User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-06-2004, 02:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
There's absolutely no way that Stevie makes more than Lindsey on this tour. Never. I don't think his manager would go for it and I don't think he'd go for it.
I agree in theory. But, if I was Stevie's manager/agent, you can bet I would have pushed for it unless she told me not to or something like that. Agents have a fiduciary duty to represent their client's best interests, which means using what ever assets that client has - Stevie's is she remained in the limelight, etc. - to put that client in the best position whatever that may be -money, power, number of tour dates, 18 songs on a record, staff, amenities, etc. So, in the end she may not have gotten it, if she even asked for it in the first place. Who knows for sure I guess.

I think FM may have an agreement of somekind in place about the pro rata for touring so they do not have to get into it everytime - that way they would avoid this exact negotiation headache.

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 07-06-2004, 02:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind
I agree in theory. But, if I was Stevie's manager/agent, you can bet I would have pushed for it unless she told me not to or something like that. Agents have a fiduciary duty to represent their client's best interests, which means using what ever assets that client has - Stevie's is she remained in the limelight, etc. - to put that client in the best position whatever that may be -money, power, number of tour dates, 18 songs on a record, staff, amenities, etc. So, in the end she may not have gotten it, if she even asked for it in the first place. Who knows for sure I guess.
Oh, I agree. I'm sure her managers wrangled to the death to get her even one grand more than Liddy Buck. But if Lindsey and his managers did not approve of it, they would have said sorry and would not have signed the contracts, resulting in a modern-day TITN.

Old 07-06-2004, 03:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MirrorInTheSky
Ok, all of this talk about ticket prices and so forth has me wondering about the wealth of the members and their pay structures. Does anyone know how wealthy any of the members are? And as far as payment for albums and tours, do they split it 25% each? Does Mick get more for being 'the boss'? I would imagine that Stevie and Lindsay are fairly well off since they get the royalties for writing their own songs. It seems that Stevie would be the most well off considering the success of her solo material, and I'm sure she received a windfall this past year or two with the Dixie Chicks version of Landslide being the most played country song of the year. Any thoughts?
I guess you are asking who is the most personally well off in the total picture? I wonder if anyone knows the answer. Stevie's had a successful solo career, but, just as with Fleetwood Mac, there's a lot of overhead, including paying (in Stevie's solo tour) the back up band, the back up singers, the crew (roadies, etc), and the lavious manner in which bands live. It doesn't sound like the crew is staying in the deluxe accomodations (according to Cory's reports), but they aren't sleeping on cots in tents. Whatever it is, this band certainly seems able to afford living well on the road.

And why not!? We don't seem to shy from paying for tickets, albums, DVDs, and the trinkets. Some of us have also paid for airfair and some pretty decent accomodations along the way as well. (I guess the difference is some of us have credit cards that are on FIRE!)

Stevie mentions she doesn't have to worry about a new morgage and raising a family. Could be that most of her major expenses are behind her at this point. It's a good place to be.
Old 07-06-2004, 04:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Lindsey has more money than anyone else in the band, if we're talking simply in terms of general wealth.
Old 07-06-2004, 04:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayley
Lindsey has more money than anyone else in the band, if we're talking simply in terms of general wealth.
Even Stevie herself said so. Not only did he get loads of money from the touring, but he also gets royalties from his songs and he's produced many Mac albums. I read something from her where she said he never spent anywhere near the obscene amount of money the rest of them did and that he wisely invested a LOT of his money.

Old 07-06-2004, 04:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I used to think that. But, then Stevie has toured essentially every other year since 1974. Almost all of those tours have made her money. I do not know of any of her tours that have not made her money with the exception of Tusk (and that is from MF so consider the source) and perhaps Timespace. Others may know this though. Also, the DC's made her a hell of a lot of money and she also made money from The Smashing Pumpkins and The Corrs. Other people have also recorded her stuff to less fame. Conversely, LB has not toured nearly as much and the OOTC tour was reported to have cost him a ton of money instead of making it for him. So, while LB certainly is not destitute and probably never will be, I tend to think La Nicks has made more money over the years because she has toured more and put out more product. Whether she kept it - now there is another question But, if there have been none of "those" expenses since she has been clean and sober since 1994, then she should have made tens of millions of dollars from 1994 to 2004. So, who knows.

Again, I think it is fun to speculate and none of us really know for sure.

Old 07-06-2004, 04:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Even Stevie herself said so. Not only did he get loads of money from the touring, but he also gets royalties from his songs and he's produced many Mac albums. I read something from her where she said he never spent anywhere near the obscene amount of money the rest of them did and that he wisely invested a LOT of his money.
I know - but that was awhile ago. I just do not see how he could have leved a year at the Four Seasons in BH I think more than once and not lived an extrvagant lifestyle. But, maybe he has kept a hold of it. I hope so and certainly he made a payload on this last tour.

