The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-05-2012, 12:46 PM
Ledgie

Does anyone know when tickets go on sale for the Detroit show? I've heard December 14 and December 17. I thought all the shows were supposed to go on sale on the 17th. Thanks.

Time cast a spell on you, but you won't forget me.
Old 12-06-2012, 01:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I think Fleetwood Mac is too big of an act to play the Hollywood Bowl as its ONLY Los Angeles appearance. it's a magnificent setting, but can't hold enough people. They have too many fans in such a large city to use the Bowl, for just one night. If they were doing 2-3 shows there it would be different. But with one show, you just ensure that not all of your fans will get to see you. People will resell their tickets for thousands of dollars. Scalpers are always a problem, but playing a venue that's too small only makes matters 10 times worse.

Of course, this ensures that their Anaheim show in a neighboring county will sell out, but it's rather frustrating.

Michele
Old 12-06-2012, 02:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

When I downloaded the Live Nation app, I was surprised that they had a list of Fleetwood Mac concerts going back to 1970. I don't know if the list is complete but I know that the concert information on this site is not. I thought that the list that Live Nation had was a great way to maybe supplement what is here.

Also, if it's on a app that I can carry on my phone, that is wonderful, to be able to have that with me everywhere I go.

I don't want to praise Live Nation for anything, but that's really a nice feature to have for its artist profiles.

Michele
Old 12-06-2012, 08:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkmaletic View Post
AND it's cheaper this time around. In 2003, the top tier ticketmaster price for the MGM was $250 each (which I paid). This time around it's $169.

I may be able to swing Vegas if I can find some decent packages, but I am going to Anaheim for sure. The Hollywood Bowl is out for me - those A-holes want $295!!!!! Give me a break.
I don't like the Bowl because unless you're in the pool/pit you won't get near the stage and even then you need to be in sections B,C,D as the other sections are way off sides. Not a big fan of the Bowl period! Over-rated!

Carol-Lynn
Old 12-06-2012, 05:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

If anyone is going to the Houston show, it looks like the venue website has been updated to include the AmEx presale (which starts on Monday!!!!).

http://www.houstontoyotacenter.com/e...vent_1364.php#

Old 12-06-2012, 05:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by carol7lynn View Post
I don't like the Bowl because unless you're in the pool/pit you won't get near the stage and even then you need to be in sections B,C,D as the other sections are way off sides. Not a big fan of the Bowl period! Over-rated!

Carol-Lynn
As a Southern Californian, I find your comments very helpful. I have only been in those Bowl boxes (4 top table). Now I know what sections I need to be in if I get into the pit. Michele
Old 12-07-2012, 08:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
As a Southern Californian, I find your comments very helpful. I have only been in those Bowl boxes (4 top table). Now I know what sections I need to be in if I get into the pit. Michele
Your welcome!

I'm sure anyone in the Pool will be able to go to the stage, no matter where they are sitting, but I'd rather do the Honda Center as it's way cheaper and traditionally everyone in the first 10 rows at the Honda gets to line up at the stage even before the concert starts. Even if they do that at the bowl sections A, E, & F will be behind everyone else-I'm too short and too old for that nonsense. It's hands-on-the-stage and nothing less.

Carol-Lynn

Last edited by carol7lynn; 12-07-2012 at 08:33 AM..
Old 12-07-2012, 02:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It's not worth the money it will cost to go to the Hollywood Bowl and the scarcity of tickets will artificially increase their street value. So, I don't want to go either. But I know that I will be disappointed to have them in Los Angeles and not be there too. That may make me do things against my better financial judgment. However, with my wiser mind prevailing at this time, I am concentrating on Anaheim as well.

Michele
Old 12-07-2012, 08:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It's not worth the money it will cost to go to the Hollywood Bowl and the scarcity of tickets will artificially increase their street value. So, I don't want to go either. But I know that I will be disappointed to have them in Los Angeles and not be there too. That may make me do things against my better financial judgment. However, with my wiser mind prevailing at this time, I am concentrating on Anaheim as well.

Michele
I have a cousin living in LA and I'm debating whether or not to fly out for the Hollywood Bowl show. I'd be coming from the northeast but I was concerned about tickets for the show. It must be nearly impossible to get anything up front.
Old 12-07-2012, 09:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceLover View Post
I have a cousin living in LA and I'm debating whether or not to fly out for the Hollywood Bowl show. I'd be coming from the northeast but I was concerned about tickets for the show. It must be nearly impossible to get anything up front.
Yes, it's impossible to get anything up front and many of the seats in the tiered sections are private boxes. People go to the bowl and have picnic dinners before the show, so those seats go for quite a premium. I paid $500 to see Rod Stewart and Stevie and I couldn't see them all that well. Luckily, I knew what she looked like beforehand!

What I'm saying is, unless you look out and get tickets through the box office (which tickets are in short supply), you're going to pay a fortune for scalper tickets that aren't even good ones, if you want to see the show. Best bet for out of towners is to plan to see them in Anaheim.

Michele
Old 12-09-2012, 11:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

luckily, knock on wood, i've never bought tickets for a concert that was cancelled. but just out of curiosity, what do venues typically do in such an instance? do you get a full refund? i understand each place might be a bit different, but if anyone here has ever had to endure such a thing i'm interested in knowing what goes down.
Old 12-09-2012, 03:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KindOfWoman90 View Post
luckily, knock on wood, i've never bought tickets for a concert that was cancelled. but just out of curiosity, what do venues typically do in such an instance? do you get a full refund? i understand each place might be a bit different, but if anyone here has ever had to endure such a thing i'm interested in knowing what goes down.
Yes, you get a full refund. If the concert is rescheduled, you can still get a refund if you want or you can keep your ticket and use it for the new date.

Michele
Old 12-09-2012, 06:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yes, you get a full refund. If the concert is rescheduled, you can still get a refund if you want or you can keep your ticket and use it for the new date.

Michele
Good to know, thanks!
Old 12-09-2012, 06:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm not happy about the dates.I was hoping for a summer tour which I rather have.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 12-09-2012, 08:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Does anyone have any experience with the pre-sales vs. general sales for shows @ Phillips Arena?

The AMEX one is tomorrow, but being that I don't have any other than a Visa I won't be taking advantage of that. So hoping that I don't miss out on anything great.