Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-23-2017, 06:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
"I think the earliest anyone expected to be back on the road with Fleetwood Mac might've been Spring of 2018. And now that's not actually being pushed back by Stevie (Nicks). My understanding is that she's all ready...and now, you know, because I've got this solo album, I'm the one who's holding it up. But, you know, that's typical for us. There's a lot of moving parts, so you know you gotta wait for everyone to be ready."
Even though it's an old quote, and I'm not so sure it's still accurate... new album!
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 10-23-2017, 06:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I see this as part of the efforts on the part of their management to get their names back in the news with something fresh going on as it's been awhile. It's part of what will be the build up in publicity ahead of the next tour. These awards don't just randomly come out of nowhere; phone calls are made, etc.
Old 11-10-2017, 03:06 PM

Lorde, Harry Styles, John Legend & More to Perform at MusiCares Tribute to Fleetwood Mac

An all-star lineup of performers has been announced to perform at the 2018 MusiCares Person of the Year ceremony.

Fleetwood Mac is being honored with this year's award, making them the first band to receive MusiCares' prestigious Person of the Year award. The ceremony will features performances from a flurry of artists from different parts of the music world. Lorde, Harry Styles, John Legend, Haim, OneRepublic, and Keith Urban will all perform at the ceremony, before Fleetwood Mac closes it out themselves.

In a statement released today (Nov. 10), MusiCares said Fleetwood Mac will "be celebrated for their extraordinary creative accomplishments and significant charitable work."

Proceeds from the annual Person of the Year tribute -- now in its 28th year -- provide essential support for MusiCares, which ensures all music people have a place to turn in times of financial, medical, and personal need. Past MusiCares Person of the Year honorees include Tony Bennett, Bono, Natalie Cole, Gloria Estefan, Aretha Franklin, Elton John, Carole King, Lionel Richie, Barbra Streisand, and Stevie Wonder.

The 2018 MusiCares Person of the Year Tribute will take place on Friday, January 26th at Radio City Music Hall.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/ne...e-harry-styles
Old 01-01-2018, 02:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Is anyone actually going? Expensive but I suppose this is likely a once in a lifetime sort of thing?
Old 01-01-2018, 02:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

meanwhile, from TM event info, Miley, LBT, Alison Krauss and Juanes have been added to the lineup (still no rockers):

Lineup
MusiCares
HAIM
John Legend
Lorde
Harry Styles
Keith Urban
Juanes
Miley Cyrus
Alison Krauss
Little Big Town
Fleetwood Mac

https://www1.ticketmaster.com/2018-m...184F#efeat4212

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 01-02-2018, 12:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tothegypsy View Post
Is anyone actually going? Expensive but I suppose this is likely a once in a lifetime sort of thing?
I wish. There are still tickets available in the $500 - $700 range. It's an opportunity to see them in a much smaller setting than usual.
Old 01-02-2018, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
I wish. There are still tickets available in the $500 - $700 range. It's an opportunity to see them in a much smaller setting than usual.
Interesting, but too expensive to hear what we know will be the norm.
Old 01-02-2018, 05:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
tons of $356 tix available too (which is so far the cheapest for that event).

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 01-03-2018, 11:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
tons of $356 tix available too (which is so far the cheapest for that event).
Ooo. I didn't even see those. Where did you find them?
Old 01-03-2018, 11:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Oh they're not going to go rogue with their set list for this type of event. I can't think of the last time they played a smaller venue like this though.
Old 01-03-2018, 12:04 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Oh they're not going to go rogue with their set list for this type of event. I can't think of the last time they played a smaller venue like this though.
Very true, that's the interesting part that appeals to me.

Getting to see BuckVie in small venues was unreal. I hadn't been that close to Christine since 1984. Lindsey since 1992.

I had row 3 Dead Center at Blossom in Cleveland for Stevie in 1994. That's a bit bigger. But, the seated section seats about 5500. The rest is lawn. It felt small and I was goo goo eyed.

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 01-03-2018 at 01:56 PM..
Old 01-03-2018, 01:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Quote:

I was under the impression they'd probably only be playing a few songs with most of the evening taken up by the likes of Little Big Town fawning over our band and playing covers. For those prices, would you really want to see that line up butchering Fleetwood Mac songs? Bar a few pleasant surprises a full play through of that 'Just Tell Me That You Want Me' album is quite painful. I fear this might feel the same.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 01-03-2018, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
I was under the impression they'd probably only be playing a few songs with most of the evening taken up by the likes of Little Big Town fawning over our band and playing covers. For those prices, would you really want to see that line up butchering Fleetwood Mac songs? Bar a few pleasant surprises a full play through of that 'Just Tell Me That You Want Me' album is quite painful. I fear this might feel the same.
Imagine if they played: Tell Me All The Things You Do.
Old 01-03-2018, 03:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Imagine if they played: Tell Me All The Things You Do.
Well I for one would love for FM or one of the guest acts to play TMATTYD.
Do you mean- imagine if one of the guest acts played Tell Me All the Things You Do... for charity????

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 01-10-2018, 07:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Ooo. I didn't even see those. Where did you find them?
ticketmaster, i posted a link a bit above your post.

also, new additions today:

https://www.billboard.com/articles/n...s-bill-clinton

Miley Cyrus, Imagine Dragons to Honor Fleetwood Mac at MusiCares, Bill Clinton Set to Present Award
1/10/2018 by Melinda Newman

More Artists Join Lorde, Harry Styles And OneRepublic

Imagine Dragons, Miley Cyrus, Little Big Town, Juanes, Portugal. The Man, Brandi Carlile, Zac Brown Band, Alison Krauss and Jerry Douglas have been added to the lineup to fete MusiCares Person of the Year Fleetwood Mac on Jan. 26 at New York’s Radio City Music Hall.

They join previously announced performers Lorde, OneRepublic, Harry Styles, Keith Urban and Haim.

Additionally, President Bill Clinton will present Fleetwood Mac their award. The band’s hit “Don’t Stop” was his campaign song while running for president in 1992 and has become his unofficial theme.

Fleetwood Mac is the first band to be honored as MusiCares Person of the Year. Past honorees include Tony Bennett, Bono, Natalie Cole, Phil Collins, David Crosby, Neil Diamond, Bob Dylan, Gloria Estefan, Aretha Franklin, Don Henley, Billy Joel, Elton John, Quincy Jones, Carole King, Paul McCartney, Luciano Pavarotti, Tom Petty, Bonnie Raitt, Lionel Richie, Paul Simon, Bruce Springsteen, Sting, Barbra Streisand, James Taylor, Brian Wilson, Stevie Wonder, and Neil Young.

With the Jan. 28 Grammy Awards moving to New York this year for the first time in 15 years, MusiCares will break tradition by taking place in a concert venue instead of a ballroom or convention center. After the concert, there will be an after-party and silent auction at the New York Hilton Midtown. Individual orchestra seats range from $1,750 to $8,500. Mezzanine seats are on sale to the general public through Ticketmaster with prices ranging from $356 to $606.

Proceeds go to the MusiCares Foundation, which offers health and human services and programs to members of the music community, including emergency financial assistance.

Last edited by elle; 01-10-2018 at 08:16 PM..