User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-09-2006, 02:24 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD
I'm assuming you meant Walter Egan's "Magnet & Steel".
YES! Thanks, ChiliD!! It's been a while...and I forgot the title! Big Ooops on my part.
Old 02-09-2006, 02:32 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyqm
They actually did play "Don't Let Me Down Again" on the SYW tour. I think it lasted one show. Maybe the crowd reaction was quite quite they'd hoped on that one night, so they just dropped it. They've never performed "Crystal" live, as far as I know.

And I also agree that I wouldn't mind if Lindsey and Stevie each did a solo song or two with Fleetwood Mac, as long as it's not the same old crap they perform every single night anyway. Both "Go Insane" and "Stand Back" can take a rest.

See this thread for my theory that they could perform two completely different setlists on back-to-back nights that would include plenty of chestnuts for us die-hards, while still including enough well-known hits to appease the beer-line fans that they seem so desperately to want to please: http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showth...t=23656&page=9
I just read your post in that thread, and I love, love, love the idea of keeping the hits, but not beating the same ones down to death. I really love the wildcard idea. However, I will admit that I haven't been to the FM concert in recent years - that is - when they were touring for SYW. I've only heard/seen DVD's of concerts, and what I've heard...sadly...is getting tired. As much as I love GYOW...the live intro doesn't fool nor surprise anyone...and I believe it's the same one Buckingham has used for nearly 30 years now for live shows. I love the Mac, but they need to get out of that rut.
Old 02-09-2006, 02:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boots
I just read your post in that thread, and I love, love, love the idea of keeping the hits, but not beating the same ones down to death. I really love the wildcard idea.
this doesn't make sense to me.

keep the hits and have wildcards? isn't that what they did? played the hits and threw in Beautiful Child and Sara and Blue Letter, etc.
Old 02-09-2006, 02:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic
I agree with you, but who said it was the "best stuff..", the band or.. just Mick Fleetwood?

Lindsey did, in the pre-album media hype-a-thon.
Old 02-09-2006, 02:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazmenFlowers

keep the hits and have wildcards? isn't that what they did? played the hits and threw in Beautiful Child and Sara and Blue Letter, etc.
No..they played the same God damned set for 98% of the tour. "Wildcard" means that they play a DIFFERENT song in that spot in the set each show.
Old 02-09-2006, 02:42 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Wink

Quote:
Au contraire. That's EXACTLY what they became by doing The Dance, and, as Jyqm mentioned, too, they CONTINUED being on the Say You Will tour by filling their set with white album & Rumours material and forgoing most of their NEW material that they had hyped as "the best stuff we've ever done". If their new **** was SOOOOOO good, then, if they were telling the truth, they would've promoted the **** out of their new stuff.

Hey CHILId...didnt they do like 7 or 8 songs on the SYW tour from that album...? That's not too bad. Most bands that have that kind of catalogue don't include more than 3 songs from their "newer" albums.
Old 02-09-2006, 02:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
No..they played the same God damned set for 98% of the tour. "Wildcard" means that they play a DIFFERENT song in that spot in the set each show.
ok ok. don't get so hostile. and I don't think that's something I'd want them to do anyway.
Old 02-09-2006, 02:49 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:

Wildcard to me doesn't just mean the songs you've mentioned...it could be Soccerer, or Down at the Rodeo...or a cover song like the Petty ones I mentioned...perhaps some original Fleetwood Mac blues....

Sara isn't much of a Wildcard...Stevie sang it back in 79 on the Tusk tour a lot because it was a hit single.

How about bringing back old faves? Angel? I Don't Want to Know? Do they sing Christine's songs now that she's not there? How about Storms? That's Alright? Book of Love? I mean - I mentioned that I haven't been to a Mac concert in years....correct me if they have been singing these.
Old 02-09-2006, 02:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

1 - I'm sure the money didn't hurt

2 - I will kill over if she comes back for a tour and you have to eat those words
Oh of COURSE the money didn't hurt...can you blame her!

And if she DID come back for another tour/album...I would be MORE THAN HAPPY to eat my words
Old 02-09-2006, 02:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

How about they play something new...something that hasn't been released yet...something that came out before 1975...something that came out between 1987-1997....how about they NOT play the same set list night in, night out?
Old 02-09-2006, 02:53 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boots
Wildcard to me doesn't just mean the songs you've mentioned...it could be Soccerer, or Down at the Rodeo...or a cover song like the Petty ones I mentioned...perhaps some original Fleetwood Mac blues....

Sara isn't much of a Wildcard...Stevie sang it back in 79 on the Tusk tour a lot because it was a hit single.

How about bringing back old faves? Angel? I Don't Want to Know? Do they sing Christine's songs now that she's not there? How about Storms? That's Alright? Book of Love? I mean - I mentioned that I haven't been to a Mac concert in years....correct me if they have been singing these.

I agree..but she can still sing "Sara" pretty well. They might not be able to pull off "That's Alright" or "Book of Love" with what's left of their vocal range. Take "2nd Hand News" for example...I HATE the Say You Will tour version of that. It's wretched. I was very pleased when they threw "Eyes of of the World" and "Sara" into the mix. I am keeping my fingers crossed that they do "Oh Well" again on the next tour instead of "World Turning."
Old 02-09-2006, 02:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
by the way, do you think Christine looks like Boy George in your sig pic?

I'm just asking.
Not really, but if she did a little, I wouldn't be too hurt...after all Boy George has spent his entire life trying to look as much like a woman as possible.
Old 02-09-2006, 02:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

it's alright baby, their doing the best that they can...

all the haters...ehhh
Old 02-09-2006, 02:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brwn_eyes0511
Not really, but if she did a little, I wouldn't be too hurt...after all Boy George has spent his entire life trying to look as much like a woman as possible.
and I didn't mean that in a derogatory way...
Old 02-09-2006, 03:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'll tell you what it means to me. It represents the first tour I ever had a chance to see Fleetwood Mac live on. Very special to me.