User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-25-2021, 07:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I've never seen him wearing glasses. He must need them!
Yes, so he could see that Lane Bryant outfit he put on
Old 02-26-2021, 08:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
We don't disagree on much, but....

I don't question Lindsey's production values on SYW. I question the song quality, and the singing ability, especially $tevie's. Her voice is awful these days(and those days, considering SYW was 18 years ago).

I watched LIB last night, and her voice is totally annoying now.
I know you like the song Everybody Finds Out. You don't agree that this kind of music does not appear or frequently appear on other Fleetwood Mac albums? Its a whole new level of performance by the band. This is not Seven Wonders 2.0
While you don't like Come, can you at least appreciate the edgy music from the Mac? Its not your cup of tea but you cant see the creativity? The Mac: John, Lindsey, and Mick play their assess off on this album. That alone should make you wanna get a tattoo "Silver Girl" on your left arm.
You cant see how this effort is Tusk like? SYW is not my favorite album but I am blown away how good it is in many areas and about 70% of the songs are incredible. My head explodes when I read on this board how Illume is dumb and not a catchy pop song. Seriously..... I don't get how people don't get this album.
I will follow you down to the sound of SYW posts will haunt you.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 02-26-2021 at 08:58 AM..
Old 02-26-2021, 11:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I know you like the song Everybody Finds Out. You don't agree that this kind of music does not appear or frequently appear on other Fleetwood Mac albums? Its a whole new level of performance by the band. This is not Seven Wonders 2.0
While you don't like Come, can you at least appreciate the edgy music from the Mac? Its not your cup of tea but you cant see the creativity? The Mac: John, Lindsey, and Mick play their assess off on this album. That alone should make you wanna get a tattoo "Silver Girl" on your left arm.
You cant see how this effort is Tusk like? SYW is not my favorite album but I am blown away how good it is in many areas and about 70% of the songs are incredible. My head explodes when I read on this board how Illume is dumb and not a catchy pop song. Seriously..... I don't get how people don't get this album.
I will follow you down to the sound of SYW posts will haunt you.
I do like EFO, and appreciate the different style of music on it(not that I'd want an entire album of that from FM).

Come shouldn't have been a FM song. Watching LIB, and Lindsey is wiggling his index finger at the camera, "every time you don't come". I'm no prude, but that's just TRASHY(there, I said it). When you're 25, it's forgivable. When you're a senior citizen, it's embarrassing. It looks like a pathetic attempt to appear to be cutting edge and relevant. I DON'T WANT THE BAND OF MY LIFE TO BE TRASHY.

SYW as an EP? Yeah, there were enough good songs for that. But when you tie the Albatross of Come and Silver Girls around it's neck, it sinks like a stone.
Old 02-26-2021, 01:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Come shouldn't have been a FM song. Watching LIB, and Lindsey is wiggling his index finger at the camera, "every time you don't come". I'm no prude, but that's just TRASHY(there, I said it).
Hahahaha, look, you found some common ground with Stevie!!

I like some of Say You Will, some of it is just filler, and some is pure trash. Running Through the Garden, Everybody Finds Out, Thrown Down, Destiny Rules, Miranda, Bleed to Love Her, and Steal Your Heart Away. Add in 3-4 Christine songs and I'd love that album. Peacekeeper and Say You Will aren't bad per se but are meh.

Come live was awesome. On the album it's not nearly as interesting.
Old 02-26-2021, 01:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post

I like some of Say You Will, some of it is just filler, and some is pure trash. Running Through the Garden, Everybody Finds Out, Thrown Down, Destiny Rules, Miranda, Bleed to Love Her, and Steal Your Heart Away. Add in 3-4 Christine songs and I'd love that album. Peacekeeper and Say You Will aren't bad per se but are meh.

Yeah, and we both like blow!

I agree. Let's throw away 5-6 songs, add 4 Christine songs, and it would have been a good album. Speaking of blow....FM without Christine blows.

I've never been a fan of screaming(see notes for NTF live - Mirage version). I'm a melody and harmony lover.
Old 02-26-2021, 02:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Come is definitely better in person

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 02-26-2021, 02:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
I agree with what you said about certain songs being retired from the setlist, although I would love to hear Big Love performed by the whole band. Imagine Dragons did a great cover of Big Love for MusiCares, I think. Good point about As Long As You Follow, but that song was recorded 30+years ago. I really don't think the band is capable of recording incredible music anymore, even if they wanted to put their differences aside.

In an ideal world, we would have more incredible FM albums, on par with FM or Rumours, but I suspect they’d turn out more like Say You Will than Tango.

The more I listen to Sad Angel, the more I think it it absolutely f***ing amazing. That was only a few years back. Had the 5 all recorded together a few years ago when they had the chance I have no doubt they could have pulled out something truly awesome.

I'd take more SYW than nothing.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 02-26-2021, 02:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
The more I listen to Sad Angel, the more I think it it absolutely f***ing amazing. That was only a few years back. Had the 5 all recorded together a few years ago when they had the chance I have no doubt they could have pulled out something truly awesome.

What Idl about Sad Angel is the keyboards, it sweetens the song and Idt it should be a sweet song.

