Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-15-2003, 11:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Angry More crap from The Knight

I can only take it so far guys. We got an offer from a tour operator and the band seemed to feel that if the fans wanted this, they'd take time on a concert nite (just think about that level of loyalty from the artists) to meet those who cared that much that they would book a hotel and tour pack. So I understand differences of opinion and encourage open banter here. But there has to be some level of civility. Too bad the rotten apples really do spoil the barrel.

For the future - Those of you with 3 or 4 stars by your names who have experience here - slap some sense into the offenders. The goal is for this board to encourage participation!

We move on . . .

Hugs to the "Good Guys (and Gals)"

The Knight!

Slap some sense huh. Sounds like he's trying to hypnotise us.

He Will Burn You Down
Old 02-15-2003, 11:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Yeah that's what they saw us as - apples in a barrel, ripe for the picking! I'm glad we went rotten on them
Old 02-16-2003, 12:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Re: More crap from The Knight

Quote:
Originally posted by Hawkeye

For the future - Those of you with 3 or 4 stars by your names who have experience here - slap some sense into the offenders. The goal is for this board to encourage participation!

We move on . . .

Hugs to the "Good Guys (and Gals)"

The Knight!
Oh my gosh, he is actually ENCOURAGING those psyhco posters to get even MORE defensive and hostile towards "dissenters"! Unbelievable!

Old 02-16-2003, 01:41 AM
thewhitewingedd
This message has been deleted by thewhitewingedd.
Old 02-16-2003, 01:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: Re: More crap from The Knight

Quote:
Originally posted by sodascouts
Oh my gosh, he is actually ENCOURAGING those psyhco posters to get even MORE defensive and hostile towards "dissenters"! Unbelievable!
WOW, you're right. That's really scary!!
What's with the stars? What is this, first grade?!
Long live the Ledge. That's all I can say.
-Sonia
"So I close my eyes softly... till I become that part of the wind that we all long for sometimes. And to those that I love like a ghost through a fog, like a charmed hour and a haunted song, and the angel... of my dreams"

"All alone we suffer. Oh, to steal your heart away."
Old 02-16-2003, 07:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

God bless those of you who continue to visit that board. You have the patience of the saints. I observed frequently when Mick's website was first put up, but then I quickly realized how freaky it is over there, especially with "The Knight" and his countless others who count themselves amongst his minions (sp?) of evil. Now I don't even bother reading the posts much less posting myself. Thank god for the ledge and its general lack of that kind of bs.
Old 02-16-2003, 08:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

The worst bull**** for me is the mention of the 'die-hard' fans coughing up to join the fan club. So I am not a die hard fan cause I don'y cough up??

Pip
Old 02-16-2003, 09:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Boy I'm offended by what Knight said. I guess I'm a bad apple because I don't buy into his outragous offer.Even though I have been a die hard fan for over 27 years. And becouse I don't have 3 stars by my name I'm not worthy. I do have a life than hanging out with Mick 24/7. As it is I can't even afford to see them live when that has been my life long dream. It seems to knight if I have loads of money or sacrifice my life to Mick I'm worthy. Get real.

Alison
Old 02-16-2003, 12:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

That place SCARES me.

~Angela~
Old 02-16-2003, 02:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Slap some sense?? Ha! I'll go one on one with any of those cronies any day..i knock them on their @ss when it comes to the battle of the words man...I see no problem in requesting civility,but the fact is,the little Mick wingnuts were the ones who attacked all of us who stated,quite respectivly i might add,our opinion.They didn't agree,and out came the fangs..and if anyone from Mick's board is lurking..HI!!! Bring it on.... or go running back to the Knight or whatever his name is and tell him all about the Ledge..and how we rotten apples like it better here anyway

"I walk on stage, I'm very strong, I'm still pretty cute and I rock." -Stevie Nicks
Old 02-16-2003, 02:24 PM
Senior Ledgie

What does he mean by, "I can only take it so far?"

Nae
Old 02-16-2003, 02:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

i must admit i DID spend a couple of minutes reading that board a couple of times. i found it appalling.
i noticed some (former?) ledgies there and was amazed, why defect this cool place? to be embraced by mick's sweet greedy warmth? gimme a break...
i certainly hope mick in person is not fully responsible for what's going on that board (and site), the only good thing i have to say on his behalf is that he was always a bad businessman and he still remains one.
how come every U2 fan was invited to visit their studio's online cam in real time while recording, and now i'm being asked to pay so much $$$ to see some old FM footage? why should i hope for better seats for a concert if the european leg of the tour is still in doubt? (no way i'm going to the US to see them there again.) it's pathetic. it's a classic exaple for the worst possible promotion. it's promotion damnit! it should be free!
i also find it degrading that fleetwood mac, a notorious band in terms of fans-band relations, will take their precious time after an exhausting show to nicely meet the fans for money's sake. c'mon, do you really need the money that desperetly?
do they honestly believe that wer'e money milking cows? sorry mr. fleetwood but i'm nothing but a poor student nowdays, if i'm lucky enough i could scratch some money to come see a (150$)concert in amsterdam or london, but if you think you can milk 1100$ from me than you are dead wrong, coz tommercow is dry and pissed!

somewhere deep in the middle of the night baby, i think about you!!! she says somewhere deep in the middle of the night my baby, i think about you!!!! she says i know what it sounds liiike! i know what it sounds liiiiiiiiiiike, i know what it sounds like, it sounds like youuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!
Old 02-16-2003, 03:01 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default Re: More crap from The Knight

Quote:
Originally posted by Hawkeye
We got an offer from a tour operator and the band seemed to feel that if the fans wanted this, they'd take time on a concert nite (just think about that level of loyalty from the artists) to meet those who cared that much that they would book a hotel and tour pack.

"Those who cared"?! Well, gee, I guess I'm just a casual pee-on fan because I'm not willing to spend $1100 just to get backstage.

That board is freaky...I did register, read it maybe once or twice, and I haven't been back. I much prefer The Ledge.
Old 02-16-2003, 05:25 PM
thewhitewingedd
This message has been deleted by thewhitewingedd.
Old 02-16-2003, 07:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by thewhitewingedd
It reminds me of the atmosphere of another message board that I used to vist....And I don't go THERE either!!!
Which board is that, Adam? You can't just mysteriously refer to another message board & then not even bring up the name----it leaves a painful LEGACY to do that.
Old 02-16-2003, 07:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It reminds me of the atmosphere of another message board that I used to vist....And I don't go THERE either!!!!!
what board are we talking about. I knopw you used to frequent the legacy alot. But how can you say anything bad about that place. You must be talking about another board.

He Will Burn You Down
Old 02-16-2003, 07:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Angry

Well as far as I am concerned They can go to hell for their remarks. We are not any less of a fan just because we do not have the money to join his stupid Fan Club or his Meet and Greet.

Matt