Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-26-2011, 12:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanne2 View Post
From an interview with photographer Ross Halfin:

Who would he say was the strangest subject he has ever photographed?
‘I once shot Stevie Nicks in her house. She made me stand on a seven foot ladder because she was convinced that it would make her look younger and thinner,’ Halfin chuckles. ‘Between every roll of film she would get her assistants to hold her hand and on one of the walls in her house there was a twenty foot tall print of her in her ballerina outfit from the cover of Rumours. She was alright in the end, ‘cos I sort of convinced her that what I was doing was good, but the whole thing was a pretty weird experience.

http://www.timeandleisure.co.uk/arti...my-camera.html
I would love to see the photos from that shoot.
Old 11-04-2011, 07:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Q – Who are/were your influences musically growing up?

A - I loved listening to Kelly Clarkson and Avril Lavigne. I would sing all the songs off of Kelly’s “Breakaway” album and every time an Avril song came on, I went crazy! On the other hand, Stevie Nicks, Joan Jett, Pat Benatar, Patti Smith were always playing on weekend kickbacks at our place.

Q – You do a remake of Stevie Nicks’ “Edge of Seventeen.” Why did you decide to cover this song?

A - When I first heard the song, I didn’t understand it, and it intrigued me. The lyrics and mystery pulled me in. Its style also reminded me a little of my own, and every time I perform it for a crowd, I have the best time watching all the adults suddenly stop what they’re doing and look up and get all pumped up.

http://www.zoiksonline.com/2011/11/t...nfluences.html
Old 11-09-2011, 03:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

The last 40 seconds or so is really gross. But there's a Stevie mention during Martha Plimpton's visit to Chloe Sevgny.

Old 11-09-2011, 06:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UndoingTheLaces View Post
I would love to see the photos from that shoot.
I wonder what year that was. It's doesn't surprise me that Stevie would have a 20 foot picture of herself hanging in her house.
Old 11-10-2011, 09:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

http://www.abc.net.au/rn/breakfast/s...11/3362163.htm

November 11, 2011 Radio in Australia
Old 11-10-2011, 09:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
http://www.abc.net.au/rn/breakfast/s...11/3362163.htm

November 11, 2011 Radio in Australia
Thanks for this!

It's only taken her 30 years to understand how to do press & keep her name out there. Better late than never. Lol.
Old 11-10-2011, 10:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilyRose View Post
Thanks for this!

It's only taken her 30 years to understand how to do press & keep her name out there. Better late than never. Lol.
And it's nice to hear her say this. You just know she reads our comments here on The Ledge.
Old 11-11-2011, 07:51 AM
Ledgie

Thanks for posting this. Nothing too much new, but I love that she says she's "learning" about media, computers, etc. She does seem to have softened her stance on hating all things internet-related, and I think that's great.
Old 11-11-2011, 02:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

To celebrate 11-11-11 Billboard pointed out that Rhiannon reached #11 on the charts
http://www.billboard.com/column/char...05505842.story

"Rhiannon (Will You Ever Win)," Fleetwood Mac, 1976

The eventual supergroup twice stopped at No. 11, with this ballad and next single "Say You Love Me" (also in 1976), before reeling off its first top 10, "Go Your Own Way" (No. 10, 1977). The lattermost song became the first of four top 10s from "Rumours," making the set the first album by a group to yield a quartet of Hot 100 top 10s.
Old 11-16-2011, 02:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Describes a Las Vegas boutique:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/travel/201...?newsfeed=true

In the heart of Colorado Street's (and Vegas's) growing arts district, this adorable store occupies an adorable house. While the Attic (see above) cranks disco, the Gypsy Den favours Patti Smith. If the vibe at The Attic is meant to evoke the Summer of Love, this place is meant to evoke the brief romance between Stevie Nicks and Don Henley. Looking for some feather earrings? A shearling vest? A turquoise velvet jacket? Perhaps you're newly obsessed with US indie rock queen/harp player Joanna Newsom and think you too would like to start wearing Gunne Sax dresses? The books here are straight off your dad's kooky girlfriend's shelf – Coma, No Naughty Cats, The Nixon Recession Caper – and not to be missed.
Old 11-16-2011, 02:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Review of the play "Stay"
http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifest...dPN_story.html

