be great again, with or without Finn. Music is subjective and shouldn't be forced on anyone. You are only enraging those that are still sad and angered by LBs firing....
Angel75, the same thing could be said about you guys who are voicing your complaints about Lindsey being fired. I mean, how would you feel if someone posted "But stop trying to shove your complaints about Lindsey's firing down members throats?" Sugar Mouse has just as much right to post about Neil Finn's talent as you have to post about your anger at Lindsey's firing. I really appreciate the posts and links about both Neil and Mike Campbell, since I'm not familiar with their work.

I'm sorry you're mad at FM for firing Lindsey, but not everyone else is. I'm still a fan, but maybe that will change when I actually see Neil and Mike perform as FM. You said music is subjective and shouldn't be forced on anyone... but it seems like you have already decided to not like the new version of FM. Which is totally your right... just like it's my right to actually give FM a chance. I gave them a chance when Lindsey left, and when Stevie left, and when Christine left, and I'm still going to give them a chance now that Lindsey was fired. But saying people shouldn't post links about Neil or Mike here just seems misguided. You shouldn't think these posts are here to rub salt in your wounds... they're here so we can all learn more about these guys who are now a part of FM.
Old 06-12-2018, 03:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Angel75, the same thing could be said about you guys who are voicing your complaints about Lindsey being fired. I mean, how would you feel if someone posted "But stop trying to shove your complaints about Lindsey's firing down members throats?" Sugar Mouse has just as much right to post about Neil Finn's talent as you have to post about your anger at Lindsey's firing. I really appreciate the posts and links about both Neil and Mike Campbell, since I'm not familiar with their work.

I'm sorry you're mad at FM for firing Lindsey, but not everyone else is. I'm still a fan, but maybe that will change when I actually see Neil and Mike perform as FM. You said music is subjective and shouldn't be forced on anyone... but it seems like you have already decided to not like the new version of FM. Which is totally your right... just like it's my right to actually give FM a chance. I gave them a chance when Lindsey left, and when Stevie left, and when Christine left, and I'm still going to give them a chance now that Lindsey was fired. But saying people shouldn't post links about Neil or Mike here just seems misguided. You shouldn't think these posts are here to rub salt in your wounds... they're here so we can all learn more about these guys who are now a part of FM.
The difference is that many supporters of Lindsey feel they support the Rumour's lineup of the band, and the fact that it's now defunct has many people sad, disappointed and even angry. We just are and we want to talk about it.
Sugar Mick seems to want to argue with everyone that talks about this, and people are sick of hearing his/her point of view because it's done to annoy. So maybe he/she should just leave alone those who want to discuss it??? And leave alone those that do not share the same point of view on who caused it.
Old 06-12-2018, 03:46 PM
Senior Ledgie

Some thoughtful insight in this thread. This Finn/Campbell experiment could go any of a dozen ways; I'm trying to remain optimistic. I consider myself a Lindsey Buckingham Super-Fan and I hold Neil Finn's work in almost as high regard. So I'm really torn here! But I'm getting over the shock/disappointment and starting to look forward to the new Mac. Not ready to take the plunge and buy tickets just yet, but I will eagerly check out the early setlists and videos. Finn's never disappointed me before, so...
Old 06-12-2018, 03:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethemac1 View Post
The difference is that many supporters of Lindsey feel they support the Rumour's lineup of the band, and the fact that it's now defunct has many people sad, disappointed and even angry. We just are and we want to talk about it.
Sugar Mick seems to want to argue with everyone that talks about this, and people are sick of hearing his/her point of view because it's done to annoy. So maybe he/she should just leave alone those who want to discuss it??? And leave alone those that do not share the same point of view on who caused it.
I understand what you're saying. Maybe instead of replying to Sugar Mouse, you could ignore him? That would cut down on the problem. It does take two to argue. If people didn't respond to his posts, it would die. But instead of telling someone to quit posting, how about using the ignore feature? I know people use that feature on me all the time LOL!

I respect your right to vent about Lindsey's firing and have no problem with people doing so, especially on this forum. The name calling got old, but it looks like people are backing down from that, which makes it much more bearable, hopefully on all sides. I mentioned on another thread, when or if I post something about how excited I am to see footage of Mike and Neil performing with FM, that's not meant to rub salt in anyone's wounds. So it's kind of a catch-22, I think.
Old 06-12-2018, 04:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Sugar Mick seems to want to argue with everyone that talks about this, and people are sick of hearing his/her point of view because it's done to annoy
Sorry to tell you that I don't post with the intention of annoying anyone. On the flip side, I find many of the posts on this forum annoying with all the "Lindsey is a victim" stuff and all the expletives. How about you ignore me and I'll ignore you. Or we can try to understand each other's perspectives. Life is short ...
Old 06-12-2018, 04:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post

Fair comments. And I never said I would not go to a live show again (although I am not convinvced now due to the backlash from fans that they will tour outside of the US)....what I did say is that I don't think that they will ever be GREAT again.
Old 06-12-2018, 04:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Sorry to tell you that I don't post with the intention of annoying anyone. On the flip side, I find many of the posts on this forum annoying with all the "Lindsey is a victim" stuff and all the expletives. How about you ignore me and I'll ignore you. Or we can try to understand each other's perspectives. Life is short ...
Lot's of people have explained that you are annoying them. If you find the Lindsey Victim areas annoying, then avoid them.
Old 06-12-2018, 04:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Also, you never did mention if you have seen any actual Fleetwood Mac live shows................???? (Neil Finn shows don't count)
???????????????????

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 06-12-2018, 05:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Lot's of people have explained that you are annoying them. If you find the Lindsey Victim areas annoying, then avoid them.
Lots of people have said that the "Lindsey as victim" stuff is annoying ... and yes I've seen Fleetwood Mac live many times dating back to the mid-1970's. I saw them on Rumours, Tusk, Mirage, etc. tours.
Old 06-12-2018, 05:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
???????????????????
Yes - I've seen Fleetwood Mac live many times since the mid-1970's.
Old 06-12-2018, 05:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel75 View Post
what I did say is that I don't think that they will ever be GREAT again.
Yes, and isn't that in itself terribly sad?

So much has been sacrificed.... and for what? A tour that will be over in a few months? Stevie's tenuous "happiness" which will turn into a diva tantrum at the first perceived slight?

Such a terrible, terrible shame.