Sara
Hold Me
Love in Store
Tango in the Night
Isn't it Midnight
Old 02-20-2021, 01:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

At a minimum with Lindsey back on guitar and vocals: Isn't It Midnight and Little Lies.

Sara would have been earth shattering since it had not been done for such a long time.

Think About Me would have been a good Tusk song. An acoustic set of Landslide and Save Me a Place.

Dig even deeper for Sugar Daddy instead of Over My Head.

For the love of God NO STAND BACK and no Not That Funny (unless Christine wants to bring out her **bench** aka upright piano again)

I will be flamed for saying they should have dropped Farmers Daughter for an equally great trio harmonization of Love In Store

However, no matter what. Oh Daddy stays in the set. As Stevie said, as magic as it ever got on the stage that tour, was this song.

Isn't It Midnight has been performed on 3 Fleetwood Mac world tours yet NEVER with Lindsey Buckingham. This is sacrilegious and impossible to believe. We should sue for damages.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 02-20-2021 at 02:20 PM..
Old 02-20-2021, 02:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Think About Me should be played on every tour, every day. Even after they're dead. Holograms can play it. Same with Hold Me.

Farmer's Daughter never blew my skirt up, either. It's okay...

I'd KILL for Daddy. SUGAR DADDY. I LOVE that f*cking song. I've been working on the piano parts for it the past week(for whatever reason I dug out the White album, and began playing along). It's actually got a weird chord progression in places. "All that I want, is someone to take care of me" is A, E, Bm F#m which is pretty weird.
Old 02-20-2021, 02:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I've always thought Twisted would have been PERFECT for The Dance- with the same intensity as the soundtrack version it could have been THE highlight of the concert.

Sara would also have been stunning. And yes Love in Store!

And TANGO IN THE NIGHT, when Lindsey's voice could have still handled the TANGOOOOOOOO
Old 02-20-2021, 02:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Think About Me should be played on every tour, every day. Even after they're dead. Holograms can play it. Same with Hold Me.

Farmer's Daughter never blew my skirt up, either. It's okay...

I'd KILL for Daddy. SUGAR DADDY. I LOVE that f*cking song. I've been working on the piano parts for it the past week(for whatever reason I dug out the White album, and began playing along). It's actually got a weird chord progression in places. "All that I want, is someone to take care of me" is A, E, Bm F#m which is pretty weird.
Sugar Daddy is probably the only song on the White album that could have been on Heroes or any early Mac album because it sounds like those early bluesy Mac albums. And the incredible part is Lindsey's guitar solo and touches he masks himself of that era quite nicely yet it has the refreshment of Lindsey's picking. So maybe only the guitar solo would stand out yet its the icing on the cake for the song.

If I ever won a 500 million Powerball lottery, I will pay Christine a cool 10 million for a concert and this will definitely be in the set. Better yet, I will have her personally dedicate Oh Daddy to you (the guy who could not reach to give her flowers during BuckVie).
Old 02-20-2021, 02:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Sugar Daddy is probably the only song on the White album that could have been on Heroes or any early Mac album because it sounds like those early bluesy Mac albums. And the incredible part is Lindsey's guitar solo and touches he masks himself of that era quite nicely yet it has the refreshment of Lindsey's picking. So maybe only the guitar solo would stand out yet its the icing on the cake for the song.

If I ever won a 500 million Powerball lottery, I will pay Christine a cool 10 million for a concert and this will definitely be in the set. Better yet, I will have her personally dedicate Oh Daddy to you (the guy who could not reach to give her flowers during BuckVie).
It's such a great song. It's so weird that they never embraced it. It's funky!

Oh Daddy just for me? Well, even during a Christine show, I'd have to take a beer pee break some time!

When you win the lottery, I hope you invite me to the show.

And my roses for Christine, I was SO CLOSE to touching her toes. The stage in Nashville was so high, at least 5 feet. Armpit level for me. I was pushing them as far as I could! Like many aspects of my life, I came up a couple of inches short!
Old 02-20-2021, 02:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevierocks87 View Post
I've always thought Twisted would have been PERFECT for The Dance- with the same intensity as the soundtrack version it could have been THE highlight of the concert.
Christine would've burnt it up too. Her voice on this would've been glorious. Stevie sang this as a duet during her 1996 show. Was it with Al? Carlos?

