Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-23-2013, 08:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Lindsey on Sky Arts Music Show

Music Week September 24, 2013
Guests unveiled for new Sky Arts show by Paul Williams

http://www.musicweek.com/news/read/g...ts-show/056151

Ray Davies, Nile Rodgers and Lindsey Buckingham will be among the guests on a new Sky Arts music show hosted by Malcolm Gerrie.

Talks Music will launch on the channel at 9pm on November 4 and run for 10 weeks, each week throwing the spotlight on a music legend. These will include in conversation Tony Bennett, whose insights will include the first time he met Frank Sinatra, Nile Rodgers whose talk turns to such subjects as Madonna, Debbie Harry and Chris Stein of Blondie, Boy George and Jeff Beck who talks about working with Jimmy Page.

As host Malcom Gerrie brings more than three decades of experience as one of the leading creators of music TV, having worked behind the scenes on such iconic shows as The Tube and The White Room as well as the Brit Awards for several years. He is also the series' executive producer.

He said: “When Sky Arts asked me if I’d like to host Talks Music, I jumped at the chance. Getting in front of a camera and talking music to some of my ultimate musical icons was both surreal and incredible. I’m proud that Talks Music will be part of a channel so committed to music and musicians.”

The programem is durected by Jeff Wurtz and co-produced by the Emmy-winning Synergistix Media, which makes the long-running TV series Inside the Actors Studio.
Old 11-01-2013, 08:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

so turns out Lindsey's will be the first one, airing November 11:

@simperman 29 Oct
Watching previews of @malcolmgerrie new series Music Talks on @SkyArts with Lindsey Buckingham & @nilerodgers and other big hitters. Joyous

@SkyArts 29 Oct
We're watching a preview of #TalksMusic and being totally blown away by Lindsey Buckingham. Music fans you're in for a treat.

@SkyArts 29 Oct
@gjrrox It starts on 11 November on Sky Arts 1 at 9pm.

@WhizzKidEnt 30 Oct
Coming soon to @SkyArts 'Talks Music'. @malcolmgerrie meets some of the worlds most iconic artists #appointmenttoview pic.twitter.com/hochglYSdz

https://twitter.com/WhizzKidEnt/stat...547776/photo/1

apparently Lindsey is playing the chain acoustically?!), big love and btlh.

UK and other people with access to sky arts - please watch, record, upload on youtube, and report back!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 11-01-2013, 08:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well, The Chain will be something to look forward to. Nice.

Michele
Old 11-06-2013, 01:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Here's more info about the show:

Sky Arts’ …Talks Music Show Debuts Monday

Intimate music strand brings “masterclass” treatment to Nile Rodgers, Ray Davies, Graham Nash and Jeff Beck. First up: Lindsey Buckingham

By Danny Eccleston November 6, 2013

Lindsey Buckingham Talks Music with Malcolm Gerrie.
A ROOM, TWO CHAIRS, a musician and instrument, an audience drawn from the ranks of earnest young musicians and producers, and a host with a ridiculous track record in music TV. Malcolm Gerrie, all-time music telly hall-of-famer having produced irreverent ’80s trailblazer The Tube, ’90s Britpop showcase The White Room and more, is the man asking the questions on Sky Arts 1 HD’s …Talks Music, TV’s latest attempt to dive deep into the minds of legendary musos.

Debuting at 9pm next Monday, November 11, subject/victim #1 is Fleetwood Mac maestro Lindsey Buckingham (pictured above), and MOJO’s preview “screener” promised a revealing programme where Buckingham’s still-febrile intensity comes through loud and clear.

Over an hour prog that fair skips by, Buckingham gets the axe out for The Chain, Big Love and other classics. Although, just like anyone who’s ever sat with an artist in an “intimate environment” while they wail on their thing, Gerrie’s not quite sure what to do with himself, and settles for grinning awkwardly while slapping his thigh in time. Something to look at for later episodes, perhaps.

http://www.mojo4music.com/8568/sky-a...debuts-monday/
Old 11-06-2013, 05:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Great interview, Lindsey was relaxed and open and honest with the audience.
He had his Taylor guitar and Stan on hand. He done Stephanie, The Chain, Big Love and Bleed to love her.
He also done a little demo of how dreams is put together on the guitar.

