The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-10-2011, 03:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Augustana is one of my favorite bands ever. They just came out with a new album that you should def. pick up! This cover is also really good. Not many people can do a good cover of Dreams, but I am loving this one!
Old 05-10-2011, 08:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by APerfectLie View Post
Augustana is one of my favorite bands ever. They just came out with a new album that you should def. pick up! This cover is also really good. Not many people can do a good cover of Dreams, but I am loving this one!
The Corrs did Dreams here in England in the '90s - it was one of the weakest and irritating covers I've ever heard!

But really I don't want to hear anyone covering FM or LB songs.
Old 05-10-2011, 08:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by APerfectLie View Post
i will definitley check out their new cd. my hubby bought their last one and it was pretty good. i agree i was amazed at how much i loved this cover. they sounded excellent and it gave me chills!
Old 08-28-2013, 09:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Eve's Burden on Dreams (Country Version)

https://www.prbuzz.com/entertainment...cs-dreams.html

P.R. Buzz Press Release

Eve's Burden releases new country version of Fleetwood Mac's Dreams

(PRBuzz.com) August 28, 2013 -- Those of you who know me well realize my favorite unsung heroes are a group from California called Eve's Burden.

EVE'S BURDEN is a group which can successfully blur the line between genres blending rock, country and soul into one homogeneous delicacy.

Already receiving much critical acclaim for their first release "The Black Letter"... EVE'S BURDEN sets out on yet another voyage into the pop music world with their up coming new album "A Checkered Past"

With a sound that has been compared to the likes of, Melissa Etheridge meets Janis Joplin and Led Zeppelin.

I recently had a chance to speak with Singer Sharon Jordan and guitar player / producer Jerry Leal about their latest single, an alternative country style remake of the classic hit song from the 70's by Fleetwood Mac and Stevie Nicks called "Dreams."

Jerry invited me down to his studio in California because he knew I would be chomping at the bit for anything new from this group. Their first album "The Black Letter" was great but the only thing I could compare it to was a modernized sound inspired by Jimi Hendrix, Led Zeppelin, Janis Joplin and Santana with a heavy funky edge to it. This was completely different! Let me first state that Fleetwood Mac was once my favorite band. I remember seeing them long ago when they were a British blues band with guitarist Peter Green. Jeremy Spencer would dress up like Elvis Presley while Mick Fleetwood did a drum solo with his bare hands till he literally passed out and fell off the drum stool (that is how the show ended). After they added Lindsey Buckingham, Christine McVie and Stevie Nicks to the line up they left the blues behind and the sound became much more pop music oriented.

I was blown away when I heard the Eve's Burden country version of "Dreams." Unlike the original it has a groovy upbeat feel to it. That is probably why so many radio stations are already playing this cut. Here are the highlights from the interview with Jerry Leal and Sharon Jordan.

LMN - Jerry: I'll have to admit it took me by surprise, why did you pick the song "Dreams" JL - "As you know my style of writing is much more complex than just 2 chords, I just do not have the patience to write a song without some complex changes. Maybe that's why we've never had a big hit. So instead I looked for a cover song that was a hands down hit song but also a very simple one made popular by a female singer. "Dreams" by Stevie Nicks fit the bill perfectly."

LMN- Sharon: Most famous singers of your caliber just don't have the soul you can deliver, it's like they are all technique and no feeling. Your voice is usually so powerful and bluesy yet you do such a great job of delivering this song in a country pop style, why the big change? SJ- "We all agreed the vocals should not jump right out and slap you in the face like most of our other stuff. After all it was already a gigantic hit so there's nothing to prove. We just decided to let the song do the work. I'm really not a pop singer anyhow but I am "country" at heart."

LMN-Jerry: Was it difficult to make the switch from your rock and metal music roots to country? JL-"For me it did take some adjusting. This song is rooted in acoustic rock, that is not my normal thing. As for Sharon's vocal, we usually try to take the twang out of her voice but this time we just left it in and like she said she is "country" at heart. Her mother's maiden name was Jordan and her father's last name is Jordan, It don't get no more country than that !"

