User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-06-2014, 08:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default The Gay Thread

Well, let's face it, loads of us are gay. Anyone else want to discuss how awesome that is? Or, well... We can discuss anything you like, really.

Gay things that I've done today:

• My husband

• Watched HBO's Looking on Amazon Instant Video, which has turned out to be kinda awesome. Finally a show about gay guys who I actually like and find maybe a little relatable. I wanted Queer as Folk to be that show so badly when I was a teenager, but it just... yeah. And The New Normal, as likeable and funny as it was, was a bit Stepford-Gay for me. Looking is like a breath of fresh air in comparison.

• Recalled some humorous moments from the Golden Girls marathon I held last night.

Hm... ok... thinking about it, I seem to have basically just watched an enormous amount of TV this weekend. But it's cloudy out! Not my fault, right? The situation is completely out of my hands.
Old 07-06-2014, 09:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Well, I just got back from Gran Canaria on Friday, saw a load of drag shows, had sex with a lot of guys and drank enough cocktails to take down an elephant. Gayest holiday ever

As for today though... I have a date later on with a guy who's been chasing me for ages. Hopefully it's gonna go well!

Old 07-06-2014, 09:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

You've out-gayed me, Artemis! I'm thoroughly impressed and a little jealous. Hope you had fun.

Let us know how your date goes!

Odd though it may be, I'm not sure I've ever actually even been on a "proper date". I went from basically-just-goofing-off-with-friends-who-have-some-sex-with-me as a teenager and then met my now-husband when I was 20. And he lived halfway around the world from me so "dating" in the traditional sense just wasn't in the cards. I think I may have missed out! Although knowing me the entire dating process would've likely made me a nervous wreck, so maybe it was for the best.
Old 07-06-2014, 11:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I've always been told I'm more like a lesbian than a gay man. I tend to jump between "marriages" vs dating/hooking up. I don't like the bar scene... I prefer outdoorsy stuff like hiking & swimming. I am not fashionable... give me home improvement projects instead. I've restored a few classic cars. Own a motorcycle. Currently drive a Subaru.

Don't get me wrong, though. A Golden Girls marathon will completely hypnotize me. I love listening to vintage Madonna on road trips. And I guess that's about it.
Old 07-06-2014, 11:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
I've always been told I'm more like a lesbian than a gay man. I tend to jump between "marriages" vs dating/hooking up. I don't like the bar scene... I prefer outdoorsy stuff like hiking & swimming. I am not fashionable... give me home improvement projects instead. I've restored a few classic cars. Own a motorcycle. Currently drive a Subaru.
I get that a lot too, although I have the DIY skills of a 5 year old girl. My inclination to read/study and talk about things rather than go out partying gets me the "lesbian" label quite a bit.

I know it's wreckless stereotyping and we should all be ashamed of ourselves for being so simplistically minded, but... well... Stereotypes are fun, aren't they? Is it ok to admit that? I get a kick out of them. We're all much more complicated than that, obviously, but I laugh at the jokes.
Old 07-06-2014, 11:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I think I come off as more masculine than I'd like, so I make up for it by having as many stereotypically gay interests as possible. Well, stereotypically gay interests for a 75-year old, anyway.
Old 08-03-2014, 10:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Lightbulb When you get your GAY on...?

Ok. I am in entertainment. I've been around the block a few times...I started on Romper Room, left the whole LA thing...lets just say Hollywood, Beverly Hills, and white and whisky is as lethal as Michele Bachmann finding out her Tax exempt cruise was a gay clothing optional drag wear only 10 days extravaganza...oh, and all she packed was Marcus and a semi automatic assault weapon.

So I worked in Public Relations, supporting seniors, doing the talking head during soap operas to bring awareness to a worthy cause...advocating for disabled folks, seniors...anyone that needed me as a voice...for truth...and volume...and not afraid to face bureaucrats at any level and if warranted I would praise them or expose their dirty rotten schemes...I've had public bouts and when I knew I was right....in my heart and with God etc...anybody that would screw with the very precious people we must protect....was/is/always will be "screwed".

Just wanted to paint a dramatic but true picture of myself. I'm a liberal but, far from a wing nut.

My in laws, and my guy is/was Republican. They seem to sweat when I'm around...I am pro all life...a mother shouldn't die on her kids or husband and family if she is having a lethal pregnancy...also, I'm pro life to take care of those that are all ready alive and in great need. I'm using politics to lead to my punchline.

I dig all kinds of people...we all wear many designer coats....no one has the same couture coat designed only for themselves...

Bring on the rain...

Many of my family members are politicians. Imagine our bbq parties during summer.

So, My Harvard Lawyer Sister comes to me recently and smirks asking me about, "when do you get your gay on? Excuse me?

