The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
View Poll Results: Favourite Stevie song from Tusk?
Sara 22 40.00%
Storms 6 10.91%
Sisters of the Moon 10 18.18%
Angel 7 12.73%
Beautiful Child 10 18.18%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-13-2014, 03:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethelblues View Post
Why is there such hesitation to perform this song live? I just don't get it. It's a fantastic song. Why perform Dreams (a great song, but no casual concertgoer could tell you its name...it wouldn't be missed like Rhiannon or Gold Dust), Gypsy or Silver Springs for the nth time when they could do Beautiful Child or Crystal for that matter?
Dreams was the only #1 single they ever had… it won't ever get cut.
Old 09-13-2014, 04:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I guess Stevie has no problem playing the same songs over and over. If I was suggesting ways to get more of Stevie's other songs in there, like Beautiful Child or Sara or Seven Wonders or Crystal or Thrown Down, I'd put Dreams and Rhiannon on the chopping block. Though I think fans would be more upset with Rhiannon going unplayed than Dreams.
Old 09-13-2014, 05:14 PM
Senior Ledgie

How am I supposed to pick my favorite?

I love all these songs; these were Stevie's FM highlights.
"It was, because we demanded it from the very beginning. You can't be a wimp, and then one or two years later decide not to be a wimp anymore. Because people will always treat you like a wimp, once they have decided that's what you are. So you can never be that. You have to be strong, tough, smart, and know who you are. So, people will get that. Then, they're always going to be great to you. Then, they listen to you; they listen to your songs. They give you a chance. Otherwise, you get nowhere."
Old 09-13-2014, 05:31 PM
Ledgie

All of them! I do have a great love for Angel. It is the funkiest song she did with the Mac.

While I wouldn't change any of Tusk, I have wondered what we'd have heard if LB had convinced Stevie and Chris to approach their songs the way he approached his.

Last edited by Autumn Ocean; 09-13-2014 at 05:37 PM.. Reason: predictive text typo
Old 09-13-2014, 06:12 PM
Senior Ledgie

I love love LOVE Storms (my top pick), Angel, and Beautiful Child. I've listened to Sara a million times but just never got the appeal -- it's pretty, but it's too one-chordy and the music doesn't build much in intensity. And Sisters of the Moon is my least favorite song on Tusk from any of the writers. I know I'm in the minority on this, though.
Old 09-15-2014, 06:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

These 5 songs are indeed the greatest of her career. How sad that the next we got from Stevie was Bella Donna to kick off a solo career which totally lacked the magic of her Tusk songs.
Old 09-15-2014, 11:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Sara

...my all-time favourite song.
Old 09-15-2014, 02:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I went for the obvious Sara. As close to perfection as you're likely to get. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy and appreciate Lindsey's contributions but there's a couple of throwaways that blot the copybook too much (What makes you think you're the one and Not that funny). Stevie's songs generally maintain an ethereal plateau that lay out a claim for her to own the album, rather than Lindsey...I've moved more into that camp over the last few years and that has surprised me.

Angel has grown on me considerably, but oddly, I prefer it out of the context of Tusk. I have it on my playlist between Warm Ways and Bob's Coming Home and that sequence really works... three underappreciated tracks that merit more attention than they get.
Old 09-15-2014, 02:58 PM
Senior Ledgie

Heart

Boy that is a tough call to make, I love all Stevie's songs on Tusk. However, Beautiful Child, there's just something about that song that can get me so emotional and bring me to tears just like that. Ever since the first time I heard it.