LMN-Jerry: This song is not americana or traditional country, it has a great driving feel to it. How did you accomplish that? JL-" Lots of tambourines. More cowbell! (laughs) No really the pedal steel guitar, piano and acoustic guitar do all the driving. The drums and bass just lay down a solid groove and of course I could not resist playing a few of my signature lead guitar licks."

LMN-Sharon : What are your expectations for this new single? SJ-"Heavy main stream and college radio airplay! PLEASE!"

LMN-In my humble opinion "Dreams" by "Eve's Burden" is a no-brainer radio hit for both pop and modern country radio stations to add to their playlist!

Listeners can go here to preview and download the single: http://cdbaby.com/cd/evesburden3

Radio stations can request a free copy by sending an email to: prs@pyramidrecording.net

Good luck guys and great Job! "Eve's Burden" features... Sharon Jordan on Vocals, Jerry Leal on guitar, Rik Willmitch on bass, Joel Solis on drums and Zack Kircorian on Keys "Dreams" features Jordan Rosen on pedal steel guitar with Scott Abels on percussion. Lucky Daye of "Lucky's New Music Blog"
Old 08-29-2013, 01:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I would love to hear this one.

What ever happen to the deal with somebody was going to make a country tribute to FM Rumours.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 11-02-2017, 09:04 AM

Girl Blue releases video for her cover of Fleetwood Mac’s ‘Dreams’

For every iconic song in the world, there are countless covers in existence. It can be so difficult to put your own spin on a song and stand out, whilst also respectfully paying homage to the original. However, when a cover is done right, it can be an incredibly special moment.

Singer, songwriter and producer Arielle O’Keefe, better known as Girl Blue, recently released her version of Fleetwood Mac’s ‘Dreams’. As one of the band’s most well loved songs globally, it’s a hard task to re-imagine the track however, Girl Blue has delivered the most haunting version which captures the original emotion of the song.

Starting off with a stripped back production, Girl Blue’s breathtaking voice does all of the talking. She has such a captivating tone, it’s hard not to lose yourself in her pitch-perfect vocals. Later on, the track is laced with an electronic vibe, as a hypnotic beat is added to proceedings. This adds a modern element and Girl Blue stamp to the song, which we really love.

We’re not the only ones who are appreciating Girl Blue’s cover either. The track has over 195,000 streams on Spotify and was featured on Spotify USA’s New Music Friday playlist. Speaking about her choice of cover, she said: “Rumours was an album I’d had around as a kid but it hit me really differently as an adult. The album is full of hits, but ‘Dreams’ has always been the quintessential Rumours song for me.”

Yesterday (October 31), Girl Blue unveiled the visual for the song. Directed by Chromoscope Pictures, the eerie video shows the singer in the woods at night, singing incantations over a spell she’s casting. The visual has a gothic vibe, which suits the Halloween release date perfectly.

Speaking about the inspiration behind the visual, Girl Blue said: “I think that visual really leans into the foreboding you’ll regret this side of the lyric, I wanted to channel Stevie and the spirit of the song a la ‘The Craft’ and the ‘The VVitch’’ it was really fun to do.”

Check out the visual for ‘Dreams’ below.

Girl Blue has long been making waves on the music scene thanks to her incredible vocal arrangements and storytelling ability. Her debut EP I Am Not A Star was released earlier this year and received incredible support from Spotify, with lead single ‘Fire Under Water’ being streamed over 2.2 million times. We can expect even more new music from her soon, as she is preparing a new album for release in early 2018.

‘Dreams’ is available now.

http://celebmix.com/girl-blue-dreams/
Old 07-07-2018, 08:17 AM

Years & Years covered Fleetwood Mac in session, and it sounded exactly like this
You can check out the band 'doing' 'Dreams' for BBC Radio 2 now.

We’re presuming you’ve already taken our advice and sacked off most of your weekend plans for Years & Years’ new album ‘Palo Santo’, so you’ll have plenty of time to check out this lovely little ‘in session’ chaser.

The band performed on the BBC Radio 2 Breakfast Show yesterday morning (6th July) to celebrate the release of their second album. While doing so, they recorded a stripped back cover of Fleetwood Mac’s ‘Dreams’.