Focused on buckingham nicks, meeting the band, rumours and tusk.
Probably have seen it all before in one capacity or another but it was a good watch and a nice wee Q&A from the audience at the end.

DEFO worth a watch
Old 11-06-2013, 08:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madness Fades View Post
He had his Taylor guitar and Stan on hand. He done Stephanie, The Chain, Big Love and Bleed to love her.

Probably have seen it all before in one capacity or another but it was a good watch and a nice wee Q&A from the audience at the end.

DEFO worth a watch
wait wait, isn't today only Nov 6th? wasn't this suppose to air on Nov 11th?? what happened? did you have a chance to record, maybe?

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"

Last edited by elle; 11-06-2013 at 08:10 PM..
Old 11-07-2013, 02:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Yeah I recorded it. But I would have no idea how to get it from the sky box to YouTube.
Think it airs on the 9th but it is available 'on demand' from sky.
The acoustic version of the chain was really cool.
Old 11-07-2013, 10:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Yeah I recorded it. But I would have no idea how to get it from the sky box to YouTube.
Think it airs on the 9th but it is available 'on demand' from sky.
I'm in the wrong country and thus have no subscription but, as there doesn't seem to be an easy solution - that I know of - to rip from the Sky Box to a computer, as well as having it on your Sky Box, are you also able to watch it online yet here?
http://www.sky.com/tv/show/talks-music

If you can, there are ways to capture whatever is playing on the screen at the time. I myself use http://applian.com/replay-video-capture/ as part of a package that that company produces but I assume there are free programmes out there that will probably do the job. I just don't know what they are!

Show sounds good though. Thanks for the information.

"There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die"
Old 11-07-2013, 11:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

DEFO worth a watch
What did he say about BN? Any new info or just rehashing how they joined FM? Hints at the re-release?
Old 11-07-2013, 02:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
What did he say about BN? Any new info or just rehashing how they joined FM? Hints at the re-release?
Yeah he talked and out how he and Stevie were still trying to work on a release for that album. And he hoped it would be possible.
No information was given on any future plans of any description.
Old 11-07-2013, 05:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yeah he talked and out how he and Stevie were still trying to work on a release for that album. And he hoped it would be possible.
No information was given on any future plans of any description.
Ok - thanks!
Old 11-07-2013, 05:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up

Quote:
it is available 'on demand' from sky.
ah, very cool that you can already have access to it! jealous, i remember when these young artists who were there were first tweeting about going to this event!

yeah we have heard Stephanie, BTLH and BL acoustically in the past, but the only acoustic version of The Chain i've heard was that behind the scenes recording from CMT crossroads with LBT, which was pretty stunning, but there were other guitars in addition to his and a lot of harmonies in that version. his guitar solo on the acoustic was very intense!! really curious to hear this version.

the whole interview as you described it sounds cool enough, although i'm always sad when neither interviewer nor audience pays enough attention to his incredible solo catalog and all questions are regurgitated from the past... but what can you do.

either way, just for that acoustic version of the chain alone plus putting together guitar parts for dreams, seems would be well worth watching. hope that once it airs on the 11th, you or someone figures out how to put it on youtube, mediafire, or somewhere where we can access it, pretty pretty please!!

Old 11-07-2013, 05:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I took the hard drive out of my sky box and linked it to my pc. I installed the sky copy plus extract software but it didn't detect anything on the sky hard drive.
So I done all that I could for yous but had to give up after 2 hrs trying.
Old 11-07-2013, 05:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I took the hard drive out of my sky box and linked it to my pc. I installed the sky copy plus extract software but it didn't detect anything on the sky hard drive.
So I done all that I could for yous but had to give up after 2 hrs trying.
You might want to run this by Skip. He's a wiz at figuring out such things.
Old 11-07-2013, 09:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
either way, just for that acoustic version of the chain alone plus putting together guitar parts for dreams, seems would be well worth watching. hope that once it airs on the 11th, you or someone figures out how to put it on youtube, mediafire, or somewhere where we can access it, pretty pretty please!!
I can't wait to see this show. I love that he's playing The Chain , and would love to hear Stephanie again, as well. I'm also pleased to hear that he talked about his parts in Dreams. That's a good topic, how he approaches Stevie's or Chris's work, rather than the usual "what was it like making Rumours?". Watching Lindsey play GDW and Gypsy in concert is fascinating to me, so hearing him break down Dreams is something I'm really looking forward to.