User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-24-2014, 01:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeInNV View Post
Right, but does that nullify my statement? Whether last spring or next summer, the band can finish the album. If Stevie joins them, she joins them. If she doesn't, she doesn't. I just bristle at the notion that she holds them hostage.
Yes, they're idiots. They should just release the album. She's not holding them hostage, but she is dangling them on a string. And they should cut it.

Michele
Old 11-24-2014, 05:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeInNV View Post
As someone who believes Stevie is going to record with the band, I pose this question completely hypothetically: Did Stevie ever specifically mention recording when she was longing for Chris? The $5 million, Sheryl Crow....wasn't it all about being on stage and all the testosterone of the live show?
And eventually she managed to reconcile herself to the live performance anyway and seemed last year, after having yet another big talk, to be having a blast.

"And Lindsey and I don’t need a buffer, because certainly Sheryl Crow and not any other woman in this world (is) going to be able to get in the middle of Lindsey and me." [2009]

But yes, it mostly seems to be in the context of live performance, IIRC. Some people seem to be using this fallacy and getting angry because of it:

1. Stevie said she wouldn't do another album with Christine
2. Christine is back
Therefore, Stevie will do an album

The first statement below, however, would need to have been stated if people are going to accuse her of lying or misleading.

1. "I'll do an album if Christine returns."
2. Christine returns

And they weren't.

After that you returned to Fleetwood Mac yet again. How do you look back on the making of Say You Will [2003]?
On Feb. 2, 2002, I went straight from the Trouble in Shangri-La tour into recording with them. It was nightmare doing that record. It really was Lindsey’s vision, and it wasn’t very much about the other three of us. And of course it was also the first record we had ever attempted to do without Christine [McVie, who left the band in the late 1990s]. Right there, the whole thing was completely insane. She is the magic mediator in that band and always was. She’s the one who made light of everything and made everybody laugh and told us all that were full of ****. She was the person who made it all work. So when she wasn’t there, that sunk the boat. I don’t think that my friend Chris ever realized how important she was. Without her, it’s a boy’s club. The lack of Christine is a big, hollow hole in my heart.

Would you be willing to attempt another record without her?
Absolutely not. Not in this lifetime. Why? We already tried, and it did not work. My thing is, somebody convince Christine to come back and do this one more time. I don’t think she’s going to change her mind, but stranger things have happened.
Other pertinent quotes.
“She [Christine] was the voice of reason.” Nicks hunted for another female foil after the tour ended. “I vowed not to do it again unless we had another person who could act as a buffer,” she says. She recruited Sheryl Crow, but the singer backed out when she realized how big the commitment would be. [2009]

"As Taylor Swift would say: 'We are never ever getting back together ever!' That's what Chris was saying… But I'd beg, borrow and scrape together $5m and give it to her in cash if she would come back. That's how much I miss her. I miss her," she adds, "like flowers need the rain." [January 2013]

While the fans might've felt the absence following her departure, someone else was missing her even more; her band mate, Stevie Nicks. "She offered me five million dollars to come back and save her from 'this wasteland', I think she referred to it as. That was about six months ago. I said, what? Only five million? That's not very much." [June 2013]

"There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die"
Old 11-24-2014, 02:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
Her Mom definitely kept her in check. But I think it's a bit deeper than just that. Her Mom's death has seemingly caused an entire attitude change in Stevie because it's really making her face her own mortality. In turn, Stevie's priorities seem to be shifting. She doesn't care much about what other people say about her, or if she's pleasing anyone other than herself. She's doing her thing, everyone else be damned. As much as I may not care for some of her decisions, I understand where she's coming from. Get busy living, or get busy dying.
I agree wholeheartedly.....Stevie has always been about pleasing other people and not stepping on toes. In the last few years, I've seen more of an 'it's about me now!" attitude, and I say "Good for her!" It's her turn now! (Though I think she would be a fool not to do this one last album with the band! Come to think of it, she should probably do whatever they ask of her through 2017 ~ the group's 50th anniversary ~ and then it's her time/turn, plan and simple!).
I think you are seeing Stevie realize her mortality a lot more.....she always used to say she would continue doing this from her rocking chair.....as of late, she seems to be talking a lot more of a "10 year plan."
Old 11-24-2014, 03:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
This thread bothers me a little. I can't help but think that this thread only exists because Stevie isn't jumping on the new Fleetwood Mac album bandwagon. It just feels like people are pointing out her flaws to get her to do it. It's feels a little sneaky and backhanded to me. No offense but Stevie hasn't really changed except that she is enjoying her solo work more.
I started this thread and honestly I wasn't even thinking about the new FM album debate.I was going through some of her interviews on You Tube done recently and comparing them to the ones done 4 - 5 years ago and to me,she sounds so hardened,agitated,and somewhat "in your face" when asked even the most general questions.I know she's always been very direct,and I like that,but now she seems downright abrasive.It's like she's talking at the interviewer,not with them.Also she is talking faster than ever without really listening to or caring about the question.I almost can't stand even listening to her anymore.The first time I thought she was just in a "mood" but now it seems to be all the time(unless she's on a celebrity talk show).So I mentioned her mom's death because I was thinking maybe her mom gave her one of those "talks" from time to time to chill her out.I love listening to everyone's opinion thoughI'd really be sad if I started to dislike her after loving her for so many years
Old 11-24-2014, 06:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by teedeerocks View Post
It's like she's talking at the interviewer,not with them.Also she is talking faster than ever without really listening to or caring about the question.I almost can't stand even listening to her anymore.The first time I thought she was just in a "mood" but now it seems to be all the time(unless she's on a celebrity talk show).
hate to say it but sounds like some old people i know, and especially women after going through menopause (sadly and unfortunately causes huge changes in some women ... another thing that men don't need to worry about ). they never stop talking but they don't have an actual conversation with you and they don't have any interest in what you have to say, they just keep talking at you, whatever they want to say. and get annoyed if you don't listen.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 12-05-2014, 02:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This might not be the best place for this, but I didn't want to lose it. I belong to a "stagehands" group on Facebook, and everyone was supposed to tell their best stories of working with "stars", and their worst. Here's one I didn't want to not repost -

Steve A**** - "While working local security for Fleetwood Mac we were instructed to "stand with shoulder blades against wall and DO NOT make eye contact with Ms Nicks", when she exited the backstage area! This while Mic Fleetwood spent nearly 90 minutes in a tiny room doing a Meet & Greet making sure EVERYONE got autographs and pictures."