If you’re a fan of really quite lovely takes on all time classics, while watching radio types awkwardly realise they’re in shot of a webcam while someone nearby plays music, you’re in luck. You can check it out below.

https://www.readdork.com/news/years-...ctly-like-this
Old 07-21-2018, 04:33 AM

PREMIERE: Brightside cover Fleetwood Mac’s “Dreams”

A long time ago in a galaxy far away, a band called Brightside embarked on a tour with The World Is A Beautiful Place & I Am No Longer Afraid to Die and tossed around the idea to release a cover to cover of Fleetwood Mac’s Rumours. And then life got in the way. The band’s own personal 2012 loomed over them, the label they were on dissolved into nothingness, and the plans to recreate the album were shelved. Before everything came to a screeching halt all at once, the band was able to learn and incorporate one song into their live set — the thunderous and anthemic “Dreams.” I’ll be the first one to tell you that this cover is something that you need to hear.

I was fortunate enough to be able to share the band’s first bit of new music with y’all earlier this year, and I couldn’t be more excited to share a proper recording of this cover with you today! The band made a conscious decision to take a step outside of themselves and move away from the spacious and poignant brand of indie-rock that we’ve come to expect from them in order to create something that feels like it pays proper homage to one of the best bands to have graced humanity. Brightside doesn’t play much with the track, calling it a straightforward recreation of what Fleetwood Mac brought to the table. According to Matt Williams, this was done in order to help the band continue to grow as musicians as they work towards writing and recording new music for us all to hear.

This is one of the few covers that doesn’t bastardize the material that it’s supposed to be praising. This isn’t somebody not taking the lyrics of a song that they love and turning into something that sounds on brand for the kind of music that they make. It’s a bunch of talented musicians striving to become better and learning from the best and, honestly, it’s 2018 — if Weezer can cover Toto twice in one year and get away with it, Brightside can cover Fleetwood Mac.

Listen below.

https://substreammagazine.com/2018/0...htside-dreams/
Old 08-18-2018, 07:56 AM

Logan Ashley Releases Beautiful Cover Of Fleetwood Mac’s “Dreams”

Known for maintaining a busy touring schedule (boasting 250 performances per year), Logan Ashley showcases her virtuosity on this recording, at times sounding like percussionist, guitarist and vocalist all in one. Her tightly rhythmic guitar playing channels the iconic groove performed on the original recording by John McVie and Mick Fleetwood, creating a foundation for her lead vocal to comfortably fit in. Performed in a key that hits the sweet spot of Ashley’s range, she sings as if she herself wrote the song, bringing an air of power and conviction to her performance. Making it even more her own, a hint of breathiness and country twang in her vocal timbre modernizes the flavor of the song.

Logan Ashley has been playing guitar and piano from memory since she was only 8 years old. She started busking at the young age of 10, playing guitar and singing for crowds at the famous Market Square in Knoxville. It is this experience that made her fall in love with the art of performance. She realized then she had the incredible ability to connect with an audience of all ages. “I played for older people who loved classic country, I played for younger kids who loved Taylor Swift, and I played for the crowd in between who loved James Taylor, Fleetwood Mac, and Chicago. I was connecting with a 7-year-old and someone who was 70 – and everyone in between,” says Logan about the experience.

http://www.goseelivemusic.co/index.p...d-macs-dreams/
Old 09-06-2018, 09:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

http://junkee.com/vance-joy-julia-ja...ood-mac/173891

Vance Joy And Julia Jacklin’s Fleetwood Mac Cover Will Make You Cry
by JULES LEFEVRE 3 SEPTEMBER 2018

Last Saturday night, triple j’s One Night Stand rolled into the Tasmanian town of St Helens.

The event was the biggest ever One Night Stand in history, with over 20,000 people reportedly cramming into the town’s footy oval to watch acts like Peking Duk, Vance Joy, Tkay Maidza, Alex the Astronaut, and Middle Kids.

There were plenty of surprise collabs throughout the evening — at one point Maidza was joined on stage by Kwame, Arno Faraji, Carmouflage Rose, Jesswar and The Kid Laroi for a stomping ‘Brontosaraus’ — but a particular standout was Vance Joy and Julia Jacklin’s quietly beautiful rendition of Fleetwood Mac’s ‘Dreams’, played midway through Vance’s headlining set. Watch it below.

(...)