The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-23-2019, 05:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The only one I'm interested now is Lindsey. FM present day doesn't exist to me. I'll always cherish the music made before Lindsey's unfair dismissal. But the rest of them can go take a flying leap. DONE!
Old 03-23-2019, 08:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Its so disappointing to me because I always related to Stevie. When I was in grade school and being made fun of for being a fantasy geek who always wore flowy dresses and didn't have a boyfriend, it felt like Stevie was a sort of kindred spirit. I'd look at her and think that maybe I wasn't crazy for liking the things I liked because here's a famous woman who likes those same things. I feel like I've been lied to. I'm back to being that lonely fantasy geek.
Old 03-24-2019, 06:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
Never say never, but for now

and until a lot of things change

I've given up and will spend no more $$ on Fleetwood Mac , its current line-up ,or anything to do with members of the original 'Rumors Five'

Who else ??
i went to the US a few weeks ago and it WASNT for a FM concert.
It was a real turning point.
Old 03-24-2019, 10:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by singertobe View Post
Its so disappointing to me because I always related to Stevie. When I was in grade school and being made fun of for being a fantasy geek who always wore flowy dresses and didn't have a boyfriend, it felt like Stevie was a sort of kindred spirit. I'd look at her and think that maybe I wasn't crazy for liking the things I liked because here's a famous woman who likes those same things. I feel like I've been lied to. I'm back to being that lonely fantasy geek.

well, she WAS those things at one time. It's just that fame and fortune went to her head, reinforced by a circle of enablers. She became more and more isolated and disconnected from any real contact with daily life as most people know it. So for me I still like the stuff she did then, because it wasn't fully tainted. If that helps you feel better about it all....
Old 03-24-2019, 11:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I gave up on them in 2006 after a Lindsey solo show when he said something like “I wrote this song after I realized a dream I had wouldn’t come true, and I had to mourn the loss of that dream.” I vowed the ONLY I’d see them again is if Christine came back…

The Stevie/Lindsey relationship crap during that time was nauseating.

Christine coming back restored my interest in them. The more of Mick, John, and Christine I can get at this point, the better. And, I love that she had a few extended solos this tour.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 03-25-2019, 08:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
I gave up on them in 2006 after a Lindsey solo show when he said something like “I wrote this song after I realized a dream I had wouldn’t come true, and I had to mourn the loss of that dream.” I vowed the ONLY I’d see them again is if Christine came back…

The Stevie/Lindsey relationship crap during that time was nauseating.
Why did Lindsey saying that in a solo show make you give up? What did you think he meant by that? I don’t think that Lindsey would perpetuate a false, star-crossed Stevie and Lindsey drama at a solo concert.
Old 03-25-2019, 08:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Why did Lindsey saying that in a solo show make you give up? What did you think he meant by that? I don’t think that Lindsey would perpetuate a false, star-crossed Stevie and Lindsey drama at a solo concert.
I agree 100%. He rarely, if ever, talks about Stevie at this solo shows.

It could have been a referral to any previous girlfriends that he had, or any situation in his life, for that matter.
Old 03-25-2019, 08:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Exactly..

I always thought (or hoped) he meant he had given up on recording another album as/with Fleetwood Mac, actually collaborating with Stevie for once, after all these years.. Ya know, a real full circle, organic thing That he had finally laid that hope to rest.. then Chris coming back rekindled that dream for him.

Last edited by The Chain; 03-25-2019 at 08:38 AM..
Old 03-25-2019, 09:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It sounds like Cast Away Dreams intro. I always understood that as finally giving up on being a commercial solo artist - something he pursued at the OOTC time and why he was sitting on OOTC for so long making it come out at exactly the wrong time to be commercial. If you watch his documentary that comes with Bass Hall it is pretty clear he was stuck on whether or not to still try something commercial solo, or just release stuff without worrying too much.

If you think this was about some kind of shipperdom thing, that’s your own problem.

IMO, although many say that the recent happenings are about Stevie still being stuck on LB romantically while he moved on long time ago and she finally realized that, I always maintain that while those 2 have weird symbiotic relationship it’s not nearly as much about the couple thing as people romanticize and as they’d like you to think, but about competition about their careers. They both know neither one would be as successful as they are without the other and they probably both hate it. Just look at the ridiculous fan discussions of its all one or its all the other ongoing all over social media.

