User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-01-2010, 05:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post

Oh, and Stevie will start saying in a bunch of irrelevant interviews how she hated the Unleashed Tour (even though she was pretty much all smiles let's not forget) and fought with Lindsey for the entire 100 year tour. In fact, the kangaroo hopping he did onstage in NZ was really just him trying to make her trip over his guitar cable...and she will NEVER do another album with him again (even though the album they just finished working on together is in the can and ready to be released after she finishes all these smoke blowing interviews...). Then, Kristen will snap pictures a few feet away while Lindsey joins Stevie at her interview house for a few well-timed tapings just to prove how they are so NOT best friends....
Stevie may still be mad at Lindsey for saying that he is the one who called and asked her to join Fritz.

Michele
Old 03-01-2010, 05:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Outside producer. Since Janet Jackson's "Runaway" is basically a remake of Lindsey's "Trouble" -- I'd say Jam-Lewis should produce the next Mac album. It will benefit all involved.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 03-01-2010, 05:50 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
Outside producer. Since Janet Jackson's "Runaway" is basically a remake of Lindsey's "Trouble" -- I'd say Jam-Lewis should produce the next Mac album. It will benefit all involved.

Right, besides the fans anyway.
Old 03-01-2010, 06:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well I'm as pleased as punch that Stevie is finally working with Dave Stewart after the initial promise of a collaboration more than 25 years ago (I'd love it if they reprised "Don't Come Around Here No More" at some point). Apart from his creativity and exemplary producing skills, Dave works quickly - there's no messing about with him and that has to be beneficial at this stage.
Of course, all we know at present is that one song has been written and this doesn't necessarily extend to a recording session but my trotters are crossed for a more extensive collaboration, whether it be solo work or a Mac album.
It should be remembered that only last year, Lindsey spoke of three potential outside producers for the next Mac album with Dave Stewart being one of them (the others were Rick Rubin and Daniel Lanois from memory). I wondered at the time who might have suggested utilising Dave and now I'm suspecting it may have been Stevie's idea. I always thought there must have been residual animosity between Stevie and Dave stemming back to their aborted studio session in 1984 but the way he tells it (at least during the promotion for his most recent album in 2008), they remain on good terms with one another.
In any case, I'm enthused that Stevie seems to be actively creative again. I was concerned that once the Unleased tour was completed, she might even consider retiring but just in the space of a month we've witnessed the Grammy's performance; learned of her production work with Michelle Branch and now we hear that she is writing again (with one of my favourite musicians/producers). The future looks bright...
Old 03-01-2010, 07:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I say in 2010, Stevie hates Fleetwood Mac and refuses to do another album with them, but feels she needs to do a solo album. While she is doing all that, Warner Brothers cranks out some greatest hits collection or rumours dvd and Lindsey works like a maniac on his next album. Stevie releases her new album and begins touring, while Lindsey calls, Mick, John, and Christine to do some back-up on his new solo album. Lindsey decides these solo songs should be Mac songs, so they give good ol' Stevie a call and she gets off the road and goes right into the studio with Fleetwood Mac. Everything in 2011/2012 is peachy keen because they've all matured and there are no more drugs. We get a new mac album and a new tour and everyone in Fleetwood Mac is quite pleased. However, by 2013, Chris is back in England, Lindsey is working on another album, and Stevie is talking about how much she HATED the last FM album and tour.
Old 03-01-2010, 08:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post

Oh, and Stevie will start saying in a bunch of irrelevant interviews how she hated the Unleashed Tour (even though she was pretty much all smiles let's not forget) and fought with Lindsey for the entire 100 year tour. In fact, the kangaroo hopping he did onstage in NZ was really just him trying to make her trip over his guitar cable...and she will NEVER do another album with him again (even though the album they just finished working on together is in the can and ready to be released after she finishes all these smoke blowing interviews...). Then, Kristen will snap pictures a few feet away while Lindsey joins Stevie at her interview house for a few well-timed tapings just to prove how they are so NOT best friends....
Yep, that about sums it up. It's like Lather, Rinse, Repeat....

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Stevie may still be mad at Lindsey for saying that he is the one who called and asked her to join Fritz.

Michele
I'm still holding out hope that some footage of that little exchange shows up.

