The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Present Band
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-26-2020, 08:40 PM
bombaysaffires bombaysaffires is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: West Coast
Posts: 5,398
Default Neil Finn buys house in LA

Well Looks like Neil expects to be doing *something* in and around LA for a while

https://ultimateclassicrock.com/neil-finn-house/
__________________
Reply With Quote
.
  #2  
Old 03-26-2020, 09:07 PM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Indiana/Tennessee
Posts: 12,677
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Well Looks like Neil expects to be doing *something* in and around LA for a while

https://ultimateclassicrock.com/neil-finn-house/
Well, I wouldn't want Lindsey to go back after this sh*t show, so it may has well be him as anyone.

That's some damned FUGLY wall paper behind the bar, and in the dining room! Makes me think of Alfred Hitchcock's The Birds!
__________________
I will CRUSH YOU!!!! KAREN BRING ME MY FLIP PHONE!
And I'm David, not Homer!(we all should be able to change our name, at least once)

Last edited by HomerMcvie; 03-26-2020 at 09:11 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-27-2020, 03:26 AM
SteveMacD's Avatar
SteveMacD SteveMacD is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: The Buckeye State
Posts: 7,444
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Well, I wouldn't want Lindsey to go back after this sh*t show, so it may has well be him as anyone.
This could be just as much about Crowded House as Fleetwood Mac. Liam lives in L.A. as does Mitchell Froom, both currently in Crowded House. I think Fleetwood Mac was a factor, but not THE factor.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-27-2020, 11:33 AM
BLY BLY is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Posts: 1,554
Default

I think we have seen the last of Fleetwood Mac.....sad to say
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-27-2020, 12:28 PM
bombaysaffires bombaysaffires is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: West Coast
Posts: 5,398
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
This could be just as much about Crowded House as Fleetwood Mac. Liam lives in L.A. as does Mitchell Froom, both currently in Crowded House. I think Fleetwood Mac was a factor, but not THE factor.
Clearly touring with FM pays off handsomely.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-27-2020, 12:56 PM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Indiana/Tennessee
Posts: 12,677
Default

The Googles say he's worth 30 million. I'm sure he didn't get most of that in the past couple of years.
__________________
I will CRUSH YOU!!!! KAREN BRING ME MY FLIP PHONE!
And I'm David, not Homer!(we all should be able to change our name, at least once)
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-27-2020, 06:21 PM
Storms123 Storms123 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 934
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
The Googles say he's worth 30 million. I'm sure he didn't get most of that in the past couple of years.
Agreed Homer.. Article also says he had a house in LA already so seems like this one is a bit of an upgrade for him. Not only does FM pay more handsomely, but I suspect makes one a bit more relevant. Maybe he's hoping for/planning more work. Not with FM--I do agree, they are DONE
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-27-2020, 07:23 PM
elle's Avatar
elle elle is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: DC
Posts: 11,567
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Clearly touring with FM pays off handsomely.
lol or maybe not? we were just talking in another chat how he could apparently only afford a "measly" 4M house, not one of Kristen Buckingham's 20M ones.

guess FM doesn't pay their contractors that much.
__________________

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-27-2020, 07:25 PM
elle's Avatar
elle elle is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: DC
Posts: 11,567
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
Agreed Homer.. Article also says he had a house in LA already so seems like this one is a bit of an upgrade for him. Not only does FM pay more handsomely, but I suspect makes one a bit more relevant. Maybe he's hoping for/planning more work. Not with FM--I do agree, they are DONE
yup, he used his newly-found Mac-related "visibility" to stand up a new version of Crowded House. they were supposed to tour same venues and headlining same festivals Mac did last summer in Europe this summer. of course a lot of that may end up getting cancelled now.
__________________

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-27-2020, 07:27 PM
elle's Avatar
elle elle is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: DC
Posts: 11,567
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
This could be just as much about Crowded House as Fleetwood Mac. Liam lives in L.A. as does Mitchell Froom, both currently in Crowded House. I think Fleetwood Mac was a factor, but not THE factor.
yup, right in Lindsey's neighborhood.

they may end up all bumping into each other on their social distancing hikes around the neighborhood.
__________________

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 03-27-2020, 08:32 PM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Indiana/Tennessee
Posts: 12,677
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
lol or maybe not? we were just talking in another chat how he could apparently only afford a "measly" 4M house, not one of Kristen Buckingham's 20M ones.

guess FM doesn't pay their contractors that much.
I was thinking the same. A 4M house in LA isn't that much money.
__________________
I will CRUSH YOU!!!! KAREN BRING ME MY FLIP PHONE!
And I'm David, not Homer!(we all should be able to change our name, at least once)
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 03-27-2020, 08:45 PM
bombaysaffires bombaysaffires is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: West Coast
Posts: 5,398
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
yup, right in Lindsey's neighborhood.

they may end up all bumping into each other on their social distancing hikes around the neighborhood.
there's a difference between Los Feliz and Brentwood.......
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 03-27-2020, 10:34 PM
elle's Avatar
elle elle is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: DC
Posts: 11,567
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
there's a difference between Los Feliz and Brentwood.......
Mitchell Froom lives in Brentwood, i think?
__________________

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 03-28-2020, 01:21 AM
bombaysaffires bombaysaffires is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: West Coast
Posts: 5,398
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
Mitchell Froom lives in Brentwood, i think?
He might.

Neil seemed to find more bang for his buck elsewhere.

I seem to recall either LB or Trent Reznor mentioning they were in the same neighborhood. And didn't KB mention crossing paths with John's wife Julie as they were also close by?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 03-28-2020, 09:37 AM
elle's Avatar
elle elle is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: DC
Posts: 11,567
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
He might.

Neil seemed to find more bang for his buck elsewhere.

I seem to recall either LB or Trent Reznor mentioning they were in the same neighborhood. And didn't KB mention crossing paths with John's wife Julie as they were also close by?
i don't remember about Trent, i do remember Lindsey saying that Mitchell Froom is his neighbor.

and yes, John is LB's neighbor too.

i couldn't care less where and what Neil is buying. but if Neil is coming to work in Froom's studio, that is in the same neighborhood as LB.
__________________

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

FLEETWOOD MAC AUTOGRAPHED/SIGNED JOHN McVIE 8X10; CHRISTINE & LINDSEY BUCKINGHAM
$200.0
FLEETWOOD MAC AUTOGRAPHED/SIGNED JOHN McVIE 8X10; CHRISTINE & LINDSEY BUCKINGHAM pictureJOHN MCVIE AUTOGRAPH *FLEETWOOD MAC* HAND SIGNED 10X8 PHOTO
$138.46
JOHN MCVIE AUTOGRAPH *FLEETWOOD MAC* HAND SIGNED 10X8 PHOTO picturec1977 RUMOURS ERA FLEETWOOD MAC PROOF SHEET JOHN MCVIE & CURRY GRANT MID FINGER
$99.99
c1977 RUMOURS ERA FLEETWOOD MAC PROOF SHEET JOHN MCVIE & CURRY GRANT MID FINGER pictureDENNIS WILSON of BEACH BOYS Photo CANDID Rare w/ JOHN McVIE Fleetwood Mac
$39.95
DENNIS WILSON of BEACH BOYS Photo CANDID Rare w/ JOHN McVIE Fleetwood Mac pictureFLEETWOOD MAC 24X36 POSTER STEVIE NICKS MICK LINDSEY BUCKINGHAM JOHN MCVIE
$29.0
FLEETWOOD MAC 24X36 POSTER STEVIE NICKS MICK LINDSEY BUCKINGHAM JOHN MCVIE picture



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved