The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-27-2012, 03:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

thanks for posting that song. i really like it. its very catchy! i am looking forward to this new cd. i didnt like her last song until I heard it during the super bowl and then it got stuck in my head -ha!!! i cant wait to see her in concert in november. this will be my first time
Old 02-27-2012, 03:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Lucky You! I won't be able to attend her concert in Warsaw Another missed opporutinty...
Old 02-27-2012, 07:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolishStevieFan View Post
Lucky You! I won't be able to attend her concert in Warsaw Another missed opporutinty...
aww i am sorry to hear that. if it makes you feel any better madonna hasnt come to pittsburgh since 1985 and i was too young to go. is there another date coming up you can go to?
Old 02-28-2012, 11:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I wasn't really keen on that Give Me All Your Love song, to be truthful.

I have not listened to Girls Gone Wild, and probably won't until the album is released. I really prefer to hear an album in it's entirety, and not sample the songs ahead of time.

I hope the songwriting is good - I'd really like Madonna to have a hit of the same caliber as Vogue, Express Yourself, Frozen or Open Your Heart.

In fact I'd really kind of prefer that she go back to working with Patrick Leonard.
I'm not the man you think I am. My love has never lived indoors - I had to drag it home by four, hired hounds at both my wrists, damp and bruised by strangers' kisses on my lips. But you're the one that I still miss. Neko Case
Old 02-28-2012, 11:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilthefirefades View Post
So what does everyone here think?

I liked it on first listen. This song will sound great on a dance floor in a gay club.
Old 02-28-2012, 03:48 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaContestant View Post
I wasn't really keen on that Give Me All Your Love song, to be truthful.

I have not listened to Girls Gone Wild, and probably won't until the album is released. I really prefer to hear an album in it's entirety, and not sample the songs ahead of time.

I hope the songwriting is good - I'd really like Madonna to have a hit of the same caliber as Vogue, Express Yourself, Frozen or Open Your Heart.

In fact I'd really kind of prefer that she go back to working with Patrick Leonard.

none of this is on this cd i too wish she'd work with patrick again
Old 02-28-2012, 04:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilthefirefades View Post
So what does everyone here think?

It would appear Madge has lost the last ounce of her former talent.
Old 02-28-2012, 04:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
Without having yet heard the song, I have to disagree.

The problem is not Madonna's talent, it's the constant re-invention of her "sound" that she perpetuates by never working with the same producers. Every album has different producers, who are also actually co-writers. She usually only writes lyrics with a bare-bones melody, and the instrumentation is filled out by her chosen producers. Think Stevie and Lindsey, Gypsy for instance - the Bella Donna outtake versus the Mirage version - totally different sounds for the same song, and nothing like the demos, really.

Madonna is always searching for a new, fresh sound for her music. The fact that your tastes are no longer aligned with hers doesn't mean she's lost anything other than your ear.

I hated Erotica when the single came out, and was indeed certain the whole album would be dreadful. I thought Secret was positively the worst song she had ever done - it sounded weird and very un-Madonna-like. Of course my mind was quickly changed when I got Bedtime Stories and played it to death. I listened to American Life once and forgot it existed for 5 years, and now I'd rank it in my top 3 Madonna albums ever. It wasn't that the songs were bad, it was that my tastes at the time were just not there.

If she always followed the same formula, we would never have had Erotica - hailed at the time as a sound that no one else was making, Ray of Light, also a landmakrk album that sounded like nothing she'd ever done. Confessions on a Dancefloor - pure disco and totally unique among Madonna albums.

Artists have to change and grow, or else they become stagnant. Imagine Fleetwood Mac with no Tusk, no Tango, no Mirage - just copy after copy of Rumours. Snooze...

I'm not saying you'll come to like this album, but if you are a Madonna fan, then don't write it off without giving the album a chance. It's not even out yet.
I'm not the man you think I am. My love has never lived indoors - I had to drag it home by four, hired hounds at both my wrists, damp and bruised by strangers' kisses on my lips. But you're the one that I still miss. Neko Case
Old 02-29-2012, 12:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I think my problem is she set the pedestal so high for her current sound with Confessions that I just can't accept anything she releases now. I actually like Girls Gone Wild, but I know that she could do better.
Old 02-29-2012, 03:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Things don't seem to be right for Madonna these days. Her first single "Give Me All Your Lovin" flopped in UK, becoming her least successful first single ever! In Poland the song is rarely being played by radio stations. To be honest I think this song is less than stellar. "Girls Gone Wild" is slightly better but hardly a cassic in the vein of her other hit singles. Of course, as a fan I will go and buy "MDNA" but don't expect too much from this album. Definately it won't be "Confessions On The Dancefloor" Part II. And as for Madonna's concert in Poland...well it seems that her last tour showed how many fans she has out here, so I am sure that next time she will visit us again
Old 02-29-2012, 04:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolishStevieFan View Post
Things don't seem to be right for Madonna these days. Her first single "Give Me All Your Lovin" flopped in UK, becoming her least successful first single ever! In Poland the song is rarely being played by radio stations. To be honest I think this song is less than stellar. "Girls Gone Wild" is slightly better but hardly a cassic in the vein of her other hit singles. Of course, as a fan I will go and buy "MDNA" but don't expect too much from this album. Definately it won't be "Confessions On The Dancefloor" Part II. And as for Madonna's concert in Poland...well it seems that her last tour showed how many fans she has out here, so I am sure that next time she will visit us again
Madonna doesn't get much radio play in American either, not since the Music album. I heard Hung Up only twice on the radio (odd since it was number 1 in 41 countries at the same time, earning it a Guinness World Record AND sold over 9 millions copies, making it one of the most highest selling singles of all time AND was the most successful dance song of the 2000s in the United States, by topping the Dance/Club Play Songs Decade-end chart)

4 Minutes was a moderate radio hit.

I don't expect any radio play for her new material. It's ageism, but any Stevie Nicks fan is all too familiar with that.
Old 02-29-2012, 06:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

"The room is spinnin', it must be the Tanqueray, I feel like sinnin'..." What?? Sorry but I have to go with louie on this. This song really is pretty dodgy.

I much prefer Stevie's ode to gin!
Old 02-29-2012, 06:40 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
Yeah I was hoping she'd move away from that "dance club" sound and go back to something similar to Music, which I think was her last good album...
Old 02-29-2012, 06:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylittledemon View Post
Yeah I was hoping she'd move away from that "dance club" sound and go back to something similar to Music, which I think was her last good album...
I'd go for Ray Of Light as her last really consistent album. Music was ok but there were a few dodgy ones on there. As a big fan of her mid 90s period and her ballads in particular, I;d love at least one more big classic Madonna ballad.
Old 02-29-2012, 08:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Ray Of Light, the highly underrated American Life & Confessions On A Dance Floor, were the last consistently good Madonna records. Hard Candy was spotty. And I am completely underwhelmed with these 2 new songs she's released from MDNA. Her singing is off and superficial sounding, bordering on vapid. Same goes for the lyrics (blech). I'm not jumping out of my seat with much excitement or enthusiasm for her upcoming release.