User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-29-2012, 08:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHearted View Post

So wait.. does this mean that Stevie won't do something if Lindsey wants to do it (and vice versa) or that Stevie won't do something UNLESS Lindsey wants to (and vice versa)?
They won't do anything that the other one wants to do, if they think it was the other one's idea.

But wait, shouldn't that mean that the fact that Lindsey doesn't want any of them to speak to Ken would cause Stevie to really want to give Ken an interview?

Michele

Last edited by michelej1; 03-29-2012 at 08:43 PM..
Old 03-29-2012, 08:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
They won't do anything that the other one wants to do, if they think it was the other one's idea.

But wait, shouldn't that mean that the fact that Lindsey doesn't want any of them to speak to Ken would cause Stevie to really want to give Ken an interview?
Lindsey has too much dirt on her.
Old 03-29-2012, 08:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post

Michele
That's was my thinking haha.

There's no telling with these guys, I suppose.
Old 03-29-2012, 09:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
I remember LB and Stevie mentioning it was Ray's last show during the last SYW show.

I think it was Richard who went 3 years w/o a check.

I think the band does owe something to employees, especially long-term ones. Especially Judy. She arranged the band's first US tour back in '68, she brought Bob Welch into the fold, she was a major part of the band during the heyday...You take care of people who take care of you.
Richard doesn't get royalties for work he did as co-producer and co-writer? Who was paying all his bills for those 3 years?

People with the band should take care of one another, as Mick says. But if anybody owed Judy Wong it was Mick. I guess, Christine, too. According to Ken, Judy did everything for Chris. Why do I get the impression Ken feels other members owe the people forgotten by the band?
Old 03-29-2012, 09:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrStevie View Post
Richard doesn't get royalties for work he did as co-producer and co-writer? Who was paying all his bills for those 3 years?
Well, he didn't have to pay much rent, since he and Lindsey were still roomies. In the end they gave him pie, lots of whip cream and a watch. I'm sure he was happy.

Of course, his writer/producer royalties wouldn't even be coming from FM anyway.

Michele
Old 03-29-2012, 09:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
I think the band does owe something to employees, especially long-term ones. Especially Judy. She arranged the band's first US tour back in '68, she brought Bob Welch into the fold, she was a major part of the band during the heyday...You take care of people who take care of you.
Yes, but that duty has to end at some point. When was Judy last even involved with FM?

http://www.twitter.com/jtwill84
Old 03-29-2012, 09:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The part that makes it seem like sour grapes to me is where he says, "they're all down now." Really? Yes, Mick seems to be having some issues, as he does from time to time. I bet John is happy sailing his boat somewhere. Lindsey seems to be enjoying his solo work. Stevie is probably as happy as she's ever been. We all have things we would like to see Fleetwood Mac do, but, like all of us, they have to live their lives for themselves, not for their former associates.
Old 03-29-2012, 09:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh2003 View Post
Yes, but that duty has to end at some point. When was Judy last even involved with FM?
Who says it has to end? The Grateful Dead actually have a pension plan for their roadies. You certainly don't let somebody who was THAT important die toothless!

As for Judy's involvement, there was a pic of her in the 1990 tourbook.
Old 03-29-2012, 09:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well, what are they all afraid of then? Why isn't everybody writing books and dishing the dirt to exorcise the demons like Carol Ann Harris did?

Lindsey was receptive to Stevie's idea to go to Paris during Unleashed. In fact, he garnered a big compliment from Stevie that he was being his "very lovely self" and said "Ok, we'll got to Paris." He had to know it was her idea since she had been adamant enough to say she was going to Paris if she had to go by herself and sing on the street corner. She must have got him on a really good day.
Old 03-29-2012, 09:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
Well, what are they all afraid of then? Why isn't everybody writing books and dishing the dirt to exorcise the demons like Carol Ann Harris did?
They don't have a superstar daughter and still have to worry about getting/keeping work

