The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-27-2009, 04:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Christine left the band 11 years ago. Get over it.

Old 06-27-2009, 04:29 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Christine is a vital part of Fleetwood Mac, in my opinion. The band doesnt NEED her, they are obviously doing just fine without her. They are still selling concert tickets galore, and people generally still want to see them.

My only problem with them is that after Say You Will (over 6 years ago now folks) we still don't have any new recordings. I would much rather them at least RECORD with Christine and then go out and tour. We all know they aren't going to put much new material into the set list. They've got a wealth of material to pick from. 20-23 songs per night isn't much compared to what they have to offer.

But, this is just my hope for the band and it's high. I don't think Christine will rejoin them now in any capacity. That being said, I'm ultimately glad to see them continue and do what they do. But the touring is going to get a bit stale for folks like me who would prefer some new material.
Old 06-27-2009, 05:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
So often, it's looking at Lindsey and Stevie that makes me think of her most. I heard Lindsey doing The Chain with Little Big Town and I thought, "oh, there's the Christine harmony I've been missing since 1997." I'd almost forgotten what it was like.

Michele

Last edited by michelej1; 06-27-2009 at 06:43 PM..
Old 06-27-2009, 06:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'm over it, in as much as, like Christine, I've moved on from Fleetwood Mac. I'll still go back and drag out the old records every so often, but I just can't get into the band anymore. I knew I was done when I realized that going to the shows now would be less about being excited to see this band and more out of a sense of obligation, and that's not why I go to concerts. To be fair, I gave this particular incarnation a shot, and actually saw three shows (the bookends and one date in between) on the SYW tour. Ultimately, it's just not fun for me anymore.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 06-27-2009, 08:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Charmingly put, I am sure, but some of us are unable to 'get over it' as hearing every version of every song on which she performed bvacking v - but leaving me - is quite disconcerting.
Old 06-28-2009, 03:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
First of all, I'm a big Christine McVie fan, I adore the complete Rumours lineup, and i really, really, reeeally miss her in the last album and tours.

But, thinking the other day, what is good about not having her in this (and the SYW) tour? if there is something good... Well, The only thing that came to my mind is that Stevie and Lindsey have more time to include more songs. So, maybe if Christine still were in Fleetwood Mac, we would never have seen Storms (or Beautiful Child) on the show. Or they wouldn't have included Monday Morning or I know I'm not wrong..

of course I'd choose to have Christine in the band and see again Songbird live, or Everywhere, As long as you follow or Isn't it midnight. But as Mick said in his book, during the Tusk recording the songwriters were very prolific so they released a double album. I guess it's hard for managers and members to play 4 hours each show.
yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...... NO..
Old 06-28-2009, 03:58 AM

Quote:
yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.... NO
Old 06-28-2009, 04:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I do understand that Fleetwood Mac doesn't feel whole without Christine. Four out of five just isn't even close to the same, and there have definitely been big repercussions for the band.

HOWEVER, I am THRILLED that Stevie, Lindsey, Mick and John decided to continue without her. In retrospect, it's surprising. Not only have we gotten more tours, but also new material (albeit not as much as we'd all like).

So yes, we may not have Christine. Yes, it may suck. But I still find it incredible that Fleetwood Mac wasn't over forever after The Dance.
Old 06-28-2009, 05:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
I'm over it, in as much as, like Christine, I've moved on from Fleetwood Mac. I'll still go back and drag out the old records every so often, but I just can't get into the band anymore. I knew I was done when I realized that going to the shows now would be less about being excited to see this band and more out of a sense of obligation, and that's not why I go to concerts. To be fair, I gave this particular incarnation a shot, and actually saw three shows (the bookends and one date in between) on the SYW tour. Ultimately, it's just not fun for me anymore.
I know that steve, but you keep on picking on this incarnation of the band and their attitude for 11 years. That's a tad pathetic too.

And be fair: the only good thing of not having Christine in FM these days is that the risk of them playing Little Lies in concert is ziltch.

Oh, and I miss her too every now and then. Honestly.

Old 06-28-2009, 06:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Personally as I've said before I don't really miss Christine. The reason I think the band feels like it is lacking is because they didn't replace her. Over the 42 year history the band has always expanded and contracted, and after SYW, it was probably time to bring in a new person. I don't mean Sheryl Crow because that probably would have been a disaster. It would have been nice for them to have discovered a new female voice and brought them into the band.

After Peter left they brought in Christine, after Jeremy left they brought in Bob Welch, after Lindsey left they brought in Rick & Billy and so on. Why they chose not to do that after SYW I don't know.

Christine is history and though many of you love her, she is now in the past. Sadly the band hasn't moved forwards, they have turned into that retro act that the "Time" era band was accused of being.
Old 06-28-2009, 12:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HejiraNYC View Post
I think it would be awesome if Fleetwood Mac could do a residency at O2 Arena in London. This way Christine doesn't have to travel at all! I'm sure they could sell at least 10 shows there with Christine on the bill. Trust me... I'll be on that first flight to London...
That's actually a nice idea. Maybe it could even work.
Old 07-03-2009, 11:54 PM
Senior Ledgie

I think one advantage of not having Christine on tour now is that the band could finally play "I Don't Want to Know" on stage. It would be interesting to see how it would sound now that Stevie's and Lindsey's voices have changed so much, but I believe they could still pull it off.