The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-27-2014, 06:14 PM
Junior Ledgie

Would be nice to hear some Christine tracks from "Behind The Mask" - such as "Save Me" or "Skies The Limit"

I think "Skies The Limit" could work as a concert opener to showcase Christine, and then go into "The Chain" if they really really refuse to drop it

"Save Me" is an underappreciated Christine McVie gem, IMHO - it's fast enough in tempo, and feels like a classic FM track that even the casuals will get into it!
Old 03-27-2014, 06:58 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjfabbsy View Post
Would be nice to hear some Christine tracks from "Behind The Mask" - such as "Save Me" or "Skies The Limit"

I think "Skies The Limit" could work as a concert opener to showcase Christine, and then go into "The Chain" if they really really refuse to drop it

"Save Me" is an underappreciated Christine McVie gem, IMHO - it's fast enough in tempo, and feels like a classic FM track that even the casuals will get into it!
Sorry To Break This To You, But I Highly Doubt anything from 1987-1995 Will Be Played Ever Again.

However, I Have Been Talking To Dave Mason and We Are Discussing Him Playing "Blow By Blow" on his new tour
Old 03-27-2014, 07:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
With Christine's return, this gives the Mac the unusual opportunity to do a "Greatest Hits" tour with special emphasis on songs from Rumours (they should do all the Rumours songs except Oh, Daddy and I Don't Want to Know--but throw in Silver Springs OMG!!!!). That's my wish! Do you think their "people" read the ledge? Karen, if you're reading: pass it on! We want HITS and RUMOURS!!!!
Stevie already knows (and firmly believes) that people want to hear hits. She knows. This tour will get more of the casual fans and they will pander to that audience. Trust me.
Old 03-27-2014, 07:59 PM
Junior Ledgie

I am thinking that the set-list is going to be pretty predictable, looking something like this...

1. Monday Morning
2. The Chain
3. Dreams
4. Say You Love Me
5. Rhiannon
6. Tusk
7. Not That Funny
8. Think About Me
9. Sara
10. Big Love
11. You Make Loving Fun
12. Landslide
13. Never Going Back Again
14. I’m So Afraid
15. Gold Dust Woman
16. Eyes of the World
17. Little Lies
18. Stand Back
19. Go Your Own Way

Encore:
20. World Turning
21. Silver Springs

Encore 2:
22. Don’t Stop
23. Songbird

I just know they are gonna pull out "Think About Me" or "Hold Me" to please the avid McVie fans, and I think they might go with "Think About Me" to keep with the Tusk theme. I understand that for those who have seen them millions of times, this set list is pretty dull, but for a first-timer like me, this would be a dream! It covers all of the essentials -- and don't get me wrong, I do like the more obscure stuff, but these folks are old. Their music is part of the American Songbook -- they ain't gonna play "Honey Hi" or "Why" or anything from Behind the Mask, they're gonna play the crowd-pleasers. People might not like to admit it, but this is basically a greatest hits tour, especially since they have said they are not going to release any new music until after the tour is completed. Personally, I think "Stand Back" desperately needs to be thrown away -- Stevie Nicks' vocals do not do it justice as a live showstopper anymore, from what I've seen -- but, hey, I could be wrong. I do think "Little Lies," "Stand Back," (if done well) and "Go Your Own Way" will be a show-stopping way to end the main-set!

Last edited by ikelsey94; 03-27-2014 at 08:00 PM.. Reason: I wanted to add something.
Old 03-27-2014, 08:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think we will hear what we've been hearing except they will sprinkle Chris's tunes into the setlist which most of us on here on this forum want to hear.

We never know with FM.They know how to surprise us.

I hope they keep SOTM in the setlist.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 03-27-2014, 08:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think SOTM will get punted.
Old 03-27-2014, 11:35 PM
Senior Ledgie

So it will never happen but I would give anything and everything to hear "Storms".

"Brown Eyes" would absolutely be delicious and I think I would pay full price JUST to hear "Storms" and "Brown Eyes" honestly.

I wonder too if "Seven Wonders" has a better chance given the whole American Horror Story thing. So many casual fans have been really into the song since then and I would love to hear it too.

On the other hand I would absolutely love it if they cut "Big Love". I'm just not a fan and never have been. And I'd be all for switching it out for Tango.

I might be alone in how much I love both "Bleed to Love Her" and "Sweet Girl" and for that matter "My Little Demon" but don't expect to hear any of them. I would love to hear anything (except Murrow or Red Rover) from Say You Will but between Christine being back and the fact that I seem to a weird one in my intense love of SYW... So....

Might pop back in with my full dream list but again I want so badly to hear Storms and Brown Eyes that they could stand around twiddling their thumbs for the rest of the show for all I care. :P
Old 03-27-2014, 11:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by welcomechris View Post
However, I Have Been Talking To Dave Mason and We Are Discussing Him Playing "Blow By Blow" on his new tour
Yeah, like THAT was on "Alone Together".