Quote:
Lindsey was receptive to Stevie's idea to go to Paris during Unleashed. In fact, he garnered a big compliment from Stevie that he was being his "very lovely self" and said "Ok, we'll got to Paris." He had to know it was her idea since she had been adamant enough to say she was going to Paris if she had to go by herself and sing on the street corner. She must have got him on a really good day.
In other words, somebody offered the band a helluva lotta money.
Old 03-29-2012, 10:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Everyone sucks at communicating and they all are horrible to the people they used to work with - except for Christine, the only sweet one.
I found Ken's change of tune regarding Chris to be rather intriguing. He was just saying less than a year ago how cold & even strange Christine has become- how he wasn't allowed in the room when her dogs were eating, stuff like that. I wonder why Christine is suddenly the saint, while the rest of the band are evil?
Old 03-29-2012, 10:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
So basically, Lindsey's writing a book.
If I interpreted the response Ken got correctly, it doesn't mean "Lindsey is writing a book." It means "Take a hike, buddy. I'm his manager now and I'm not even going to pass on your request to him. I'm in power and I'll decide whether and when Lindsey Buckingham does anything for you." Lindsey's not writing any book.

He has a bitchy little manager--as do the others--who functions exactly the way mid-management functions in a big company: as a buffer, as a way of keeping the rank-and-file employees (meaning old colleagues, fans, and press) at a great distance.

Stevie, too. She has proved over and over (like yesterday on TV) that she herself is a sweet, affable person. But that is not her management, and has never been. They are little twerps whose purpose is to keep people out. Whatever the girl's name is (Karen?), she is a nobody who has been given great power to abuse people's starry-eyed love, and who very successfully buffers her boss from anyone she chooses. She is a mid-manager: she doesn't produce the product and she doesn't create the vision for the product. She's just the Human Resources woman, monitoring behavior.

Ken is just extremely frustrated with the management surrounding the group. On the one hand, I don't blame him, but on the other, he himself has been in the business so long, he ought to be used to it. He also probably had buffers around him during the Rumours years.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 03-29-2012, 10:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
If I interpreted the response Ken got correctly, it doesn't mean "Lindsey is writing a book." It means "Take a hike, buddy. I'm his manager now and I'm not even going to pass on your request to him. I'm in power and I'll decide whether and when Lindsey Buckingham does anything for you." Lindsey's not writing any book.

He has a bitchy little manager--as do the others--who functions exactly the way mid-management functions in a big company: as a buffer, as a way of keeping the rank-and-file employees (meaning old colleagues, fans, and press) at a great distance.

Stevie, too. She has proved over and over (like yesterday on TV) that she herself is a sweet, affable person. But that is not her management, and has never been. They are little twerps whose purpose is to keep people out. Whatever the girl's name is (Karen?), she is a nobody who has been given great power to abuse people's starry-eyed love, and who very successfully buffers her boss from anyone she chooses. She is a mid-manager: she doesn't produce the product and she doesn't create the vision for the product. She's just the Human Resources woman, monitoring behavior.

Ken is just extremely frustrated with the management surrounding the group. On the one hand, I don't blame him, but on the other, he himself has been in the business so long, he ought to be used to it. He also probably had buffers around him during the Rumours years.
Exactly...
Old 03-29-2012, 10:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

If Lindsey is writing a book, he sure is really quiet about it. He could be shy or perhaps, he doesn't want the other band members to know. If he says nothing about his plans, they won't think twice when they see him sitting in a corner battering away at his Smith Corona.

Maybe it will be a collection of all of his song introductions and it will end with Sardonic World.

I'm very proud of the way he can make all of the rest of them shut up and not talk to Ken, just because he says so. Like a boss, Buck.

Michele
Old 03-29-2012, 10:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
I found Ken's change of tune regarding Chris to be rather intriguing. He was just saying less than a year ago how cold & even strange Christine has become- how he wasn't allowed in the room when her dogs were eating, stuff like that. I wonder why Christine is suddenly the saint, while the rest of the band are evil?
Maybe Ken is wearing better looking shirts now.

Michele