Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-05-2018, 09:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
Overrated:
Don't Stop
-I just don't think this song is all that good. It's catchy and everything but it's probably the weakest on Rumours if you ask me.
Big Love
-This is a great song and I can see why it was popular at the time it was released but I'm tired of the way he performs it live. Yes it's really cool and guitar-y and shows his skills but I would've liked to hear a full band version of it.

Underrated:
Beautiful Child
-When it comes to Stevie's Tusk songs I feel like people always talk about Sara or Storms or Sisters of the Moon. But I think Beautiful Child might be the best of them all. The lyrics are stunning and the plodding melody really help to convey that haunting quality.
That's Enough For Me
-I feel like a lot of people don't like this song and I don't really understand why. It's sort of just like Second Hand News on steroids. I love how fast and crazy it is while still being quite catchy, and yet it manages to sound very happy, contrasting the rather sad lyrics.
That's Alright
- I LOOOOVE this song. I love the intentionally exaggerated country vibe. I love her voice and the production. In general I think so much of Mirage is underrated.
THIS LIST
I've removed Landslide and I'm so afraid as I don't feel they are particularly under OR overrated.....but everything above is bang on point in my opinion too.
Beautiful Child is probably my fav SN FM song ever....its sublime....and Dont get me started on Don't Stop and Big Love, especially live...
Old 07-05-2018, 11:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I weighed in on this years ago, but I’m doing it afresh...

1975-present:

Most underrated: Sugar Daddy
Most overrated: Dreams

1970-74:

Most underrated: Dragonfly
Most overrated: Sentimental Lady

1967-1970:

Most underrated: Before the Beginning
Most overrated: Rattlesnake Shake
Old 07-07-2018, 05:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsavi4 View Post
Hi everyone! With all of this talk about the worst songs by each writer, I'd like to shift focus to something a little less critical and with a little more diversity in opinion (I hope).

I think the most underrated song has to be "Crystal". I love it on Buckingham Nicks, and it's even better on the White Album. The harmonies by Lindsay and Stevie are perfect; you can really hear the love in their voices. So few new Mac fans know this song, but IMO it shows Stevie and Lindsey's musical partnership at its best.

I'd go with "Everywhere" as the most overrated. It's pretty catchy, but it's just so bland and a bit too lightweight for me. It sounds like Chris just going through the motions without putting much feeling in the song. It's often considered an 80's classic and is a frequent starting point for new Mac fans, but IMO it just doesn't deserve all the praise it gets.
I totally agree with you and I'd put Dreams a close second for most overrated.