Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > The Early Years
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-06-2014, 05:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Unhappy

Banning or being banned is not fun. Ultimately a private site with most people as guests it's the decision of the hosts, so nothing to argue with. I have been banned from a couple of places online in my time, I thought I was standing up to bullies or a gang mentality in both cases, which I really have not seen here, but on the scale of injustices it ranks pretty low. I try not to take things too personally especially where people know only a little bit of another person.

You can catch more flies with sugar than vinegar, and I think the best way to get Bob Welch in that hall would be stressing the positive/artistic/commercial accomplishments and not anything else. I don't think you can either sue or shame your way into anything lasting, sorry.

I know Mick has been very generous to a young musician where I live, and solely out of love for music and passing along opportunity to someone he sees as having the capacity to benefit from it. If he also punches puppies when nobody is looking I don't know that.

P.S.: Bob was very commercially successful in America; his music was everywhere in the late '70s and at least Hypnotized with Fleetwood Mac got heavy airplay. So I can't agree with saying his lack of commercial clout is behind anything. Peter Green on the other hand never has gotten much recognition or sales from the U.S. audience. I would not have been surprised if most of the people behind the hall of fame wouldn't have known who he was when they inducted FM, but would have been very surprised if they didn't know of Bob Welch.

Last edited by becca; 04-06-2014 at 05:50 PM..
Old 04-06-2014, 06:01 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post
How did she cause any trouble without it involving her
post, here or anywhere? Unless you're a mind reader?
Maybe she sent someone an impolite pm.

Dude I can't believe you got your panties in a wad over what
I said. If anything I have been mostly complimentary of you
over the years I've been here. Do you remember differently?
I would suggest chilling out, but would I get banned for that
since you're a moderator?

This isn't exactly directed at you but I don't think Michele needs
any knights in shining armor to come to her rescue. She seems
quite capable of handling herself. Her website her rules I suppose.

A most interesting thread...
I didn't get my panties in a wad. However, telling someone to expand their mind is not under most circumstances, in my opinion, a compliment. I asked you to keep your insults to yourself please. Do I come to where you work and knock the broom outta your hand? Sure don't. I don't need you to tell me, or Michele, or any of us how to moderate. Especially when, as a rational adult, you must consider that we mods have light shed on all these matters and you do not. You need not fear for your skin. But please drop it.
Old 04-06-2014, 07:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

You guys talking about how you want to hear what Wendy has to say... have you actually read her posts? Especially you people who joined solely to comment on this?

I have read many of her posts. They largely alternated between her attacking someone (either a member of the band or a member of the board) and posting about her personal problems. If there was ever anything actually insightful posted in the almost two years since Bob's death, it got buried in all the crap.

Plus, many of her posts contained things that were "misremembered," shall we say, and accusations that were completely unproven.

People looked the other way because she was Bob Welch's wife; they pitied her and/or wanted to interact with her because she was an "insider." Plus, many (including myself) believed it was unfair that Bob Welch wasn't inducted, so even when she went from advocating it to frothing at the mouth about it, folks didn't say anything.

Heck, even I bit my tongue. I never replied to her or said anything negative about her until this thread, but it pisses me off to see so many people give her a free pass, so I felt I had to speak up.

Handling her with kid gloves and the inevitable ass-kissing from certain members only encouraged her to get worse. Recently, she amped up her trash-talking to bile that could be considered legally slanderous, and it led to her banning.

I've been a member of this forum a long time, and I can tell you that my answer to the titular question is NO. I have no interest in hearing more ugly slander from Wendy Welch. Anybody who does, feel free to friend her on Facebook. You'll get an earful (or is it eyeful?) of it.

Have fun with that.

Note to admin and mods: kudos for having the balls to stand up to her.

Last edited by sodascouts; 04-06-2014 at 07:51 PM..
Old 04-06-2014, 08:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylittledemon View Post
... if Wendy had acted like a rational human being whilst here on The Ledge. Every post was borderline slanderous (if not fully) and negative in nearly every sense of the word.
You write this^, and then in post #49 you tell me and everyone else
that "it also has little if anything to do with the trouble some of her post cause".

You could and should have took expand your mind as just me saying
that you should read all my post on the subject before replying like you did
to me.

I can only base why I think Wendy was banned on what Michelle, moderators,
members and what my own eyes read. And then I gave my opinion that I didn't
think she should be permanently banned because of the insight she offered.

Note it's my opinion. And I don't really remember coming here and
knocking the broom out of your hand. Plus I had no idea you consider this
work, or even a work place. Telling Michelle or any moderators how to do
their job? You'll have to point me to those posts. I'm looking forward to that.

In closing. I don't live in fear of you or this place. I enjoy some of my time
here, but it's not something I couldn't live without. All I ask is, if you do respond
to any of my post please be accurate and not so condescending. I'm just a lowly
member that doesn't have light shed on all these matters.

I'd rather speak about the topic of this thread.

I had to pause to watch Stevie on the ACM'S.
Old 04-06-2014, 08:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Does anyone associated with The Ledge have any connection with Mick? Perhaps such a person would be able to apprise Mick of the situation, explain that Wendy is genuinely hurting and suffering, and encourage him to reach out to her and put her in the way of business professionals who can help her manage Bob's estate and legacy.
Old 04-06-2014, 09:08 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
You write this^, and then in post #49 you tell me and everyone else
that "it also has little if anything to do with the trouble some of her post cause".
That part above was my fault, I meant to say that every one of her posts directed at Jeremy.

Quote:
You could and should have took expand your mind as just me saying
that you should read all my post on the subject before replying like you did
to me.

