Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-07-2008, 09:52 PM
Junior Ledgie

Default Gift Of Screws Preview

I just noticed that Amazon now has samples of the tracks from Gift of Screws available for preview. Going to go listen now.....
Old 09-08-2008, 06:09 AM
Senior Ledgie

This album is gonna be great, the only two songs I'm not really looking forward to are Time Precious Time and Treason.

TPT has surely got to be one of his worst songs ever, the guitar work is amazing, but that's the problem, he seems to have spent way too much effort on the guitar part, hence the entire vocal seems tacky, almost like a badly forced jigsaw puzzle, trying to force them over the guitar line (that said, that vocal melody would make anything sound bad). I think that TPT would have worked as a nice 60 to 90 second instrumental kinda like in the stylings of the stuff on OOTC.

I haven't heard much from Treason, but the clip doesn't really get me excited, not in the way the Bel Air Rain, Great Day, and Underground clips do. As for everything else, well, we all know just how good they are already.

CAN'T F***ING WAIT
Old 09-08-2008, 09:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Lord, I never thought I'd be so excited about a Lindsey album, but I'm downright giddy for this one!!! Between these clips, and the ones I heard on Youtube recently, this might just be Lindsey's best album to date. It sounds like it's got everything... it's very progressive and fresh sounding... yet familiar. It's got harder rocking songs, ballads, pop songs, and experimentations. Bel Air Rain has to be one of the coolest Lindsey penned songs I've ever heard. If ever given the proper legs to get out there and be heard, this could just be Lindsey's one chance in his career to have a break out album. My guess is this album will in the very least receive lavish critical acclaim. Anyone else hear grammy nominations in the future??
Old 09-08-2008, 11:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

So, I haven't heard Bel Air Rain yet. I got to hear Love Runs Deeper and Great Day and I'm glad I have something else that's considered good to look forward to. The title Bel Air Rain sounds so wistful to me. The title transports. I hope the song does.

Michele
Old 09-08-2008, 01:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
My guess is this album will in the very least receive lavish critical acclaim.
Not likely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
Anyone else hear grammy nominations in the future??
No.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 09-08-2008, 01:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh, I think that album will receive lavish critical acclaim. Lindsey is never lacking for that. I agree with Truefaith though that there won't be any Grammy nominations.

Michele
Old 09-08-2008, 01:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Oh, I think that album will receive lavish critical acclaim.
Michele
I guess "lavish" is maybe a big word. I mean. It won't get bob dylan reviews. It will get worse reviews than Under the Skin got.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.

Last edited by TrueFaith77; 09-08-2008 at 01:48 PM..
Old 09-08-2008, 01:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't care what reviews it gets now unless they are so bad that it stops him releasing stuff ever again.

Why should it get worse reviews that UTS? So far, from what I've heard, it's shaping up to be a better album. Actually... music critics being the way that they are I'd not be suprised if they dug the artsy thing on UTS and gave it better reviews for that reason. I know I've seen it done for other (mostly Indie) albums.
Old 09-08-2008, 02:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
I guess "lavish" is maybe a big word. I mean. It won't get bob dylan reviews. It will get worse reviews than Under the Skin got.
OTTC got excellent reviews and I would expect this album to do the same. More OTTC than UTS.

Michele
Old 09-08-2008, 03:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Ok im not gunna lie, I have listened to Underground many many times on the amazon website. Im loving it so far!!
Old 09-08-2008, 03:33 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.W-Suite View Post
This album is gonna be great, the only two songs I'm not really looking forward to are Time Precious Time and Treason.

TPT has surely got to be one of his worst songs ever, the guitar work is amazing, but that's the problem, he seems to have spent way too much effort on the guitar part, hence the entire vocal seems tacky, almost like a badly forced jigsaw puzzle, trying to force them over the guitar line (that said, that vocal melody would make anything sound bad). I think that TPT would have worked as a nice 60 to 90 second instrumental kinda like in the stylings of the stuff on OOTC.

I haven't heard much from Treason, but the clip doesn't really get me excited, not in the way the Bel Air Rain, Great Day, and Underground clips do. As for everything else, well, we all know just how good they are already.

CAN'T F***ING WAIT
Oddly enough...I am not digging hardly ANY of the record. I like "Did You Miss Me" and that's about it. Strange. Maybe the album will grow on me..?
Old 09-08-2008, 03:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The Album is brilliant, I love it. full stop.....
No wait

Actually what the hell is "Time precious Time" all about. It dosent from what I have heard, sound like it fits on that album. It certainly dosent rock.

9 other great songs more than making up for one still leaves it a great album in my eyes. Although I'm very biased from the outset. Cant wait to hear the whole album in its entireity
Old 09-08-2008, 03:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

haha! It's weird all the TPT hate. I personally love it. It sort of makes you sit up after Great Day, it's so striking and almost abrasive. But it wouldn't be a Lindsey album without at least one song dividing opinion.
Old 09-08-2008, 03:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackaghost View Post
But it wouldn't be a Lindsey album without at least one song dividing opinion.
You might as well have just got on a plane to Ireland, arrived at my house and stuck your hands in my mouth and pulled out that last sentence. Cos thats exactly what I was going to say.
Old 09-08-2008, 03:57 PM

I've heard the track on the websight, Did you Miss me. I liked it... It has a pretty melody and the vocals are in good taste!!!