My take on 2010. I can see them tinkering around the rest of the winter doing their own thing and decide to try to cash in on another leg of an Unleashed Sheds tour this spring/summer. If they go that route, I can't see anything new coming out from FM or Stevie/Lindsey solo till sometime in 2011.

But, I really want to hear something new and original from Stevie - Mac or solo. At this point, it doesn't matter to me which it is, just not another repacking of the same stuff.

...or I'd settle for Buckingham Nicks on CD and some touring to support that!
Old 03-01-2010, 08:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amlyn View Post
Yep, that about sums it up. It's like Lather, Rinse, Repeat....

I'm still holding out hope that some footage of that little exchange shows up.

Quote:

...or I'd settle for Buckingham Nicks on CD and some touring to support that!
I want this more than anything else!!!
Old 03-01-2010, 09:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm WAY more interested in new solo stuff from Stevie and Lindsey. Here's to hoping.

Mick

-Tom Waits
Old 03-01-2010, 10:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Good lord, these guys are getting so long in the tooth! When will they simply realize that they have one more Rumours-era line-up album in them! Come on, already: just go to Christine's house and write some damn songs. They'll be all over the airwaves for one last, glorious time.
Old 03-01-2010, 10:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

as much as it breaks my heart to write this....I just don't think christine is interested anymore Hey let's face it she had a wonderful tenure with the band. I think she's earned her peace and quiet.

Mick

-Tom Waits
Old 03-01-2010, 10:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Good lord, these guys are getting so long in the tooth! When will they simply realize that they have one more Rumours-era line-up album in them! Come on, already: just go to Christine's house and write some damn songs. They'll be all over the airwaves for one last, glorious time.
I think not having Christine on SYW was a huge miscalculation. I understand the problem of not having her on tour if one of her songs became a hit (I really don't think any song would've been a hit regardless). The solution to that problem would have been simple. Make a video for her hypothetical hit single and show said video right before the acoustic set on those big ass screes behind the band (makes for a nice smoke break for the band). Pretty simple stuff. AND, show a video of Songbird after the last encore, but before the ceremonial playing of Albatross.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 03-01-2010, 10:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Uhm, I'd love both thank you! The only "new" thing I've been around to witness was Soundstage. And the Unleashed tour, and the ending of Stevie's solo tour. But really though, no new material that was actually new. I've got plenty of stuff that's new to me, but is from twenty or thirty years ago. (And I'm sure I've still got more to find and listen to!)

But at the same time, I just want Stevie and company to be happy and healthy. But it seems to me that they require music (not necessarily recording or touring) to be happy. Sorry if this is repetitive or ignorant or whatever, but I'm just putting in my two cents.

Would it last forever? You and I together, hand in hand
we run away♥
Old 03-01-2010, 11:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think their creativity is turned up right now. So, I feel like they'll do something one way or the other. If it's up to their management, a horrible decision will no doubt ensue. I say, go with your gut guys...just do SOMETHING!!
Old 03-02-2010, 12:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by APerfectLie View Post
while Lindsey calls, Mick, John, and Christine to do some back-up on his new solo album. Lindsey decides these solo songs should be Mac songs, so they give good ol' Stevie a call and she gets off the road and goes right into the studio with Fleetwood Mac. Everything in 2011/2012 is peachy keen because they've all matured and there are no more drugs. We get a new mac album and a new tour and everyone in Fleetwood Mac is quite pleased. However, by 2013, Chris is back in England, Lindsey is working on another album, and Stevie is talking about how much she HATED the last FM album and tour.
Even if it's a longshot, I really like your suggestion.

If there is any difficulty getting Stevie to record, the surefire way to do it is for Lindsey to go to England and work with Christine. Stevie would definitely get in on the action then. She may not be eager to do anything with the guys, but she would not be left out of any project they were in involving Christine. Lindsey would have had his new material last year if he'd done that. Go to England and if he can coax Christine into letting him in the door, he's halfway home.

Michele
Old 03-02-2010, 09:32 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post

If there is any difficulty getting Stevie to record, the surefire way to do it is for Lindsey to go to England and work with Christine. Stevie would definitely get in on the action then. She may not be eager to do anything with the guys, but she would not be left out of any project they were in involving Christine. Lindsey would have had his new material last year if he'd done that. Go to England and if he can coax Christine into letting him in the door, he's halfway home.

Michele
Brilliant idea, if only it would happen.