The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-17-2009, 01:27 PM
Senior Ledgie

I like Rumours but I think I prefer SYW to be honest, I am still at the listening to all the albums stage and so far i pick and chose when it comes to the other albums, but I don't have all of them so I have to go with what I have downloaded which for two of the albums isn't all the songs.

Old 09-17-2009, 01:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Hmmm...

As much as I have loved Fleetwood Mac over the years, the magic is gone. This last tour was like the Lindsey show which is so not what I want to see when I go. I do miss Christine but we all know she is not returning. However, I will be perfectly happy to have Stevie continue solo. Lindsey's music just doesnt do it for me and if I never have to hear one more hour of guitar solos in a FM show again, I will die a happy camper. JMO...I know it isnt the same for Lindsey fans.
Old 09-17-2009, 01:50 PM
Senior Ledgie

From the Destiny Rules DVD which sorry Lindsey fans, it seems like it is definitely about the money for him. I do like his playing i love his song I'm So Afraid, and Murrow Turning Over in his Grave.

Old 09-17-2009, 02:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~GoldDustWoman~ View Post
From the Destiny Rules DVD which sorry Lindsey fans, it seems like it is definitely about the money for him. I do like his playing i love his song I'm So Afraid, and Murrow Turning Over in his Grave.
Apparently you saw a very different documentary than I did. Lindsey was willing to make Say You Will a double album and eat the extra costs. His two recent solo tours certainly didn't make him any money either. I'm not saying he doesn't want to get paid, but he's no more greedy than the rest of the band, in fact strikes me as less so than certain other members, cough...Mick...cough.
Old 09-17-2009, 02:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
Where does it say that Fleetwood Mac MUST have Stevie Nicks as a member? There was a Fleetwood Mac before she arrived, there was a Fleetwood Mac when she didn't want to be involved.

I'd WELCOME a new Fleetwood Mac album without her. Let them carry on with just Lindsey, Mick & John and add Brett & Neale as full-fledged members. back to an all-male Fleetwood Mac.

Fleetwood Mac is dead....long live Fleetwood Mac.
Because they tried that in 1994 and it flopped miserably. At this point in the game, after 35+ years of history, Stevie is cemented as the face of Fleetwood Mac. If you ask a random person on the street to name the members of Fleetwood Mac, I guarantee you Stevie Nicks is the only one most people can name. Whether it's good for the Fleetwood Mac moniker or not, whether it's to anyone's personal preferences or not, we're stuck with a Fleetwood Mac that includes Stevie at this point.
Old 09-17-2009, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
whether it's to anyone's personal preferences or not, we're stuck with a Fleetwood Mac that includes Stevie at this point.
That's because Heroes are Hard to Find....
Old 09-17-2009, 05:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think that if they put another album out, they'll be able to continue touring at the bigger venues (even if its debatably a bad business decision). If they try to do the greatest hits tour thing again (and again, and again...), I think we'll end up seeing a lot smaller venues, including wineries, and no more international shows. It'll be like what Heart and Lynyrd Skynyrd are doing these days although I'm not sure they even feel the need to put out greatest hits albums to correlate with their tours, unlike those two bands...... I donno. I hope they make a new album but if they do solo works, I'm fine with that, too-- just as long as we get another Mac tour out of it.
Old 09-17-2009, 05:30 PM
Registered

Fleetwood Mac would sooner call it a day if they aren't able to play large capacity/big money venues- after all, that's the whole point of why the group still exists as we head into 2010.
Old 09-17-2009, 05:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm hoping for one more mac album.
I know there'll be another stevie album.

But I wanna say I was a fan when a fleetwood album was released.
I didnt know anything about them back in 03
Old 09-17-2009, 07:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Its very interesting to read everyones thoughts......I don't mind if there different at all.....we don't have to agree on anything.....Personally, I think Mac are 'done'.....the magic isn't there & many other things bother me......I don't even think they like there own music much(same for Stevie solo too)......sorry the set list thing still bothers me.....(same for Stevie solo).....plus the high ticket prices....thats one reason I didn't buy any for this tour & won't again /same for Stevie solo as well.....its not worth it to me......I've paid there way over the yrs through all that I've purchased......Personally, its sad with as much history as Mac has (as well as each solo artist in the band) that they couldn't make the most of what 'they' have. Put out the rest of the re-issues even if it's in limited quanities....(from like 'live' on....with extras) release all your video's/give us some rare live material....which we know exsists. Stevie could do the same as well. Use the Net to your advantage instead of dis-advantage. But no they will keep giving us GHits packages over & over again......thats lame and boring......yes maybe the 'have' to? I have no clue but 'if' they want to do something they can & will find a way but I don't think many of them are really interested in recording anything 'new' at all.......esp Stevie.....we all know what she's stated in the press these last couple of yrs.......not that she'd recall it probably.....anyway, no offence but well it ...is what it is........and there's no going back........
..."There is a legend passed down through the ages...down through the crystal visions...down through the crystal clear-water fountain...the charmed ones remain...They are mine (you remain...ooh)...."
Old 09-17-2009, 07:11 PM

I'll say it again... I think Christine left because she felt they were done too... The magic, the music, the voices... not cute anymore...
Old 09-17-2009, 07:38 PM
Senior Ledgie

Sorry maybe I misunderstood eating the cost thing, I thought it just struck me as being greedy. Why does everyone want Stevie out? I agree that she is the most recognizable an that she is the reason i started to like The Mac.

Old 09-17-2009, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~GoldDustWoman~ View Post
Sorry maybe I misunderstood eating the cost thing, I thought it just struck me as being greedy. Why does everyone want Stevie out? I agree that she is the most recognizable an that she is the reason i started to like The Mac.
I don't think people want stevie out... I think what Chili is saying.. is that FM can still survive without her. And I'm guessing he wouldn't mind seeing that happen...

My ideal line up would be LB CM JM MF... raw four piece ....

all 4 musicians write all the music... dream on jbrownsjr...
Old 09-17-2009, 07:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
Where does it say that Fleetwood Mac MUST have Stevie Nicks as a member? There was a Fleetwood Mac before she arrived, there was a Fleetwood Mac when she didn't want to be involved.
Of course Stevie doesn't have to be in the band, but there's no money in that and really isn't that the whole point of the latest tour, making money?
Old 09-17-2009, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackaghost View Post
Of course Stevie doesn't have to be in the band, but there's no money in that and really isn't that the whole point of the latest tour, making money?
Well, with my line up they could do a small arena tour like Winwood....

of course out goes millions... in comes thousands....