User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-25-2004, 03:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarneVaca
No one is fooling me into anything, not even you. The point is it had never been explicitly stated that changing the immunized song was illegal, therefore Homer did not know it was. And it wasn't because it was never made so. And if it was made so, it was never explicitly stated. Therefore, SMAP has immunity.

Otherwise, this round has to be declared invalid.

Our friends in Europe are going to bed not knowing what to do in this round because no ruling has come. It would be unfair to them to take immunity away from SMAP and validate the round.
Well I say either Walk a Thin Line has immunity or this round should be considered invalid

He Will Burn You Down
Old 08-25-2004, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye
Well I say either Walk a Thin Line has immunity or this round should be considered invalid
Frankly, I think it should be declared invalid at this point. There's too much confusion.
Old 08-25-2004, 03:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
You may not agree with how I play the game, but I would appreciate if you would stop casting aspersions on my integrity.
You sound like a political candidate now.

This whole thing is supposed to be fun... remember, Carne?
I'm not casting aspersions on your integrity, I'm teasing you.

And I wasn't razzing you about what you're doing, only that you're doing it and THEN saying that you want a "clean" game. Just doesn't seem clean to me, that's all.
Old 08-25-2004, 03:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Frankly, I think it should be declared invalid at this point. There's too much confusion.
I agree.
And I feel that the policy of granting immunity should be dropped.

It was a good idea, but unfortunately it seems to create far too much confusion.

Let each song have to battle it out, fairly and squarely, with nothing protected.
Old 08-25-2004, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew
And I wasn't razzing you about what you're doing, only that you're doing it and THEN saying that you want a "clean" game. Just doesn't seem clean to me, that's all.
I know you're trying to mess with me, dude. But the point is there is nothing dirty about persuading people to vote a certain way. You can believe otherwise all you want, if you insist on it, but it doesn't make it so.

If I weren't playing clean, would I have been as quick to accept the results of the Not that Funny round? Hell, I was really pleased with how the fight was fought, though I lost in the end. I even said Not that Funny lost fair and square. That's the game. So be it.

But I suspect you wouldn't razz me if I were politicking in favor of the songs you like. Right?
Old 08-25-2004, 04:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Dude, how can you vote for Save Me a Place without a backup? Too risky because we don't know what's going to happen.
Carne, I'm so tired of trying to get rid of this god-awful song, that I don't even care what happens until it GOES!

"Don't f*&k with anyone's dog and don't ever date a musician."
Old 08-25-2004, 04:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
If I weren't playing clean, would I have been as quick to accept the results of the Not that Funny round? Hell, I was really pleased with how the fight was fought, though I lost in the end. I even said Not that Funny lost fair and square. That's the game. So be it.
Ah yes, but that was in regards to "Not That Funny"... not "Save Me A Place."
When it's about saving "SMAP," you seem to be a lot more adamant.

Quote:
But I suspect you wouldn't razz me if I were politicking in favor of the songs you like. Right?
I don't know... campaign for any one of Lindsey's remaining songs, instead of "Save Me A Place," and maybe you'd have me on your side.

But anytime that song isn't protected, I'm going to vote against.

(For the record, I'm VERY bummed to lose "Not That Funny," and even more bummed to lose "That's All For Everyone." The latter being one of Lindsey's two best songs on the album, IMO. )
Old 08-25-2004, 04:55 PM
trackaghost
This message has been deleted by trackaghost.
Old 08-25-2004, 04:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I vote off Save Me A Place.

Romy

Non vogliate negar l'esperienza
di retro al sol, del mondo sanza gente
Considerate la vostra semenza
fatti non foste a viver come bruti
ma per seguir virtute e canoscenza ~ Dante Alighieri, Divina Commedia, Inferno Canto XXVI
Old 08-25-2004, 05:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackaghost
I am way too confused.
This round needs to be made invalid and started over IMO.
What could be fairer than that?
I'm right there with you, Sharon. I don't think we should start it over, though. I'm getting SO tired of Tusk Survivor.

Maybe the next album can have different threads for each round?

Have I even voted in this round? What round are we IN?!
Old 08-25-2004, 05:05 PM
trackaghost
This message has been deleted by trackaghost.
Old 08-25-2004, 05:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default OK Much needed info....

Immunity is cancelled for this round. Walk A Thin Line and Save Me A Place are up for votes again. So if you want to change you vote please do so between now and 10 o-clock (CNT) I am extending the voting for a couple fo hours.

Ok. If you are going to change immunity PLEASE DO IT BEFORE NOBODY HAS VOTED FOR THAT SONG! There were 4 votes for SMAP so I can not allow the immunity to be changed. Sorry..

AGAIN IF YOU ARE GOING TO CHANGE YOUR VOTE PLEASE TELL THE SONG YOU PREVIOUSLY VOTED FOR AND THE NEW VOTE,
Thanks
Old 08-25-2004, 06:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

You made the right decision, Jacob. I prefer SMAP to Walk a Thin Line, BUT changing the immunity because you've realized too late that you made a tactical error is completely BOGUS. It would start a slippery slope that would suck the fun out this game, and give WAY too much power to the immunity-giver. The confusion in this round was caused by Homer McVie and perpetuated by a few others, but their frantic attempt to rewrite history shouldn't invalidate everyone else's votes. Again, I am saying this as someone who thinks SMAP is a beautiful song and superior to WATL.

Addressing another topic: I don't think it's underhanded to ask someone to vote a certain way. They can choose not to do so. I do think it's lame to change your vote but I've already voiced my disappointment about that.

So, I'm not worrying about it anymore. I'm just going to vote for The Ledge because it's too stressful otherwise.

Old 08-25-2004, 06:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Beautiful Child

Old 08-25-2004, 06:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77Rumours77
Immunity is cancelled for this round. Walk A Thin Line and Save Me A Place are up for votes again. So if you want to change you vote please do so between now and 10 o-clock (CNT) I am extending the voting for a couple fo hours.

Ok. If you are going to change immunity PLEASE DO IT BEFORE NOBODY HAS VOTED FOR THAT SONG! There were 4 votes for SMAP so I can not allow the immunity to be changed. Sorry..

AGAIN IF YOU ARE GOING TO CHANGE YOUR VOTE PLEASE TELL THE SONG YOU PREVIOUSLY VOTED FOR AND THE NEW VOTE,
Thanks
Dude, not to be critical, but you shoulda started a new thread for this, right here, right now, with your post...so convenient, and that way everyone who checks back in will know that you made a ruling in the SMAP case....
AMber

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 08-25-2004, 06:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber
Dude, not to be critical, but you shoulda started a new thread for this, right here, right now, with your post...so convenient, and that way everyone who checks back in will know that you made a ruling in the SMAP case....
AMber
Why can't they just check this thread like in the past?

Old 08-25-2004, 06:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

SAVE ME A PLACE

and can we please ....

Get a new post for each new round??????????????????????