User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-08-2009, 05:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Roll Call for New Hampshire

I'll be going FRONT ROW CENTER baby!! Anybody else going???
Old 06-08-2009, 08:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'll be going =)
2nd row

~Love, Caitlin~
Old 06-08-2009, 10:35 PM
Senior Ledgie

count me in...sec 109 stevie's side.
Old 06-08-2009, 10:37 PM
Senior Ledgie

How did you guys score such sweet seats? Were you keeping an eye out for a ticket drop?
Old 06-08-2009, 10:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_nh View Post
How did you guys score such sweet seats? Were you keeping an eye out for a ticket drop?
Yeah, I was and I PM'd you too. There is still one second row on TM go get it!
Old 06-08-2009, 11:58 PM
Senior Ledgie

I'll be there....front and center!!

I've also got an extra ticket in Sec 2 Row BB. PM me if you're interested!!

~Kim
Old 06-10-2009, 10:51 AM
Ledgie

I'll be there, front row on Stevie's side! It's the first time I've ever had front row so I am SO excited!

~Maria
Old 06-10-2009, 12:51 PM
Senior Ledgie

Thanks to Songbird4 (Kim), I will be there
Old 06-10-2009, 03:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm suprised they are even playing New Hampster. I wonder if they have ever played there before? Or has Stevie?
Old 06-10-2009, 05:31 PM
Senior Ledgie

Stevie was suppose to play in concord back in 1991 but the show was canceled because
they said stevie was ''sick'' and unable to perform. I saw her at great woods the night before and she was awsome. I forget where in concord..i think it was some baseball field
if i'm not mistaken.
Old 06-11-2009, 01:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[Same interview, but there might be 2 quotes we haven't read before]

Foster's Daily Democrat, June 11, 2009
http://www.fosters.com/apps/pbcs.dll...NTERTAINMENT01

Fleetwood Mac to unleash the magic again

By Ryan Alan, Contributing Writer

Mick Fleetwood believes his band is a "glorious accident" that probably was meant to happen "because it's going on for so long."

Decades down the road, the multiplatinum, multi-Grammy winners just keep going.

The long running Anglo-American Rock 'n Roll Hall of Famers are back together and on the road again for the first time in five years, under way with their "Greatest Hits Unleashed" North America tour. It stops at the Verizon Center, Manchester, at 8 p.m. June 16, and Mohegan Sun, Uncasville, Conn., June 17.

"There's these very odd couplings of people, but when they join together there's a chemistry that's immediate. You turn around and go, 'That's what this is about,' " explains the amiable Briton, one of the founders of Fleetwood Mac.

Fleetwood said he feels confident that the band is going to surprise the audience in some ways.

"I think people are really going to have just a hell of a lot of fun. All the energy is about that for us: choosing all the lovely songs that we know for sure people really know. And we've had fun really resculpting certain segments of the show which will remain secret until you see us," he explained.

This is the first time that they don't have a new album per se to promote, a fact, say members, that allows them more freedom to just focus on delivering the well established goods in concert.

(There is, however, the iconographic "Rumors" CD — certified diamond, signifying sales of over 10 million copies — timed for re-release as part of a special CD/DVD boxed set on Reprise Records in conjunction with the tour dates. The set includes several songs from "Rumors" in their original demo form, along with unreleased tracks recorded during that time period and never-before-seen DVD footage of the band from the "Rumors" era.)

"I actually feel quite excited to be able to go out and just relax into playing a body of work you know," said guitarist Lindsey Buckingham.

Even when they take significant periods of time apart, they never think of themselves as a band that has broken up, Buckingham insists. "We always feel that there's a time to be together and a time to be apart," he said. "And because of that and because hopefully as individuals we continue to evolve and to gain insight and to gain appreciation, not only for the road we've been down but for each other (too), the (Fleetwood Mac) songs can take on a bit of a new life every time you revisit them."

Collectively, he reminds, they have a body of work that they have been fortunate enough to become part of the fabric of music culture. "And we all try to do our best to sort of hold certain lines and to move forward with our sense of ourselves, and our own sense of the band. And so you know that is part of what we do — just go out and recreate those same songs," he explained.

The challenge of being on the road again is in trying to keep things fresh night after night, he acknowledged.

Buckingham: "But you know that's part of being a professional and it's also a part of being in a band where you've been together a long time and you can keep finding new things and new contexts for those songs to mean something to you personally and to share."

Fleetwood agrees.

"You know we don't do this very often. We do it when it feels right," he said. "And this feels really right to be doing this now."

It really is a blessing in many ways, said vocalist Stevie Nicks. "We all feel really blessed to be in each other's company and we're getting along great and it's fun. Everybody seems to be genuinely having a good time," she assures.

Nicks is philosophical about the question of keeping things fresh.

"It stays fresh because we never stop playing. Basically what we are entertainers," she suggested. "If this band never made it big, we would still be playing all the clubs because we are entertainers. So when we go on stage we're performers. We're performance artists, that's what we do. So it isn't a question of keeping it fresh because it's what we love."

Buckingham said it is always reassuring to him whenever he hears an artist who is doing something on his or her own terms. "Because I think that's the only way you survive over the long term," he reasoned.

When he looks back, he said he realizes that his band's ability to survive change has been somewhat of a miracle. "It's a wonderfully interesting story," he believes. "It's still about individuals experiencing and giving their individual thing without being totally swallowed up by Fleetwood Mac," he said. "It's always about pushing forward and changing and keeping it fresh."

The artist likes the idea of perhaps being a band of destiny.

"You tend to just sort of see the irony in the songs and you tend to see maybe the heroism a little bit that we possessed," he said. "We saw that we had this destiny and we saw that we had to rise above the personal difficulties. And we saw that the music could actually have redemptive power for us and could be a symbol of that for other people."
Old 06-11-2009, 08:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hs421139 View Post
Thanks to Songbird4 (Kim), I will be there
good to see your going Tina glad to see your going to the show have a blast with kim and everyone.
Old 06-12-2009, 04:21 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StandbackStevie View Post
good to see your going Tina glad to see your going to the show have a blast with kim and everyone.
Thanks Steve, wish you could be there with us
Old 06-15-2009, 09:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Tomorrow's the big day!! Anyone else going?

~Love, Caitlin~
Old 06-15-2009, 09:51 AM
Senior Ledgie

Verizon wireless arena only holds around 10,000 so it will be intresting to see if it's gonna be
a sell out or close to because you have fans in northen new hampshire,vermont, and maine
that can't travel 4hrs to boston to go see a show.