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 03-27-2014, 11:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeCastASpell View Post
So it will never happen but I would give anything and everything to hear "Storms".
They already did it in 2009. Not like that was a big harmony piece for them. I'd much rather hear "Beautiful Child" with Christine.

Quote:
I might be alone in how much I love both "Bleed to Love Her" and "Sweet Girl" and for that matter "My Little Demon" but don't expect to hear any of them. I would love to hear anything (except Murrow or Red Rover) from Say You Will but between Christine being back and the fact that I seem to a weird one in my intense love of SYW... So....
I want to hear "Steal Your Heart Away" which also featured Christine.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 03-28-2014, 05:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Only Rumours era songs please 1975-1987
Old 03-28-2014, 07:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeCastASpell View Post

"Brown Eyes" would absolutely be delicious and I think I would pay full price JUST to hear "Storms" and "Brown Eyes" honestly.

I wonder too if "Seven Wonders" has a better chance given the whole American Horror Story thing. So many casual fans have been really into the song since then and I would love to hear it too.

On the other hand I would absolutely love it if they cut "Big Love". I'm just not a fan and never have been. And I'd be all for switching it out for Tango.

Might pop back in with my full dream list but again I want so badly to hear Storms and Brown Eyes that they could stand around twiddling their thumbs for the rest of the show for all I care. :P
They played Storms during the Unleashed Tour in 2009. I'd like it to be done again with Christine so agree with you there. Not a fan of Brown Eyes, personally. Seven Wonders could be fantastic - Stevie's vocals are probably better now than they were in 1987-1994 (or at least on par with the era of her singing career during which Seven Wonders was recorded).

I would definitely like to see more songs from Tango in the Night, plus some of the B-sides. Possibly even Juliet instead of Stand Back - not at the end of the set though, obviously. (Isn't Book of Miracles an instrumental version of Juliet?) Some permutation of Everywhere, Isn't it Midnight, Juliet, Little Lies, Seven Wonders, Tango in the Night, You and I (parts 1 & 2 back to back?) would be cool.

SYW is one of my favourite Mac albums too, I don't see why they couldn't include say Steal Your Heart Away and Thrown Down, Christine could probably add a bit of extra intrigue to Everybody Finds Out. Of course the obvious choice if they're going to pick a song from SYW is Bleed to Love Her and that would be pretty good too.

My dream songs at the moment would be The Ledge (would make a great upbeat opener, would also sit comfortably towards the end of the main set), Hold Me, Isn't it Midnight, Little Lies, Seven Wonders, Tango in the Night, Save Me, Steal Your Heart Away, Thrown Down and Miss Fantasy. I'm also hoping that there really is a song called On With the Show given the name of the tour, and that it's not just registered on ASCAP as an alternative name for Miss Fantasy. If I'm going off way out into Alice in Wonderland dreamworld, minimum half a dozen new songs thanks, two from each songwriter.

Yeah, I'm not holding my breath.

P.S. Did anyone else who read the recent Mick Fleetwood Goes His Own Way article (about his love of being on the road/touring) notice that Mick signed off with the words 'on with the show'? This was prior to the tour annoucement.
P.P.S. Ah, here's the link to the article http://www.express.co.uk/comment/exp...ay-On-the-road

Last edited by secret love; 03-28-2014 at 07:44 AM..
Old 03-28-2014, 08:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Had another go:
1. Say You Love Me
2. The Chain
3. Rhiannon
4. Seven Wonders
5. Everywhere
6. Miss Fantasy
7. Steal Your Heart Away
8. Little Lies
9. Tango in the Night
10. Juliet
11. You & I, part 1/You & I, part 2
12. Gypsy
13. Eyes of the World
14. Isn't it Midnight
15. Crystal (Duet)
16. Landslide
17. Hold Me
18. New Christine song
19. New Stevie song
20. Think About Me
21. Tusk
22. Angel
23. Go Your Own Way
24. Don't Stop
25. On With the Show/new song
26. Songbird
Old 03-28-2014, 10:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Here's a setlist I came up with that has a balance of what I'd like to hear and what we are likely to hear. I'm not factoring in any new songs this time, and bold signifies the songs that aren't going anywhere:

1. Second Hand News -- This one worked really well as an opener last year, bringing energy right at the beginning with an uptempo song. I say they'll do it again. Also, I highly doubt a Christine song will start the concert.

2. The Chain -- As much as it would be more interesting to see The Chain come late in the concert, or as an encore, I doubt they change its place in the set. Same for Dreams.

3. Dreams

4. Everywhere -- The arrangement back in 1997 was great!

5. Fireflies -- I doubt they do this, but it would make so much sense symbolically to include this song. It's one of those songs they should bring back and put on a new album in a new arrangement. Kind of hitting the old and new that would make a new album successful.

6. Bleed To Love Her/Tusk song -- I'd LOVE to hear What Makes You Think You're the One to represent Tusk (besides the title song).

7. You Make Loving Fun

8. Rhiannon

Acoustic
9. Big Love (acoustic) -- Sorry, but this isn't going anywhere.

