User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-08-2021, 01:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Much like Fleetwood Mac wasn’t inducted until 1998, five years after they were eligible.
IMO Nicks was inducted more for her personae than her body of work as a solo artist . After Bella Donna it is just not all that impressive.

Last edited by BombaySapphire3; 02-08-2021 at 01:32 PM..
Old 02-08-2021, 01:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Much like Fleetwood Mac wasn’t inducted until 1998, five years after they were eligible.
Interesting that Eagles were inducted in the first year of eligibility. But Mac wasn't. Two Azoff affiliates.

Also, 12 years is a long while after your first year of eligibility considering how necessary Stevie, Harry, and Janet said it was to have a woman inducted twice.

Good thing Stevoe showed face at the 05 and 14 Inductions!
Old 02-08-2021, 01:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
IMO Nicks was inducted more for her personae than her body of work as a solo artist . After Bella Donna it is just not all that impressive.
Yes, induction had a heavy feature on Fritz, BN, and Fleetwood Mac too rather than her solo songs which had me question why she was chosen over Tina or Diana. White Privilege
Old 02-09-2021, 06:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
By the way, nothing personal, but I’m so glad you didn’t manage Fleetwood Mac all these years, with your revolving-door aesthetic and swap-out approach (as if the group’s exquisite chemistry were nothing but a potluck meal).
Reply #2

Chemistry? What band have you been watching for the last 40 years? You’re talking about something that hasn’t been relevant to them since Azoff came into the picture in late 1980. It’s been more nostalgia and mythology than reality for last few decades. It’s nothing but verisimilitude. Me putting this person in for that person wouldn’t lead to an album more full of random and completely unrelated songs as we got with Tango In The Night, Behind the Mask, Time, or Say You Will.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 02-16-2021, 03:05 PM
Senior Ledgie

Man, catching up on this thread has been a trip. First, no one has really disputed that Lindsey was the draw for BN to be hired by FM. His being the initial draw doesn't diminish the obvious star power of SN or her significant contributions to their success. Without her, I don't think the band is a viable stadium act. She knows that, we know that, the band knows that.

So if Stevie isn't in, I don't think you get Mike Campbell or even Neil Finn devoting time to FM touring. MC is connected to Stevie, and he's not going to tour without her. Neil has his own legendary band, and trying a big tour with FM on a lark once is fun, but grinding out a less luxe and less well paid without her is probably not that big a draw. He could play those same venues (or close) with Crowded House.

I would be very surprised to see some Stevie-less version of the band make a serious go of anything. They're all motivated to do the Rumours 5 arena tours because it's huge audiences and huge money. Once you are looking at less money and smaller audiences, I doubt they will be motivated in the same way.

Lindsey could just do his own solo stuff and keep making albums at home, and Chris and John could just enjoy retirement and maybe do some guest spots on Lindsey's solo stuff. Mick is the hard one to predict. He may always be trying to wrangle the others into a Rumours 5 reunion payday, and if Stevie ever says yes, I think it's very possible they will reunite for another farewell tour.
Old 02-16-2021, 09:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by anusha View Post

Lindsey could just do his own solo stuff and keep making albums at home, and Chris and John could just enjoy retirement and maybe do some guest spots on Lindsey's solo stuff. Mick is the hard one to predict. He may always be trying to wrangle the others into a Rumours 5 reunion payday, and if Stevie ever says yes, I think it's very possible they will reunite for another farewell tour.
There won't be another huge tour with the Rumours five. It would be at least 2 years before it could happen .Some of them are already too elderly. These people are not immortal. That gravy train has made it's last round.