Old 07-06-2004, 05:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
But, maybe he has kept a hold of it. I hope so and certainly he made a payload on this last tour.
Oh . . . I disagree. I hope he hasn't kept a hold of it and has to keep on working! LOL! It might be a great motivator to getting the boy out on the road sooner!
Old 07-06-2004, 05:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I used to think that. But, then Stevie has toured essentially every other year since 1974. Almost all of those tours have made her money. I do not know of any of her tours that have not made her money with the exception of Tusk (and that is from MF so consider the source) and perhaps Timespace.
The OSOTM and SA tours weren't exactly blockbusters, my friend. I have a hard time believing she made that much of a profit on those tours.

Quote:
Also, the DC's made her a hell of a lot of money and she also made money from The Smashing Pumpkins and The Corrs. Other people have also recorded her stuff to less fame.
She made a little under $3 million from the Dixie Chicks' Landslide, and much, much, much less from the Smashing Pumpkins and Corrs covers. The reason Landslide netted her so much was because it was an enormous hit, not so with any other covers of her material.

Quote:
Conversely, LB has not toured nearly as much and the OOTC tour was reported to have cost him a ton of money instead of making it for him. So, while LB certainly is not destitute and probably never will be, I tend to think La Nicks has made more money over the years because she has toured more and put out more product.
Yeah, but she also blew a lot of her money away on cocaine and I can't see where she made much money from '92-'96, with the exception royalties and such. She made just as much as Lindsey and Chris when The Dance rolled around, so...Again, Stevie has said before the Lindsey got the lions share of the dough and that he invested wisely.

Quote:
Again, I think it is fun to speculate and none of us really know for sure.
Exactly. None of us know, but it sure as hell is fun.

Old 07-06-2004, 05:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I know - but that was awhile ago. I just do not see how he could have leved a year at the Four Seasons in BH I think more than once and not lived an extrvagant lifestyle. But, maybe he has kept a hold of it. I hope so and certainly he made a payload on this last tour.
Yeah, but he lived there during the 80s, if I remember correctly. Stevie's comment was made in the nineties, I think '94. I have to dig that sucker up. She specifically said that he made most of the money out all five of them and a lot of it came from his producing.

Old 07-06-2004, 05:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Like Diss said, Stevie's tours did not all make a ton of money- some outright lost money. She hasn't made *that* much off of those covers (especially The Corrs, Smashing Pumpkisn, Hole, etc- she's made VERY little off those), and her solo album sales have been good, but in terms of P&Ls probably haven't been the most successful. I have no doubt that she's had more $$$ coming in at times than LB, but she's not frugal. He's famously frugal. He started out as a well-off kid, and from what I've heard, has always been smart about investing his cash well.

Combine that with his production credits and royalties that the other band members don't have- on a lot of stuff, Lindsey's made 2X the amount of royalties as Stevie, and even more than Mick & John- he's rolling in it.
Old 07-06-2004, 05:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yeah, but he lived there during the 80s, if I remember correctly. Stevie's comment was made in the nineties, I think '94. I have to dig that sucker up. She specifically said that he made most of the money out all five of them and a lot of it came from his producing.
He lived there then. But, I think he also lived there while he and K's current house was being built. Could you imagine that bill. A suite there that could accomodate his family is about $5,000 a night, which would be about $150,000 a month. I am sure he got a deal because of the number of days, but still, I am guessing $75,000 to $100,000 a month in the 90's and a little less in the 80's AND that is not counting room service, staff, etc.
Can you imagine

Did Law and Order and Go Insane sell well? I seem to remember they did not and I think he toured for one and not the other. OOTC (tour and record) did not not sell well, which is a shame IMO.

Old 07-06-2004, 05:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Like Diss said, Stevie's tours did not all make a ton of money- some outright lost money. She hasn't made *that* much off of those covers (especially The Corrs, Smashing Pumpkisn, Hole, etc- she's made VERY little off those), and her solo album sales have been good, but in terms of P&Ls probably haven't been the most successful. I have no doubt that she's had more $$$ coming in at times than LB, but she's not frugal. He's famously frugal. He started out as a well-off kid, and from what I've heard, has always been smart about investing his cash well.

Combine that with his production credits and royalties that the other band members don't have- on a lot of stuff, Lindsey's made 2X the amount of royalties as Stevie, and even more than Mick & John- he's rolling in it.
How can living for a year or two at the Four Seasons be anything close to "frugal"

I got The Corrs income from something Mick said in a recent interview. he said Stevie made a lot of money off of them or something like that. But, certainly she made the most off of the DC. Again, I heard it was way over $5 million, but others say it is closer to $3 million. So, let's say it was $4

Old 07-06-2004, 05:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
How can living for a year or two at the Four Seasons be anything close to "frugal"
Priceline.com

Plus, since he comes from a well-to-do family, his inheritance probably has been pretty significant, as well.
Old 07-06-2004, 05:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
She specifically said that he made most of the money out all five of them and a lot of it came from his producing.
She said something like the producers get paid first and then the songwriter, performer, etc. She made it in ref. to Mick and John I think and then went on about LB. That is my point though. I wonder if that still is true. She certainly has has success since then. I mean Enchanted was a reissue that cost little to produce and even though it was not a hit by any means, it sold okay. As an aside, I think the most $$$ per issue they have made was off od FM GH. That has sold millions and it essentially was a reissue with little production costs. CHA CHING!!!!!