10. Landslide -- I think this would be a very effective encore song, coming right after Don't Stop and before Songbird. But it would shock me if they moved this song from its place in the middle of the set.

11. Never Going Back Again

12. Crystal -- I was hoping Lindsey and Stevie would do this last year. Why they haven't played this song in a concert beats me? Maybe they are afraid of singing it?

13. Say You Love Me -- banjo intro this time?

14. Thrown Down -- I like this song, and would like to see Say You Will represented in the concert. I realized I probably need a Lindsey song here. Maybe Bleed to Love Her here, and a Tusk song in the earlier spot. I'd rather he picked different songs than Not That Funny and Eyes of the World, which aren't favorites of mine.

15. Oh Daddy -- Great song, would love to hear Christine perform it.

16. Gypsy/Sara -- Something has to appear from Mirage. I say Gypsy (or Sara from Tusk, not both, and more likely the former though the latter sounds better).

17. Isn't It Midnight/Hold Me/Think About Me -- I may be wrong, but I don't think Christine is going to be featured as much in the concert as Lindsey and Stevie. Kind of like The Dance if you look at the old set list. I would LOVE to hear these three songs (over Over My Head), but I definitely feel they aren't as likely as the songs Christine played for The Dance: Everywhere, Say You Love Me, You Make Loving Fun, Oh Daddy, Songbird.

18. Tusk

19. Gold Dust Woman -- Probably going to come toward the end of the concert. This was a huge success last year. Stevie was killing it!

20. Little Lies -- I'd be really excited to hear this song, as it's never been performed live with Lindsey. Probably the biggest hit from Tango in the Night. I hope they do it! And would be interested to see if they go for the opening synths or a new arrangement like Everywhere.

21. I'm So Afraid -- Set staple. Wonderfully staged last year with the red lights over Lindsey.

22. Stand Back -- This was in the set when Christine was in the lineup. Sorry folks...it's staying.

23. Go Your Own Way -- Has this ever not been the closer?

Encore
24. World Turning -- Mick's gotta have his moment.

25. Don't Stop -- This is the song Christine is most comfortable performing. Those excluding it....I'm ROFL

26. Silver Springs -- I'm guessing they will do four encores like last year. When Stevie's not feeling up to it, they'll drop this song.

27. Songbird -- How can they not do this? I'm betting it's last.

A few more comments:
- I can see 26-27 songs as realistic. They performed 26 for The Dance Tour. This makes sense when three people take their turns in the spotlight and get time to rest their vocals. Though Lindsey sure will be playing a lot of guitar.

- It would be something if they played through Rumours in order, taking the middle chunk of the setlist. But they have a concert formula (and a perception of what audiences want to hear) and I don't see them deviating from it.

- Sara will probably sit this tour out, as well as Sisters of the Moon. If Stevie does a song from Tusk, I'd love to hear Beautiful Child.

- Also, re: Stevie, I don't think she's up for singing Seven Wonders. She didn't perform that one on American Horror Story, unlike Rhiannon and Has Someone Ever Written.

- I don't think we will ever see Lindsey perform Tango in the Night live. Next time someone sees him in person (and if they really want to hear it), they should mention it to him as a suggestion. It really is too bad FM doesn't offer fan suggestions like the Rolling Stones do.

- I also think Lindsey will not perform Blue Letter because it's not a song he wrote. He probably doesn't even consider it.

- Again, Christine probably won't be singing everything we want to hear, but her presence, just being there, will be incredible!

- Lastly, I wish they would do 1-2 songs in honor of Peter Green or previous incarnations of the band. Just an instrumental, like Albatross, or Black Magic Woman? Maybe Albatross could be played before we here the crickets and the concert begins. That would make me really happy if the band acknowledges one of those fantastic songs in their catalogue, pre-Lindsey and Stevie. Maybe they're saving it for a special 50th anniversary concert??

Last edited by bethelblues; 03-28-2014 at 12:04 PM..
Old 03-28-2014, 12:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Also, here's a very different structured setlist if they performed the entire Rumours album in order. That will never happen, but it's interesting how some songs could work as the first song or the closer that have never been in those positions. Stand Back is used because it really gets people on their feet at the end:

Tusk -- this would be a great opener. They could sustain the instrumental longer to keep it dramatic (kind of like The Americans pilot episode).
Gypsy
Everywhere
What Makes You Think You're The One
Think About Me
Beautiful Child
Big Love
Little Lies
Rhiannon

Rumours:
Second Hand News
Dreams
Never Going Back Again
Don't Stop
Go Your Own Way
Songbird
The Chain
You Make Loving Fun
I Don't Want To Know
Oh Daddy
Gold Dust Woman

I'm So Afraid
Stand Back
Say You Love Me

Encore:
World Turning
Silver Springs
Crystal
Landslide
Old 03-28-2014, 01:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default This is what I would like to see......

The Chain
Say You Love Me
Dreams
Never going Back Again
*****New Song****
Think About Me
Sara
Tusk
Hold Me
Gypsy
You Make Loving Fun
****** 2 new songs********