Miss Fantasy I'd listen to every day if I didnt delete my iTunes. Mick is hot on that. And if that's Brett on keys, he's the spine of that song!
Old 02-26-2021, 02:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post

I really liked Sad Angel and loved hearing it played live in 2013 - it was a nice little rocker early in the set and showed that they could still put out good new music.
Old 02-26-2021, 02:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yeah, and we both like blow!

I agree. Let's throw away 5-6 songs, add 4 Christine songs, and it would have been a good album. Speaking of blow....FM without Christine blows.

I've never been a fan of screaming(see notes for NTF live - Mirage version). I'm a melody and harmony lover.
Silver Girl should not just be thrown away, but should be vaporized and also removed from all of our memories. It's a terrible song. The lyrics are some of Stevie's worst on any Fleetwood Mac album. It's hard to make "she stares at the stairs, there are so many things to stare at these days" sound Shakespearian but she managed to on that one.

And then three songs later on the album is Everybody Finds Out which is honestly right up there as one of my favorite songs she ever did. THAT should have been the uptempo number late in the set for her vs. Stand Back on the SYW Tour.
Old 02-26-2021, 02:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Bringing it back to the original ask of this thread. I hate how this bad just wasted every single opportunity to do anything really meaningful after 1997. As a new fan at that time (I knew of them even as a kid, but I got into FM pretty hard as a result of The Dance), there was a LOT to explore. One album, one EP, and five tours over 20 years (one of which that includes Mike Campbell and Neil Finn) is just purely wasteful. They could have done a lot more interesting things than just dragging out The Chain/Dreams/Rhiannon/So Afraid/Tusk/GDW/Stand Back/GYOW/Don't Stop every few years which is essentially what it was. They should have leveraged Christine for the Say You Will album even if she didn't tour. And they should have realized that they always do better work together than they do solo (IMO anyway). I would have preferred more new music and more interesting takes on their catalog in a live setting. And I always found this fascination with Stevie and Lindsey as lovers or a couple to be obnoxious. They were together for a few years, 20, 30, 40, 50 years ago (depending on the timeframe)! They played it up just as much as the weirdo fans did. The weird Tusk/Sara/Landslide dances and kisses and pretending to still be in LURRRVVVE while hating each other - - ugh! So basically, while some good things came out of the last 24 years, I found too much of it to be one wasted opportunity after another. My biggest gripe with them!
Old 02-26-2021, 04:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Bringing it back to the original ask of this thread. I hate how this bad just wasted every single opportunity to do anything really meaningful after 1997. As a new fan at that time (I knew of them even as a kid, but I got into FM pretty hard as a result of The Dance), there was a LOT to explore. One album, one EP, and five tours over 20 years (one of which that includes Mike Campbell and Neil Finn) is just purely wasteful. They could have done a lot more interesting things than just dragging out The Chain/Dreams/Rhiannon/So Afraid/Tusk/GDW/Stand Back/GYOW/Don't Stop every few years which is essentially what it was. They should have leveraged Christine for the Say You Will album even if she didn't tour. And they should have realized that they always do better work together than they do solo (IMO anyway). I would have preferred more new music and more interesting takes on their catalog in a live setting. And I always found this fascination with Stevie and Lindsey as lovers or a couple to be obnoxious. They were together for a few years, 20, 30, 40, 50 years ago (depending on the timeframe)! They played it up just as much as the weirdo fans did. The weird Tusk/Sara/Landslide dances and kisses and pretending to still be in LURRRVVVE while hating each other - - ugh! So basically, while some good things came out of the last 24 years, I found too much of it to be one wasted opportunity after another. My biggest gripe with them!
Their fake love....I DESPISE IT. It was SO STUPID that they did it, and speaks to the intellect of the people who lapped it up. Not to mention HOW F*CKING DISRESPECTFUL it was to his wife. I guess she enjoyed cashing the checks enough to look the other way.
Old 02-26-2021, 04:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Their fake love....I DESPISE IT. It was SO STUPID that they did it, and speaks to the intellect of the people who lapped it up. Not to mention HOW F*CKING DISRESPECTFUL it was to his wife. I guess she enjoyed cashing the checks enough to look the other way.
How dare you question the authenticity of Stevie Nicks. The warmness you felt in your belly with eyes wide with tears as you sung along to Landslide.
Old 02-26-2021, 05:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
How dare you question the authenticity of Stevie Nicks. The warmness you felt in your belly with eyes wide with tears as you sung along to Landslide.
Okay, I need pics of your $tevie $hrine!

I've not been a $tevie fan since OSOTM was released. Everything $he had going for her went away. And never came back!!!
Old 02-26-2021, 06:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It felt a bit more realistic during The Dance. But it seemed like so many people got amped up about them as a couple from that, combined with Chris leaving, that once they got on stage in 2003 and beyond, they felt compelled to keep making it worse and more ridiculous. At the 2013 concert some guy next to me was like "they still bone" after Landslide or Sara...and I was like, uh, dude, I HIGHLY doubt it. I don't know why people cared. I wasn't even born when they were a couple. They broke up before my parents met ffs. I just like the music. I'm glad they were a couple and broke up and created some great music because of it. I could care less if you like each other now. Look at Mick and Keith on stage...you know they just want to kill each other 99% of the time. I'm not there to pretend it's still 1963 and they live together in the same London flat as best buddies.