For The Dance: I say Not That Funny, Ricky, Seven Wonders, and I Know I'm Not Wrong, and When I See You Again to close the show.
Old 02-20-2021, 03:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
Sara
Hold Me
Love in Store
Tango in the Night
Isn't it Midnight
I get the feeling Lindsey doesn’t care for Isn’t It Midnight, since FM never performed it when Lindsey was touring with them. Buck/Vie also didn’t perform it.

The Dance, being a reunion of the Rumours lineup, was pretty spot on with the setlist. If they had skipped the 4 new songs, they could have added Sara, Little Lies, and Second Hand News or Eyes of the World. And if they had skipped Stand Back and Go Insane, they could have added 2 more classic FM songs, or better yet, 2 more deep cuts, like Tango in the Night or That’s Alright.

I love the Farmer’s Daughter because of the the way they performed it.
Old 02-20-2021, 05:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
I get the feeling Lindsey doesn’t care for Isn’t It Midnight, since FM never performed it when Lindsey was touring with them. Buck/Vie also didn’t perform it.

The Dance, being a reunion of the Rumours lineup, was pretty spot on with the setlist. If they had skipped the 4 new songs, they could have added Sara, Little Lies, and Second Hand News or Eyes of the World. And if they had skipped Stand Back and Go Insane, they could have added 2 more classic FM songs, or better yet, 2 more deep cuts, like Tango in the Night or That’s Alright.

I love the Farmer’s Daughter because of the the way they performed it.
Or if they just dropped Not That Funny, they could have added 5 more songs
Old 02-20-2021, 05:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Lightbulb

Quote:
At a minimum with Lindsey back on guitar and vocals: Isn't It Midnight and Little Lies.

Sara would have been earth shattering since it had not been done for such a long time.

Think About Me would have been a good Tusk song. An acoustic set of Landslide and Save Me a Place.

Dig even deeper for Sugar Daddy instead of Over My Head.

For the love of God NO STAND BACK and no Not That Funny (unless Christine wants to bring out her **bench** aka upright piano again)

I will be flamed for saying they should have dropped Farmers Daughter for an equally great trio harmonization of Love In Store

However, no matter what. Oh Daddy stays in the set. As Stevie said, as magic as it ever got on the stage that tour, was this song.

Isn't It Midnight has been performed on 3 Fleetwood Mac world tours yet NEVER with Lindsey Buckingham. This is sacrilegious and impossible to believe. We should sue for damages.

I love live Sara. I love the rawness of the live versions from 1979-1982. Since The Dance was very cleaned up and polished sounding, I would have loved to hear what Sara could have sounded like. Also Hold Me. While Sara is one of those songs that sounds equally amazing on the album and live, Hold Me live in 1982 just did not measure up to the album version. I would have loved to hear a very polished/fine tuned live Hold Me on the Dance. (Hopefully they would have sang Hold Me..Hold meeeEEEE instead of Hold Me..Hold Me yeahhh. I hated the yeahhh in the 1982 live version.)
Old 02-21-2021, 06:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

This thread made me so nostalgic for The Dance.

Really hope a deluxe version hits, with the full DVD set list and audio from the tour.

FWIW, I’d have loved to have heard Little Lies on that tour.
Old 02-21-2021, 07:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulpian View Post
This thread made me so nostalgic for The Dance.

Really hope a deluxe version hits, with the full DVD set list and audio from the tour.

FWIW, I’d have loved to have heard Little Lies on that tour.
I was in shock the Mac did not play Little Lies in 1997 with Lindsey. It was their biggest hit off Tango and uses Lindsey's vocals. I suppose they wanted a song to get Chris out from behind the keyboards and went with Everywhere.

We had to wait another 17 years to hear Little Lies with Lindsey

They had so much material that I wish they would have scrapped, Stand Back, Go Insane, NTF, and Farmers Daughter for more Mac classics
Old 02-21-2021, 11:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

They had so much material that I wish they would have scrapped, Stand Back, Go Insane, NTF, and Farmers Daughter for more Mac classics
Big Love SOLO. Drop it like a hot POS. Better yet, do it with the band!

But a beer drinker does need a pee break, and Big Love was my pee song for the last two tours I saw. So I guess they could replace it with Silver Girl.