I can only base why I think Wendy was banned on what Michelle, moderators,
members and what my own eyes read. And then I gave my opinion that I didn't
think she should be permanently banned because of the insight she offered.

Note it's my opinion. And I don't really remember coming here and
knocking the broom out of your hand. Plus I had no idea you consider this
work, or even a work place. Telling Michelle or any moderators how to do
their job? You'll have to point me to those posts. I'm looking forward to that.

In closing. I don't live in fear of you or this place. I enjoy some of my time
here, but it's not something I couldn't live without. All I ask is, if you do respond
to any of my post please be accurate and not so condescending. I'm just a lowly
member that doesn't have light shed on all these matters.

I'd rather speak about the topic of this thread.

I had to pause to watch Stevie on the ACM'S.

Hmm. Mkay.

First, when I originally quoted the line that I did from you, it was a reply for everyone... not just for you. Remember you're not the only one reading this thread, and everyone is going to have questions about why Wendy is no longer here.

What happened next was that you decided to respond to me by saying "expand your mind", which was a condescending thing to start with.

I asked you to keep that to yourself next time. Then in later posts you said I got my "panties in a wad", asked me to "chill out" etc. Again... condescension.

Yes, moderating here is a sort of job, and a privilege. And when you suggested that I expand my mind, and that my response was unwarranted as having only come to "Michele's rescue" , well, excuse me if I see that as dripping with further unnecessary condescension.

Now, since you stated that you're looking forward to me pointing out those instances to you, and that you can't wait to come back with another (what you believe to be) well informed reply, that indicates to me even more mindful instigating behavior on your part. If we were on a playground, it'd be fair of me to say that you started it. Nenny nenny boo boo. That sort of silly thing. So, since we've established you as the primary mover of discontent in this instance, I would only add that any other comment you feel the need to express on the matter be directed at me via private message.
Old 04-09-2014, 08:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I think this whole banning thing is very disrespectful towards Wendy. If anyone knows the truth and will tell it like it is, it's her. Personally I think it's absurd.

You got a sweet heart
Never will you be replaced
Old 04-09-2014, 01:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Catdancer View Post
I think this whole banning thing is very disrespectful towards Wendy. If anyone knows the truth and will tell it like it is, it's her. Personally I think it's absurd.
Disrespectful? So was what she posted about another band member who posts here, and she bordered on the defamatory - in my view - more than once.

I'm glad she has been banned. Her comments, particularly recently, gave me no pleasure to read.
Old 04-10-2014, 12:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Although I expressed the opinion earlier in this thread that she shouldn't be banned, just moderated somehow, it is true that the general tone is more pleasant without her here. I find it sad that she chose to use this forum to air grievances toward other band members (several of them, at that), rather than turning to us fans for support.

She lost her husband in a dreadful, traumatic way that no one should have to endure in this life. I am sure that everyone here feels sympathy for her. To whatever extent we fans care about the musicians whose music we love, we also share her grief. But instead of seeking comfort and a supportive community here on the Ledge, she chose to vent her anger -- justified or not -- toward other band members, and sometimes even toward members of this board, until she stepped over a line and lost her membership privileges here.

It's just sad that her anger and grief led her to use this board in this way, when she could have received so much love and support from the folks here.
Old 04-10-2014, 04:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepace View Post
Although I expressed the opinion earlier in this thread that she shouldn't be banned, just moderated somehow, it is true that the general tone is more pleasant without her here. I find it sad that she chose to use this forum to air grievances toward other band members (several of them, at that), rather than turning to us fans for support.

She lost her husband in a dreadful, traumatic way that no one should have to endure in this life. I am sure that everyone here feels sympathy for her. To whatever extent we fans care about the musicians whose music we love, we also share her grief. But instead of seeking comfort and a supportive community here on the Ledge, she chose to vent her anger -- justified or not -- toward other band members, and sometimes even toward members of this board, until she stepped over a line and lost her membership privileges here.

It's just sad that her anger and grief led her to use this board in this way, when she could have received so much love and support from the folks here.
Very well said!!
Anyway, it's really sad it turned out like that.
Old 04-19-2014, 04:59 PM
Ledgie

Wow...reading through a good bit of this has been very depressing. As I don't view the board *that* frequently - and this section less, unfortunately - I was unaware that Wendy Welch was on here in the first place. So I've not had the (mis)fortune of viewing her posts.

Folks continue to refer to other band members or former members who post here, but I am uncertain of who they are either.

That being said, I totally understand Bob's and Wendy's frustration with the Hall of Fame snub, and there's no doubt in my mind he should be there. Suits definitely are a "hey, this **** ain't right"-type of thing between friends, but Bob clearly felt he had no other choice. Had everyone been willing to talk things out truly and thoroughly...

Well. In my personal opinion, while Bob was depressed about the failure of his surgery and not wanting to go down the path his father did, I think he decided to leave us for reasons beyond that. The way he spoke in the Q&A from '99, while he had every right to be bitter, seemed like he was beyond heartbroken about the HOF rejection and the band's behavior...like his career, which took off because of his contributions to the band - and you see I love them from my name - meant nothing...that all he did to help the band soldier on (read: succeed more than they had been,) and their underlying friendships, was diddly squat. And his wife got to witness that. (This, despite the fact that he was more positive in the subsequent Q&A.)

Who knows, if everyone had made their peace without legal action and burning bridges, we could've seen a band with the White Album lineup *and* Bob. That's a pretty a beautiful image.

So I do not blame Wendy for being so furious and getting out some things that Bob likely never had the courage to say.

However. I volunteer at a rape crisis center. So for me, it is X-times far more inappropriate to "make light" of child molestation. For that reason alone, Wendy had no right to remain here. All we can do is send her positive vibes for healing during her grieving process.