User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-09-2004, 12:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacMan
Yes, it was recorded... and filmed (dvd'd!) As will about 9 of these up coming shows will be, if not more!
What?

We were frail...
Save us...
Old 05-09-2004, 12:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
What?
Bootleg that is...
Old 05-09-2004, 01:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Jason and gang!!

please tell me how IKINW sounded? Did it rock heavy or did they do a more acoustic approach, what with the harmonica part? Replaced by LB/SN harmony-vocals?

gerald

Old 05-09-2004, 02:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Awsome! Thank you so much for telling us about the show. BTW, how did Don't Let Me Down Again sound? I'm sure it was cool. I can't wait for June 8th!!!!!

Bring on the bootlegs!
Old 05-09-2004, 04:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thoughts about the show completely out of order...

The Sara boots were actually brown... she wore this gorgeous red shawl, and put on these fabulous gold chandelier earrings, and pulled her hair back on one side with a jeweled barrette for it... it was beautiful. Most of the time she was wearing the Reeboks, which I LIKE- because she really seems more into her performance and more able to cut loose and have FUN and really perform for us when she's comfortable instead of when she's in PAIN... she had little crystals on the tip of each shoe, I'd never noticed that before. She was also wearing the black gloves when she came out, and later again during the show... I thought they were awesome.

I was in the front, up against the stage, in the section between the monitors- we played Lindsey's guitar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!... but during Sara, Lindsey looked surprised when Stevie came over to his mike to sing those lines... then, in the instrumental after it, they did kind of dance- they weren't touching, they were apart from each other, but they were moving together, and she was mouthing "All I ever wanted... was to know that you were dreaming..." several times to him. I bawled. I never cry. But I did. Like a baby. Lindsey saw me wiping my eyes and kind of smiled at me, but I was mortified.

When Jason talked about the guitars breaking- it was REALLY awkward. Lindsey gave the really somber speech about Say Goodbye, and then started to play- and it was SO badly out of tune. So then he screams for Ray, Ray brings him a new guitar, they start again- and it's out of tune AGAIN. Lindsey is PISSED, but Stevie's trying to be all nice about it and apologize to the crowd about it, etc. I kind of forget the order of how everything happened, but by the time they started Red Rover, it happened again, and Lindsey was SUPER pissed. I think this was the point where Mick came up and did story time for us in the crowd. Lindsey got on the stage and did sit-ups and push-ups for the crowd, and Stevie commented that they hadn't rehearsed in awhile because they'd taken the past three weeks off for Stella... and dedicated the song to her, I believe that was during Say Goodbye.

Either way, Lindsey was REALLY pissed at Ray, and within a couple songs, someone else was taking care of his guitars and bringing them to him after each song. Following that episode, he was also really BRUTAL with his guitars, which I've NEVER seen or heard of him doing before. During the end of ISA, I think it was, he started banging the neck of it HARD against the stage, then he just took it off and threw it on the ground. He threw a couple different ones, including the Fender after Tusk, just as hard subsequently... Ray's in the doghouse.

What else was great... one of the best Stand Back's I've ever seen, it was on fire, but Lindsey was getting WEIRD during it- it was pretty funny. Normally he just kinda stands there and goofs off during Taku's drum solo, but this time he was just dancing around to it... getting pretty suggestive and nasty with the guitar, at one point... he was rubbing it in circles on his crotch. I was dying with laughter, actually, because it just looked so silly.

They danced during Tusk... it was wonderful...

I Know I'm Not Wrong was great... I missed Eyes of the World, but I was THRILLED to see IKINW. Destiny Rules was better than it was in Columbus last year, Stevie seemed to be having a lot of FUN singing it.

Red Rover was fine... vocally he was doing well in it. Stevie was out there singing with him on it, which I thought was kind of odd... Taku and Mick came out to the front for it, and were sitting on these like wooden beat boxes and playing them.

I missed Goodbye Baby, but I like the show ending on a total high. Everyone was CLEARLY confused after Don't Stop, though- because they didn't turn on the house lights for a LONG time, and it seemed like most people thought there was going to be more.

There's more, but everyone else will start to cover it. I was just totally blessed to be up there and be able to enjoy another show like that. Totally great. And I can't wait for Pattie to come back and tell everyone about her birthday wish. I was jealous!!!!

-Hayley
Old 05-09-2004, 04:30 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default Fan Club Tickets

Did anybody who went to the Madison concert have tickets from the Fan Club? If so, how were your seats?
Old 05-09-2004, 04:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Sounds like Lindsey wasn't having a good night... and who's Stella?

We were frail...
Save us...
Old 05-09-2004, 05:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondsnake
Sounds like Lindsey wasn't having a good night... and who's Stella?
Stella is Lindsey's new baby daughter.

Michelle

~long live the queen... under the skin~
Old 05-09-2004, 05:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

www.bluewhitefire.com has a boot of last night's Sara as well as other songs!!!!!

Kudos to them for posting!!!!!!!

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 05-09-2004, 06:28 PM
trackaghost
This message has been deleted by trackaghost.
Old 05-09-2004, 07:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind
www.bluewhitefire.com has a boot of last night's Sara as well as other songs!!!!!

Kudos to them for posting!!!!!!!
I just listened to the first 30 seconds and it sounds so beautiful! I thought it might not sound as good now that her voice has gotten so deep, but it sounded better then the cleaning lady version. It was also cool to hear all the screams and gasps of all the fans who were prob. not expecting that song in a million years! Now I wish I was suprised...

We were frail...
Save us...

Last edited by diamondsnake; 05-09-2004 at 07:56 PM..
Old 05-09-2004, 07:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Did Stevie have bangs at this show?

We were frail...
Save us...
Old 05-09-2004, 07:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

What changed Stevie's mind and made her sing Sara after ages of saying she would never sing the song live again? I just don't get it!

We were frail...
Save us...
Old 05-09-2004, 09:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This Sara sounds fantastic. My Parrotlet went nuts peeping when he heard it. I don't peep too often, but I went nuts too.
Old 05-09-2004, 09:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratist3217
IKINW had BETTER be good because it replaced my favorite song

I still haven't gotten over them dropping EOTW!
You'll love IKINW. The band has a blast doing it.
Old 05-09-2004, 09:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up
please tell me how IKINW sounded? Did it rock heavy or did they do a more acoustic approach, what with the harmonica part? Replaced by LB/SN harmony-vocals?

gerald
It was full on band sound with S&L doing the harmony thing.