Yeah, it's not that bad, but I LOVE that their all instructed not to make eye contact with her.
Old 12-05-2014, 02:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Steve A**** - "While working local security for Fleetwood Mac we were instructed to "stand with shoulder blades against wall and DO NOT make eye contact with Ms Nicks", when she exited the backstage area! This while Mic Fleetwood spent nearly 90 minutes in a tiny room doing a Meet & Greet making sure EVERYONE got autographs and pictures."
They should have had to stand with their faces to the wall, to be sure not to cast their eyes on her visage.

To be fair, Mick is being paid $750 for that meet and greet, so he better be sure everyone gets autographs and pictures.

Michele
Old 12-05-2014, 02:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
This might not be the best place for this, but I didn't want to lose it. I belong to a "stagehands" group on Facebook, and everyone was supposed to tell their best stories of working with "stars", and their worst. Here's one I didn't want to not repost -

Yeah, it's not that bad, but I LOVE that their all instructed not to make eye contact with her.

didn't someone post something similar in the past, but about one of the times she toured with Tom Petty? Can't recall if it was backstage or, I *think* at the hotel(s) where staff were instructed not to look at/make eye contact with her as well…..?

wonder if they have to call her Miss Ross…oops I mean Miss Nicks too…...
Old 12-05-2014, 02:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
didn't someone post something similar in the past, but about one of the times she toured with Tom Petty? Can't recall if it was backstage or, I *think* at the hotel(s) where staff were instructed not to look at/make eye contact with her as well…..?
If I was ever given this instruction, I'd just stare at her anyway. I mean what is the person going to do? Get me fired for looking at them?

This reminds me of Veep when Julia's character got a security (actually Secret Service) person fired because he smiled when she made humorous comment to someone else. But I agreed with Selina Meyer on that one, because the secret service isn't supposed to be openly listening to your conversation anyway. They should remain invisible. You don't see those guards at Buckingham Palace laughing it up, do you?

Michele
Old 12-05-2014, 03:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:

You are full of **** and your hatred of Stevie Nicks seeps out of every pore in your body.
Old 12-05-2014, 05:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
this is not just Stevie
this is tons of artists
if you work with famous people
you are specifically told, do not engage in convo or eye contact
only speak to them if they're spoken to you first
or that has been my experience
Old 12-05-2014, 06:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
If I was ever given this instruction, I'd just stare at her anyway. I mean what is the person going to do? Get me fired for looking at them?

This reminds me of Veep when Julia's character got a security (actually Secret Service) person fired because he smiled when she made humorous comment to someone else. But I agreed with Selina Meyer on that one, because the secret service isn't supposed to be openly listening to your conversation anyway. They should remain invisible. You don't see those guards at Buckingham Palace laughing it up, do you?

Michele

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdb5aIFNy-E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vermBnMAdK8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSoJqdPi4Iw
Old 12-05-2014, 06:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
This thread bothers me a little. I can't help but think that this thread only exists because Stevie isn't jumping on the new Fleetwood Mac album bandwagon. It just feels like people are pointing out her flaws to get her to do it. It's feels a little sneaky and backhanded to me. No offense but Stevie hasn't really changed except that she is enjoying her solo work more.
Newsflash! Nothing anyone writes on the Ledge is going to have any influence over Stevie's behaviour. She doesn't use the Internet. She doesn't know what people write here and honestly, even if she did, why would she care? You really have an overinflated sense of our importance.

Last edited by secret love; 12-05-2014 at 07:04 PM..
Old 12-05-2014, 07:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by teedeerocks View Post
I was just wondering to myself when and what in the world caused Stevie to develop such an inflated head in recent years? She's always had a high opinion of herself but she was tactful about it but now she is just blatantly pompous. I was thinking that it got out of hand right after her mom died.I remember the Nicki Minaj incident and it was downhill from there. Maybe her mom kept her in check and grounded and gave her some much needed "hard advice".Stevie is a sailing ship and her mom was her anchor IMO.Your mom's words effect you at age 66 as they did at age 6.Any thoughts?
Stevie Nicks is a narcissist.

Who can blame her? She's surrounded by people who tell her she's amazing, that she's a goddess and that she can do no wrong.

Maybe her Mum did keep her ego in check. Maybe Barbara was the only person Stevie knew who was honest with her and told her when she did something wrong.

For Stevie's attitude to change, someone she trusts needs to take her down a peg. I am normally a fan of Stevie's music, but quite honesty, some of her more recent songs are absolutely awful: Mabel Normand, Belle Fleur, I Don't Care. Cheaper Than Free is an absolute train wreck of a song.

Christine could be that person who gives Stevie some hard advice.
Old 12-05-2014, 07:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
You are full of **** and your hatred of Stevie Nicks seeps out of every pore in your body.
I'll find a link to the quote, if you doubt me, on the former....

On the latter, guilty as charged!!!!