User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-29-2015, 06:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick View Post
I really hope this is to keep the drama of the band alive. Stevie should look at the sales of her last few solo releases. Girl, you better get on board for this Fleetwood Mac album.
unfortunately it's not.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-29-2015, 11:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Does anybody know where I can find this Fleetwood Mac issue of Mojo?? I've been searching for it and today at Barnes I only saw the Grateful Dead/ Jerry Garcia issue. Thanks!
Old 05-30-2015, 09:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[This is just quotes from the interview, also quotes from what Richard said about Biddy. Hey, click on to see Mick's jacket.]

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/...d-walk-9358479

Rock legend Mick Fleetwood to walk Hadrian's Wall in memory of his mum Biddy

10:00, 30 May 2015 By Michael Brown Chronicle Live

The rock legend lost mum Biddy at the age of 98 in January, and has revealed plans to walk the North landmark in her honour

Rock superstar Mick Fleetwood has revealed plans to walk Hadrian’s Wall in memory of his mother Biddy.

The 67-year-old, who has just begun an international tour with the rest of Fleetwood Mac’s classic line up of John McVie, Christine McVie, Lindsey Buckingham and Stevie Nicks, lost the 98-year-old in January.

And Rumours has it that the star, unless he’s telling Little Lies, will be visiting one of the region’s Seven Wonders.

The trek would take place after the band completes its On With The Show tour, with the final date fixed for October 30 in Australia.

Richard Dashut, who co produced the band’s 40 million selling album Rumours, posted a tribute to Mick’s mother on his Truth and Consequences blog in January.

He said: “RIP Bridget Maureen Fleetwood (Biddy)

“If you want to know the origins to the character of Fleetwood Mac, you need look no further than Mick’s Mum for that answer. From all of the Punters on this blog and myself at the head of that list, we salute the life of one of the most extraordinary women to ever walk the face of this planet.

“This is not Biddy’s world anymore, but heaven has a new Mum and we still have Fleetwood Mac! Biddy, may you rest in the eternal peace of death, you have earned in life and I shall carry your memory in my back pocket, for the rest of my days.”

Mick spoke about walking Hadrian’s Wall in an interview with a national newspaper.

And while the band’s 1970s heyday - and the drink and drug issues that came with it - may be a distant memory, the discord in the group remains, with band members Buckingham and Nicks revealing in the interview that they did not know whether they would all be involved in the group’s mooted new album.

“We had planned on reconvening at the start of next year, but, again, there is the politics,” said Lindsey.

“Stevie has not involved herself in it, and has not committed to involving herself in it either, so that’s something we’re working on.”

Nicks, 67, meanwhile says she is tired after years of touring that has taken in more than 80 dates in the USA, will see around 27 in Europe, and then more in Australia.

“Three solid years of Fleetwood Mac. When that’s done, I’m done. I’m done. I’m taking a long vacation,” she said. “I’ve bought a little house on the other side of Malibu, I’ve owned it since March last year and I have three chairs in the living room, and that’s it.

“I’ve spent five days there in a year. People keep saying, ‘How’s the new house?’ I don’t know, I haven’t been there. I need a break.”

Fleetwood Mac are set to play dates in London, Dublin, Leeds, Manchester, Birmingham and Glasgow as part of their latest tour. For more information visit www.fleetwoodmac.com
Old 05-30-2015, 10:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Next album should titled: Buckingham Mc Vie

I think she's scared she won't measure up to the magic of the other two. Especially of what they are capable of creating together. (Tango)

Tired of the SN BS, screw her and the fairy she rode in on.
Old 05-30-2015, 10:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

So I wonder what the deal with walking Hadrian's Wall is? I've just read a little bit about it- interesting history for sure. But how does it connect to Mick's Mother?
Old 05-31-2015, 02:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

the simplest thing in the world for "these five people" to do.. is ask Stevie for 5 new songs... book a studio in Hawaii, and have it ready when she's comfortable to come in and sing.. The politics of FM with 5 different managers is poison!!!!
Old 05-31-2015, 02:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
Next album should titled: Buckingham Mc Vie

I think she's scared she won't measure up to the magic of the other two. Especially of what they are capable of creating together. (Tango)

Tired of the SN BS, screw her and the fairy she rode in on.
I wouldn't say she's scared of not living up to some imagined standard.
But perhaps she feels a bit jealous of the new-found camaraderie between Lindsey and Christine. It might manifest into a "me against them" attitude, with her casting herself as the suffering oppressed artist and outcast.