Then...

She says to me...I will bet you are a heavy set southern woman of color with really big boobs behind that nosejob....

She should have shut up when she hit 'nosejob'.

So I layed it out. I love Pipi Longstockings, Pollyanna, Steel Magnolias, Beaches, I have a lot of antiques, I love anything by the Bronte' Sisters, Wuthering Heights makes me swoon...Does your husband prefer deep cherrywood, mahogony....nevermind...if your table or armoire is even wood...it's painted powder blue and red. Ack.

And yes...black ladies saved my soul in LA....they were from the South, they worked in a Beverly Hills Bar and Grill I would bartend at between gigs...I had birthday parties, love, respect....most importantly, I realized I was color blind, sexuality blind, mannerisms blind...but, I target bigots and bitches...

So, if yall wanna keep yo ass on ur back...best get on...or I'm goin ovah you...mmm hmmm.

My last line I mean no disrespect...I talks like this with the "girls" all the time...they're working on the Kennedy thing accent...you know....Boston and all....

This was a recent attempt at a selfie. Yup I'm so white I'm practically blue...nice bed head though...Stevie should be so jealous. I hate it...I have a few more weeks of long hair for my part...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bedhead.jpg (50.0 KB, 20 views)
Old 08-03-2014, 11:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Tina is not your friend, sweetie.
Old 08-04-2014, 05:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think if Helen of Troy were around today there would be comments on her facebook page about how ugly she is! If it were Albert Einstein they'd be calling him an idiot. I figured out a long time ago I don't need to have a page on facebook to be a 'face' (in the old Mod sense of the word).

Meanwhile in the real world... pride day/weekend in Vancouver seems to have been more positive and fun than ever!
Old 08-04-2014, 06:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Lightbulb

I think you are all so special.

Yes, no one would even know who Helen was/is...if she came marching down main street.

I post on here sometimes because I have 2 friends I know in person.

There is sometimes a lack of dignity, respect and social graces....

Hell, it's not my wine and cheese spread....

I hear you about facebook. Too much. Someone usually takes care of keeping up with stuff on my page. The same lady takes care of my best friend's too. We're in a new show destined to burn during the Winter sweeps as production missed pilot season.

My part is not a stretch...I'm off beat. Kind. Polite, Daring, Funny, Sarcastic....and in Love...
Kind of a miracle show,,,,

I'll let everyone know the details.
I'll bet you're all gushing with anticipation....

I can play coy...

ala,,,sneak previews and hints from 24 karat gold Vault.

no one takes a step in vain.

If life is trudging uphill facing a bitter wind...

Leave the ceo title....

and get a job at the pink roller skating ice cream shop,,,,downwind, down hill, across the street from your house....

and let Wednesday be free coffee and a cone for a senior citizen that left us with all we have been blessed with,

Catch ya,
Old 08-08-2014, 02:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Wow. A few of these posts above me are about as coherent as the lyrics to Mabel Normand.

Is Stevie time travel posting here from 1985 as a practical joke?

She would probably make more sense.

All animals are equal. But some animals are more equal than others.
Old 08-09-2014, 07:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by markolas View Post
Tina is not your friend, sweetie.
readt lol

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 08-11-2014, 09:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaidSomething View Post
I love anything by the Bronte' Sisters, Wuthering Heights makes me swoon...
Slightly off topic, but I live in the town where the Bronte family lived. Their house (now a museum) is just up the road from us. You have to take a preserved steam train to get up there.
Old 08-12-2014, 08:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWILDheart View Post
Slightly off topic, but I live in the town where the Bronte family lived. Their house (now a museum) is just up the road from us. You have to take a preserved steam train to get up there.
I'm envious. My ancestors on my mother's side are from that area. I wish I could see it in person some day but am terrified or flying (cue Erica Jong jokes here). Oh well, I can always watch old Emmerdale videos or summat.
Old 08-13-2014, 04:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by becca View Post
I'm envious. My ancestors on my mother's side are from that area. I wish I could see it in person some day but am terrified or flying (cue Erica Jong jokes here). Oh well, I can always watch old Emmerdale videos or summat.
Ah, well Emmerdale used to be filmed in a place called Esholt, which is part of the village I grew up in. It's not really anything like Haworth where the Bronte's are from and where I live now. Haworth is very high up in the hills and beyond the village is mostly moorland and woodland. Esholt is in a valley and is mostly farm land.

Since the mid-90's, it's been filmed on a purpose built set on the Harewood House estate in Leeds.

It's amazing to see that your anncestory is still a part of you. If you ever get the chance, you should visit. There's some beautiful places to see around here. If Christine McVie and (perhaps even more so) Agnetha Faltskog from ABBA can get over that fear, then I'm sure you can too