Like I think last night I saw someone posted here “it wouldn’t be FM without Stevie” - well, guess what, I bet that person goes ballistic when someone says “ it’s not FM without Lindsey”.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 03-25-2019, 10:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post

Like I think last night I saw someone posted here “it wouldn’t be FM without Stevie” - well, guess what, I bet that person goes ballistic when someone says “ it’s not FM without Lindsey”.
It was all I could do to not post that response!

A couple of her people just wear me out, where it's not even satisfying to post a smart assed response to their idiocy.
Old 03-25-2019, 10:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Things are about Stevie, for instance some of us long said that the UTS intro was about her and it turns out it was. But you have to look for these connections. Sometimes it seems that non-shippers, who say they are disgusted by SNL, go as far out of their way to look for romance that’s not there than shippers do. Hearing that song intro from Lindsey would not have made me think about Stevie, unless I was going to the concert waiting to hear hints of Stevie.

Don’t get me wrong, I remember coming back from concerts and me relaying what the new lyrics were and I would report penny arcade of Edgar Allan Poe and then we would begin to connect that to Stevie lyrics. But I was *looking* for that. If you go and you aren’t looking to hear something then I don’t think a song about a dream that died would make me think, “oh he’s trying to capitalize on the SNL fanaticism.”
Old 03-25-2019, 10:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

It's like a poorly made cocktail.

Technically you can make a martini with sweet vermouth, but there's not guarantee it will be any good and won't taste like a$$.

You can try and replace Lindsey, but it's probably going to taste like a$$.
Old 03-25-2019, 11:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Why did Lindsey saying that in a solo show make you give up?
It was a time and place thing, and the comment just rubbed me the wrong way. At the time, I was working at a homeless shelter and my uncle, who had been the main father figure in my life, had just died.

Frankly, the whole psychobabble-as-banter thing never worked for me, but those comments, from someone who has had an amazingly successful career in popular music, just reeked of spoiled privilege. Part of my job at the time was counseling people who had actually lost everything and/or people who had been victimized, like gang raped (men and women). Like, sorry Mr. Multimillionaire Critically Acclaimed Rock Star that you didn’t make more money. I’ll say a prayer for you.

It was Saturday, my day off, and I just wanted a good time at a rock show, forget about life for a few hours. I should mention that I had recently lost 175 pounds, and Lindsey’s brand of coffee house karaoke rock wasn’t especially cutting it for me. I wanted him to dog Glen Frey and kick ass, not remind me of work. I remember Minnesota David asked if I wanted to meet Lindsey. I said no, went to my car, and the first thing I asked was if Robert Pollard was playing somewhere and vowed no more Fleetwood Mac without Christine. The rest is history.

THE Stephen Hopkins

Last edited by SteveMacD; 03-25-2019 at 12:02 PM..
Old 03-25-2019, 12:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It was a time and place thing, and the comment just rubbed me the wrong way. At the time, I was working at a homeless shelter and my uncle, who had been the main father figure in my life, had just died.

Frankly, the whole psychobabble-as-banter thing never worked for me, but those comments, from someone who has had an amazingly successful career in popular music, just reeked of spoiled privilege. Part of my job at the time was counseling people who had actually lost everything and/or people who had been victimized, like gang raped (men and women). Like, sorry Mr. Multimillionaire Critically Acclaimed Rock Star that you didn’t make more money. I’ll say a prayer for you.

It was Saturday, my day off, and I just wanted a good time at a rock show, forget about life for a few hours. I should mention that I had recently lost 175 pounds, and Lindsey’s brand of coffee house karaoke rock wasn’t especially cutting it for me. I wanted him to dog Glen Frey and kick ass, not remind me of work. I remember Minnesota David asked if I wanted to meet Lindsey. I said no, went to my car, and the first thing I asked was if Robert Pollard was playing somewhere and vowed no more Fleetwood Mac without Christine. The rest is history.
This explains where your stance on the band sans Lindsey comes from. Thank you for explaining that.

And very sorry that you had such a poor experience, both at the concert and during that time of your life.
Old 03-25-2019, 02:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:

It sounds like a lot of your opinions about Lindsey's music might actually spring from your own personal issues. That's understandable, when you are going through a hard time. It also explains a few things.

BTW, why would you want - and apparently expect - Lindsey to say nasty things about Glenn Frey, of all people?

Last edited by sodascouts; 03-25-2019 at 03:18 PM..