The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-02-2015, 08:31 PM
Senior Ledgie

Yes, I would welcome the change. Something fresh!
Old 06-02-2015, 09:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

At this point with multiple threads about this upcoming album is getting stale and tiring .

As a Stevie fan.NO.

But I'll still be a fan of FM forever go on .But the shows would be boring without her tunes unless Chris sings some of them.
Chris will make things interesting like Stevie did when Chris retired years ago.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 06-02-2015, 09:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

They're welcome to do it (though they won't), but I wouldn't be interested in an album except to hear Lindsey's songs, and I wouldn't be interested in a tour.

I'm in that very unpopular tiny minority who just has no interest in Christine's songs whatsoever and so it just has no appeal for me. I love Stevie and Lindsey individually, and I love them together within Fleetwood Mac's context, but a FM tour or album without Stevie? No thanks.

"There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die"
Old 06-02-2015, 09:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVielhaber View Post
yeah, I have no doubt she plans to go directly to doing solo stuff and promoting it with touring. "Tired" is an excuse. She hasn't worked harder than Lindsey and he can't wait to keep going. She just wants to be solo is all.
Yes she is very tired - tired of THEM.
Old 06-02-2015, 10:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Although I'd prefer the five of them, I'd be fine without Stevie. It'd give us more of a chance to hear deeper cuts from Lindsey and Christine. Plus, like Elle said, lower ticket costs and possibly better seats.

My set list idea-

1. The Chain
2. Spare Me a Little
3. Secondhand News
4. Love in Store
5. I Know I'm Not Wrong
6. New Christine
7. New Lindsey
8. Brown Eyes
9. The Ledge
10. Never Make Me Cry
11. Never Going Back Again
12. Why
13. Big Love
14. Hold Me
15. That's Enough for Me
16. Little Lies
17. New Lindsey
18. New Christine
19. I'm So Afraid
20. Don't Stop
21. Tusk
22. World Turning
23. Go Your Own Way
24. Songbird

Last edited by Montclare; 06-02-2015 at 10:44 PM.. Reason: How did I forget ISA the first time around?
Old 06-02-2015, 10:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankenstein View Post
Even as someone whose favorite songwriter of the 3 is Stevie I'd welcome this idea with open arms. Maybe Fleetwood Mac would actually be a band again instead of a huge, money-making touring entity.
Feel this.
Old 06-02-2015, 11:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
At this point with multiple threads about this upcoming album is getting stale and tiring .
Oh, you know the truth is, we will probably have at least 20 more threads about this album until it finally materializes, so it's not going to get any better. And if we never get another album, there will be thousand more threads about it and why it didn't happen and why we're mad, until we all die or the website shuts down. So, it's not going to be any less stale or tiring any time soon.

Michele
Old 06-03-2015, 01:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
"Tired" is an excuse. She hasn't worked harder than Lindsey and he can't wait to keep going.
Lindsey hasn't been diagnosed with Epstein-Barr syndrome.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 06-03-2015, 03:19 AM
Senior Ledgie

haha, omg. I'd be fine with it as I'm really only there for Stevie. I'd be happy to follow her solo career and take a break from FMac fandom.
Old 06-03-2015, 07:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by teedeerocks View Post
Yes she is very tired - tired of THEM.
Totally in agreement. She's not exhausted she just wants to get on with her Solo work.....
Old 06-03-2015, 07:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorcerer999 View Post
On the other hand, if she decides to immediately record another solo record and go on tour to promote it instead of recording/touring with Fleetwood Mac, THAT will piss me right the f**k OFF!!
Quote:
yeah, I have no doubt she plans to go directly to doing solo stuff and promoting it with touring. "Tired" is an excuse. She hasn't worked harder than Lindsey and he can't wait to keep going. She just wants to be solo is all.
Yeah, she's talked about Songs From The Vault 2 since before she released the first one. So my money is on her immediately hitting the studio and banging another one out, then doing a Spring/Summer solo tour where she promotes both albums. Maybe, just maybe, after that she will be open to recording with FM.
Old 06-03-2015, 07:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I would check out new music from them but I think they should release solo material instead of making another Fleetwood Mac album if the entire group is not willing. Let's have a proper follow up to "Tango". If Stevie sits out, I will totally lose respect for her.
Old 06-03-2015, 09:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

NO WAY will the other 4 members do a new album without Stevie, not this late in the game anyway.. They wouldn't have the balls to leave her out, and nor should they.. Her band mates have more respect than to pull that one on her..

As we all know, Stevie's plans fizzled out when Christine decided to rejoin the band, the pressure was on again for another world tour with F/M. To top that off the unexpected extra touring dates which almost doubled in size. A major factor Stevie feels like she is DONE, TIRED, over F/M or whatever. So who can blame her for getting cranky, put yourselves in her shoes/boots.

Anyway after this long grueling tour a well deserved break , she'll either record a few songs with F/Mac in late 2016 or go solo, do a short tour promoting 24 Karat Gold
Old 06-03-2015, 10:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie W/Heart View Post
NO WAY will the other 4 members do a new album without Stevie, not this late in the game anyway.. They wouldn't have the balls to leave her out, and nor should they.. Her band mates have more respect than to pull that one on her..

As we all know, Stevie's plans fizzled out when Christine decided to rejoin the band, the pressure was on again for another world tour with F/M. To top that off the unexpected extra touring dates which almost doubled in size. A major factor Stevie feels like she is DONE, TIRED, over F/M or whatever. So who can blame her for getting cranky, put yourselves in her shoes/boots.

Anyway after this long grueling tour a well deserved break , she'll either record a few songs with F/Mac in late 2016 or go solo, do a short tour promoting 24 Karat Gold
So if Stevie says she doesn't want to do an album then they should just call it a day even though Lindsey and Christine are raring to go and have the songs (That they wrote together) to prove it? They also can finish those songs without any contribution from Stevie and they won't be much different. Just because they won't share space with an album with a few Stevie songs doesn't seem like a good enough reason to believe they shouldn't be released. They aren't solo songs either.

Last edited by MikeVielhaber; 06-03-2015 at 11:01 AM..
Old 06-03-2015, 11:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Respect is a two way thing. They certainly respect her but that respect is wearing very thin. I hope Christine stands up for them- she has more balls than the men.

Quote:

Late 2016? When I get exhausted I allow myself a ten day holiday somewhere warm and sunny. I don't get why she needs the best part of a whole year to recuperate (one eightieth of a lifetime). Have a month off dear- you'll be as good as new. Then get back to work.