In one unfortunate scene, a character quotes from the Fleetwood Mac song “Landslide” — driving home the production’s life-is-transience message with all the subtlety of a sledgehammer.
Old 11-21-2011, 09:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I would just like to take a moment to say how much I love Stevie Nicks. She has enriched my life immensly. I have been a serious fan since I was 16 and I'm 49 now.
I'm so lucky to have a place like this where I can share my favorite singer with great people from all over the world.

Love, Viv
Old 11-28-2011, 10:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

The opening track (and first single) “Carousel” is the only song on the record that is immediately reminiscent of your previous work. But as soon as the bridge kicks in, with those choirgirls so bewitchingly chanting “I thought I heard your voice in the thunder / is the owl casting spells that we’re under?” you’ve immediately set a tone unlike anything you’ve produced before.
I’m glad you noticed that. That was part of the reason why that is the first song. When you get to the bridge it becomes a séance, and this whole record feels like a séance to me. Actually, do you know who placed that song there? Stevie Nicks. She and I have been very close since I toured with her a few years ago and she has had a huge impact on my creative life. She loves this record, and she’s great at sequencing, so I asked if she would do it. She really spent time, she really thought it through, and she put it in the order that it is in. So that’s all Stevie.

Wow. That’s a lot of power to give over to someone else.
It’s a huge job and quite difficult for the person who makes the record to do it. Having distance from the songs after you complete them is so important, but you don’t really want the record company to do it, so it’s tricky.

This record is one of those rare, start-to-finish gems that hits all the right notes and never overstays its welcome, and the sequencing has everything to do with that. So, good job, Stevie!

Yes! Thank you, Stevie. (laughs)

http://www.popmatters.com/pm/feature...anessa-carlto/
Old 11-28-2011, 03:16 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
The opening track (and first single) “Carousel” is the only song on the record that is immediately reminiscent of your previous work. But as soon as the bridge kicks in, with those choirgirls so bewitchingly chanting “I thought I heard your voice in the thunder / is the owl casting spells that we’re under?” you’ve immediately set a tone unlike anything you’ve produced before.
I’m glad you noticed that. That was part of the reason why that is the first song. When you get to the bridge it becomes a séance, and this whole record feels like a séance to me. Actually, do you know who placed that song there? Stevie Nicks. She and I have been very close since I toured with her a few years ago and she has had a huge impact on my creative life. She loves this record, and she’s great at sequencing, so I asked if she would do it. She really spent time, she really thought it through, and she put it in the order that it is in. So that’s all Stevie.

Wow. That’s a lot of power to give over to someone else.
It’s a huge job and quite difficult for the person who makes the record to do it. Having distance from the songs after you complete them is so important, but you don’t really want the record company to do it, so it’s tricky.

This record is one of those rare, start-to-finish gems that hits all the right notes and never overstays its welcome, and the sequencing has everything to do with that. So, good job, Stevie!

Yes! Thank you, Stevie. (laughs)

http://www.popmatters.com/pm/feature...anessa-carlto/
Well done Stevie! Professional sequencer extraodinaire.
Old 11-28-2011, 03:46 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
I would just like to take a moment to say how much I love Stevie Nicks. She has enriched my life immensly. I have been a serious fan since I was 16 and I'm 49 now.
I'm so lucky to have a place like this where I can share my favorite singer with great people from all over the world.

Love, Viv
Her songs will be with you and in your life forever, and I think that is what gives Stevie a great pride. And at over 8000 posts you should also be proud of your contribution and generosity! Its what makes this forum so very interesting and enjoyable.

Your post hit a chord with me directly because I also got hooked at an early age 11/12 and I'm still going at 45!