The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #121  
Old 02-16-2021, 09:34 AM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Indiana/Tennessee
Posts: 12,677
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
All I can say is: Thank God Christine and Lindsey had the balls to release the album anyway and tour without her.

What an album and summer!
I'm surprised the bitter old hag didn't sue to stop them.

The album was better without her, anyway.
__________________
I will CRUSH YOU!!!! KAREN BRING ME MY FLIP PHONE!
And I'm David, not Homer!(we all should be able to change our name, at least once)
Reply With Quote
  #122  
Old 02-16-2021, 10:33 AM
jmn3 jmn3 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 1,219
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
All I can say is: Thank God Christine and Lindsey had the balls to release the album anyway and tour without her.

What an album and summer!
I wish their balls were a bit more pronounced and they released it as Fleetwood Mac and toured with Mick and John. In the interviews and press releases, ballsy Mick could just have said "Stevie is doing her solo stuff right now and wasn't involved." But none of them had that level of balls.

As an alternative to the above, I wish Chris and Lindsey would've just been honest (which everyone here knew 100%) and said that the intention was for this to be a Fleetwood Mac album but Stevie wouldn't do it and Mick/Azoff/the label/whoever wouldn't allow it to be released as Fleetwood Mac without her.
Reply With Quote
  #123  
Old 02-16-2021, 11:13 AM
jbrownsjr jbrownsjr is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,969
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
I wish their balls were a bit more pronounced and they released it as Fleetwood Mac and toured with Mick and John. In the interviews and press releases, ballsy Mick could just have said "Stevie is doing her solo stuff right now and wasn't involved." But none of them had that level of balls.

As an alternative to the above, I wish Chris and Lindsey would've just been honest (which everyone here knew 100%) and said that the intention was for this to be a Fleetwood Mac album but Stevie wouldn't do it and Mick/Azoff/the label/whoever wouldn't allow it to be released as Fleetwood Mac without her.
I love that it was referred to as Buckingham/McVie!! Because I've always loved their work together.
__________________
I would tell Christine Perfect, "You're Christine f***ing McVie, and don't you forget it!"
Reply With Quote
  #124  
Old 02-16-2021, 11:23 AM
UnwindedDreams UnwindedDreams is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 3,360
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I love that it was referred to as Buckingham/McVie!! Because I've always loved their work together.
I like the title too especially after Stevie claimed they didn't wait for her to record in a 2017 RS interview. "I've been on the road so I don't understand their premise."
Reply With Quote
  #125  
Old 02-16-2021, 11:27 AM
jmn3 jmn3 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 1,219
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I love that it was referred to as Buckingham/McVie!! Because I've always loved their work together.
Agree about their work together. But using their own logic - if Mick/John/Chris/Stevie/Neil/Mike on tour = Fleetwood Mac, then Mick/John/Chris/Lindsey recording an album should have = Fleetwood Mac as well. It's a great album and would have been a great final recording for the band. Well, it was a great final recording for the band - it just wasn't labeled as such.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

ROY ROGERS SMILEY BURNETTE BILLY THE KID RETURNS RE1948 11x14" LOBBY CARD
$45.5
ROY ROGERS SMILEY BURNETTE BILLY THE KID RETURNS  RE1948 11x14ROY ROGERS SMILEY BURNETTE BILLY THE KID RETURNS RE1948 11x14" LOBBY CARD #1301
$45.5
ROY ROGERS SMILEY BURNETTE BILLY THE KID RETURNS  RE1948 11x14ROY ROGERS SMILEY BURNETTE BILLY THE KID RETURNS RE1948 11x14" LOBBY CARD #1303
$45.5
ROY ROGERS SMILEY BURNETTE BILLY THE KID RETURNS  RE1948 11x14Billy Burnette Vintage 80's Pin Pinback Badge Rockabilly
$22.5
Billy Burnette Vintage 80's Pin Pinback Badge Rockabilly pictureBilly Wilder and Carol Burnett - Vintage photograph 3683643
$20.9
Billy Wilder and Carol Burnett - Vintage photograph 3683643 picture



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:19 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved