Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-27-2018, 09:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Heart guitar strum vid from yesterday

there's a video of guitar strum from yesterday when you click / swipe through these pics all the way to the last one (4th).

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 11-27-2018, 09:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
Thanks for the review.

That's interesting, and great!
I suppose they meant Lindsey solo as opposed to in Fleetwood Mac?
It would be very cool if people went who had never seen him before full stop!

Agreed about Frederico!
(But not agreed about your new name for him--LOL)
LOL thanks for the correction... well,you were a lot closer to his actual name than I was, anyway! Federico looked cool in his shades. I noticed a couple of times he licked his finger while playing... I wonder if it was a habit or if maybe it hurts to finger pick the guitar?
Old 11-27-2018, 09:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
LOL thanks for the correction... well,you were a lot closer to his actual name than I was, anyway! Federico looked cool in his shades. I noticed a couple of times he licked his finger while playing... I wonder if it was a habit or if maybe it hurts to finger pick the guitar?
Yeah, I definitely noticed that too and wasn't sure which it was--showmanship or practicalities.

In the snippet of Down On Rodeo that I just posted in the Birmingham thread, Lindsey can be seeing shaking out his right hand before playing.
Old 11-27-2018, 09:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
wow, so glad you had such a great experience - and how awesome from Hawkeye to leave you his 2nd row ticket!

i'm so relieved you didn't end up looking for us, because i felt so bad about missing you - you originally stipulated going in the first place by having some people you know there. so i'm taking all the creditr for you going and i'm loving this so much!!

too bad you didn't go strum! it is something - always such incerdible experience. and that was another weird thing yesterday, with that lower stage, and then apparently LB's people gave the instructions to the seccurity that he will come down to that lower stage / covered pit for people to strum during GYOW but the message venue security somehow received was that he will go into the crowd during the encores. so they brought extra security and blocked the access to the stage during GYOW which was the weirest thing i've ever seen at LB show! and he had to make extra efforts to get people to actually approach the stage and strum - as you describe above. normally he covers the stage on all sides for people to be able to strum, but yesterday he couldn't... either way, he / his people can never get that messaging straight it seems!
You can take all the credit LOL! I was really on the fence about seeing Lindsey, mostly because it was in Canton and I was concerned about the weather in November- I absolutely hate driving in snow, even if it's just flurries. And with the rain and possible freezing temperatures, well that's even worse. Plus it was just a few weeks after I was going to see FM, and it was on a Monday, AND it was right after Thanksgiving, so logistically, I had some valid reasons to not go. But I had missed the Buck/Vie tour last year, thinking I would catch them another time, and we all know how that worked out, and with Lindsey (and myself) getting older, the sad reality is, each tour could very well be the last at this stage, so I had to go. I would definitely see Lindsey again, hands down.

As for the strumming, Lindsey was clearly motioning for us to come up, but like you said, it was obvious security had not been informed. Still, they did let people move up, so that was cool.
Old 11-28-2018, 05:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Glad everyone had such a great time. Speaking of strumming the guitar, Lindsey makes sure almost everyone in the front row gets a chance. During FM concerts its usually just one or two people in the front row for GYOW. Lindsey makes a full walk across the stage to give as many people possible to strum.

I had the VIP package and got the CD. After the concert, I appreciated his solo work more. I know that sounds strange but I still have the CD in the car and play it all the time. I re-discovered and discovered more of his solo work which is all great.
Old 11-28-2018, 08:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Stupid question and not sure where to post it. I got my email today about the M&G. I am seeing him next week in NYC. The email says each package purchased is entitled to 1 entry. I purchased 2 tickets---I assume each one of us is granted M&G access. I paid the M&G price for both.

Thank you and I promise I will come back with a copious review.
Old 11-28-2018, 09:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
Stupid question and not sure where to post it. I got my email today about the M&G. I am seeing him next week in NYC. The email says each package purchased is entitled to 1 entry. I purchased 2 tickets---I assume each one of us is granted M&G access. I paid the M&G price for both.

Thank you and I promise I will come back with a copious review.
yeah. you bought 2 m&gs, you'll get 2 m&gs. and all the extra stuff they give you with it.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 11-28-2018, 09:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
yeah. you bought 2 m&gs, you'll get 2 m&gs. and all the extra stuff they give you with it.
Thank you Elle!
Old 11-28-2018, 10:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Overall, I enjoyed the show. My favorite song of the night was “I Must Go,” but, really, it was great hearing so many of the lesser played songs that have been favorites for decades. I also really liked the full-band versions of “Go Insane” and “Trouble.”

I think his banter was much better and a lot less forced than in tours past. He seemed to almost have a bit of humor about what happened with the band without directly addressing it. I will say that I was a little surprised “Wrong” isn’t in the set.

The biggest negative for me was the modulated vocals. Granted, the majority of it was used on the backing vocals, it was especially painful/embarrassing when Lindsey used it on “Surrender The Rain.”

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 11-29-2018, 01:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Overall, I enjoyed the show. My favorite song of the night was “I Must Go,” but, really, it was great hearing so many of the lesser played songs that have been favorites for decades. I also really liked the full-band versions of “Go Insane” and “Trouble.”

I think his banter was much better and a lot less forced than in tours past. He seemed to almost have a bit of humor about what happened with the band without directly addressing it. I will say that I was a little surprised “Wrong” isn’t in the set.
Yes to all this. I thought the background vocals by the band on I Must Go is what made that song so good live. Lindsey was incredible, but so is his band. And I'm just as surprised by Wrong not being on the set list. I'm also just as surprised it's not on his Anthology, even the 3 disc version. Wasn't it a single?

Glad you had a good time.