Your Tango reference is so acute. At this latter stage in her long history with the band, she still holds grudges like a badge of honor, while everyone else has moved on. Sure, Lindsey is a self-absorbed, obsessive egotist, yet he seems to be more aware of his issues, and thus, is a little more objective and negotiable. We can only speculate what Stevie decision is going to make. I hope she takes off her crown and gives Fleetwood Mac a proper send off by making one last album with them.

This arduous demanding two year tour, while amazing millions of fans across the world, is taking a toll on the band. It's an event that will eventually recede itself into the ether of history and memory. I hope it doesn't sacrifice the possibility for one last album of new music to cap off their long legendary musical rein. Stevie might not give us the answer or closure that we want from her. Oh Well! Let the band play on one last time, Buckingham McVie style. Wait a few years for Stevie to complain and regret why she wasn't involved, finding something or someone to blame, all the while justifying her decision.

Last edited by PenguinHead; 05-31-2015 at 07:55 PM..
Old 05-31-2015, 03:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
I wouldn't say she's scared of not living up to some imagined standard.
But perhaps she feels bit jealous of the new-found camaraderie between Lindsey and Christine. It might manifest into a "me against them" attitude, with her casting herself as the suffering oppressed artist and outcast.

Your Tango reference is so acute. At this latter stage in her long history with the band, she still holds grudges like a badge of honor, while everyone has moved on. Sure, Lindsey is a self-absorbed, obsessive egotist, yet he seems to be more aware of his issues, and thus, is a little more objective and negotiable. We can only speculate what Stevie decision is going to make. I hope she takes off her crown and gives Fleetwood Mac a proper send off by making one last album with them.

This arduous demanding two year tour, while amazing millions of fans across the world, is taking a toll on the band. It's an event that will eventually recede itself into the ether of history and memory. I hope it doesn't sacrifice the possibility for one last album of new music to cap off their long legendary musical rein. Stevie might not give us the answer that we want her to, Oh Well. Let the band play on one last time, Buckingham McVie style.
Lindsey plays the press to SEEM magnanimous, but watch the SYW doc... he's a manipulating control freak still.

I don't mean to argue with you, but that is sooooo classic passive-aggressive... play the good guy to public, but not let go of controlling tendencies.... that whole thing of not giving CLA his demos.... what was that about..?? not like he was going to SELL them to highest bidder. just a way to play "victim" while staying in control, to not let Stevie's mixer do his thing on the songs.

Last edited by johnnystorms; 05-31-2015 at 03:06 AM.. Reason: post was too short
Old 05-31-2015, 03:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnystorms View Post
but watch the SYW doc... he's a manipulating control freak still.
To me Stevie's the one with the problems in that documentary.
She'd be terribly hard to work with. I'd hand Lindsey a guitar
to throw at her.

If I have to read or watch one more interview with her, the Ledge
is going to have to come up with a new emoticon. One with a gun
pointing at my head.
Old 05-31-2015, 03:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Lindsey plays the press to SEEM magnanimous, but watch the SYW doc... he's a manipulating control freak still.

I don't mean to argue with you, but that is sooooo classic passive-aggressive... play the good guy to public, but not let go of controlling tendencies.... that whole thing of not giving CLA his demos.... what was that about..?? not like he was going to SELL them to highest bidder. just a way to play "victim" while staying in control, to not let Stevie's mixer do his thing on the songs.
Lindsey was totally right about the Chris Lord-Alge thing... if Chris was asking him to sign a contract to do all LB's songs. The deal was just to let Chris do a tentative mix of one of LB's songs just so Lindsey and the band could hear what Chris would do with Lindsey's work. It was a trial for Chris to prove his capability.. and if and only if Chris got selected would Lindsey give him more songs.

