User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-23-2013, 01:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post

how is packaging any different than for any of their solo albums? and is distribution that much larger than for a SN solo album?
Because, presumably, they'd be manufacturing and shipping more of them.

Michele
Old 02-23-2013, 03:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
the only huge expense i can think of is all of their separate management and lawyers, but i know nothing about the recording business these days so would love to learn.
I thought they all had Frontline now. I could be wrong.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 02-23-2013, 08:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
I thought they all had Frontline now. I could be wrong.
No idea. Guess LB is with Azoff/Consolo, SN is with Kaufman and I have no idea who Mick is qith. Also no idea how things got sorted out after Azoff left LN. It is possible different managers have different ideas on how to move forward.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 02-23-2013, 08:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Because, presumably, they'd be manufacturing and shipping more of them.

Michele
Yeah so when do the economies of scale kick in?

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 02-23-2013, 08:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Promotion costs money. And if it's a whole album, then packaging and distribution. I would hope that a whole album would not be a digital download only.

Michele
Frankly I don't really care. Digital dl only album is gazillion times better than no album in my book.

Old 02-23-2013, 02:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
No idea. Guess LB is with Azoff/Consolo, SN is with Kaufman and I have no idea who Mick is qith. Also no idea how things got sorted out after Azoff left LN. It is possible different managers have different ideas on how to move forward.
isn't Mick still with Carl Stubner?

Interestingly, Carl was sued by Motley Crue for working harder to promote Tommy Lee's solo stuff rather than Motley Crue's band efforts because, they said, he made more money from Tommy's solo work because he was Tommy's manager and didn't have to share mgmt fees with all the other managers when the band did stuff. Guess with Mac he's got Azoff and Howard Kaufman keeping an eye on him...
Old 02-24-2013, 12:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
isn't Mick still with Carl Stubner?

Interestingly, Carl was sued by Motley Crue for working harder to promote Tommy Lee's solo stuff rather than Motley Crue's band efforts because, they said, he made more money from Tommy's solo work because he was Tommy's manager and didn't have to share mgmt fees with all the other managers when the band did stuff. Guess with Mac he's got Azoff and Howard Kaufman keeping an eye on him...
I don't thin he's w/ Stubner anymore.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 02-24-2013, 09:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky View Post
Bon Jovi has a million dollar guarantee. So I doubt FM is higher. FM is nowhere near the draw on the road that Bon Jovi is. Bon Jovi still plays stadium venues and in the last ten years the only acts to top their grosses are The Stones, U2 and Madonna. Maybe Gaga once. My memory may fail me on the Gaga numbers. I will check with a few of my sources on this. You know that the whole second SYW leg was only done to pay back the promoters who lost their shirts on the first leg, right?

For whatever reason this is the only song that Stevie has never phoned in. It is always different night to night, and she is always committed.
I don't understand, though. Wasn't that entire first leg complete sell outs?
Old 02-24-2013, 09:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
i really don't get the expense part that people keep bringing up.

if you consider digital technology + Lindsey has a studio (and a record label) - where's this huge expense coming from??

the only huge expense i can think of is all of their separate management and lawyers, but i know nothing about the recording business these days so would love to learn.

I would think that one of the perks to recording at home is to charge the label personally and pocket that money instead of it going to a studio. You may also be able to negotiate the advance by using that as a selling point. Just a guess.

Quote:
Mick was with Stubner under Sanctuary but they were sold to LN as well.

But, collectively, as band, Fleetwood Mac has been under one management since 2004 - Front Line, now a subsidiary of Live Nation. At the end of 2011, Live Nation Entertainment and Universal Music Group launched a new joint venture management company.The partnership is managed by LNE’s Front Line Management Group, and the founder/CEO Irving Azoff, who was the LNE executive chairman. Of course, Azoff recently left LN but in this January RS article, it says he continues to manage FM: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...wered-20130104

Last edited by CADreaming; 02-24-2013 at 10:13 AM..
Old 02-24-2013, 10:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceLover View Post
I don't understand, though. Wasn't that entire first leg complete sell outs?
I would like to know about this, too. Did the SYW Tour not drum up enough cash/interest first time round?
Old 02-24-2013, 11:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulpian View Post
I would like to know about this, too. Did the SYW Tour not drum up enough cash/interest first time round?
No, I am almost 100% sure the first 40 dates they booked were all sold out.
Old 02-24-2013, 12:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceLover View Post
No, I am almost 100% sure the first 40 dates they booked were all sold out.
That was the North American part. So was it the rest of tha first leg that they lost money on? If so, I suppose that would have been Europe.
Old 02-24-2013, 01:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

But if they lost money in Europe, they wouldn't have been making it up to promoters in the U.S. on the 2nd leg, would they? They'd go back to Europe to make up the money, right?

Michele
Old 02-24-2013, 10:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
But if they lost money in Europe, they wouldn't have been making it up to promoters in the U.S. on the 2nd leg, would they? They'd go back to Europe to make up the money, right?

Michele
well, were they trying to make up the money for the promoters, or for themselves? Did they somehow cover the shortfall with the promoters themselves and do more shows to recoup that?