If you were going to pick a Lindsey "moment" from DR I'd say the moment when he says to Mick maybe I'll take my songs and go elsewhere if I don't like where you guys want things to go.... "after all, I own the masters". Kapow! Or, "I am producing and engineering this whole thing and I'm here every day from 10-7" when talking to Stevie, the implication being that no one else is working as hard as he is on the album. And we don't know what he said during the big blowup over the track listing ... but by all accounts it was harsh... and it seems like Stevie's camp responded in kind and played hardball. His claim in DR that it was ultimately his call to make it a single album is a bit of revisionist history, because Stevie's people didn't leave him much choice.

I think often he's actually trying hard to be diplomatic about Stevie and band politics and all that in most interviews. I do however think that Stevie knows her power in the band is greater now than it's ever been and she/her people are gonna leverage that as much as possible. Does she have reason to hold a grudge with LB? Maybe so. Does it suck that they still can't get their sh&t together? Totally.
Old 05-31-2015, 04:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

well to revisit that documentary, they were harsh to her from the get-go.. when she said I wrote these songs thinking of FM, and Mick told her.. we don't want to sound like FM... they do still seem dismissive of her
Old 05-31-2015, 10:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
well to revisit that documentary, they were harsh to her from the get-go.. when she said I wrote these songs thinking of FM, and Mick told her.. we don't want to sound like FM... they do still seem dismissive of her
I never really viewed it that way. You've got to keep in mind that Mick, John, and Lindsey had been holed up in that house for the better part of a year at that point working solely on Lindsey's songs. On top of that, Lindsey is the creative director & producer of the band- and following Rumours he's made it a point for FM to never aim to sound like FM ever again. So after a year of living and breathing Lindsey's vision, of course Mick (and I'm sure to a far lesser degree, John) were very much dedicated to seeing out what Lindsey had envisioned. They were feeling the creative buzz, so when Stevie came in proclaiming she'd brought in some classic Mac sounding material, I could see why Mick would react the way he did. Which wasn't dismissive at all- just sort of like an excited child saying "but look what we're doing instead!"
Old 05-31-2015, 01:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Mick wasn't dismissing her songs. I think he was pleased that she wrote 4 new songs. He was laughing at her attitude. They had been in the studio working for 6 months and she sailed in and was acting like the recording had just begun now that she was there. He was just reminding her that they had been there for months already thinking about FM, even if she was absent.

Michele
Old 05-31-2015, 01:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
They were feeling the creative buzz, so when Stevie came in proclaiming she'd brought in some classic Mac sounding material, I could see why Mick would react the way he did. Which wasn't dismissive at all- just sort of like an excited child saying "but look what we're doing instead!"
It's just like with Christine. When Stevie was telling her how hard it was on the road, Christine DID listen to her and took her advice and got a trainer, BUT she also told Stevie that she knows what it's like on the road, very well. Thank you very much.

It's natural to push back when someone is acting like what they have to say is paramount, not taking into account the other person's position.

Michele
Old 05-31-2015, 01:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

No, Lindsey did not think CLA was going to personally steal his demos, but you just don't go around giving a handful of demos out to someone who may or may not be working on your album. CLA wouldn't be the only one who had access to the stuff. Everyone he works around would always have access to it. That's how demos get leaked. Aside from that, they were paying CLA -- as Lindsey reminded John. When you are getting test work from someone you limit what they are working on and reviewing, just to keep costs down, for no other reason. I don't know how the music business works, but I can't tell you how many times someone has charged me by the hour to do something that I didn't need them to do. When I sold my dad's house, I completed the sale, I just needed someone to record the transaction, because I did not live in that state. This guy charged me to read the whole sales contract "to make sure it was in order." I was like, Huh?

The last thing they needed was for CLA to be going through a load of demos, just to make a sample for them. And CLA's time was limited anyway. He had another project to start working on.

Michele