Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-22-2014, 01:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Stevie's attitude

I was just wondering to myself when and what in the world caused Stevie to develop such an inflated head in recent years? She's always had a high opinion of herself but she was tactful about it but now she is just blatantly pompous. I was thinking that it got out of hand right after her mom died.I remember the Nicki Minaj incident and it was downhill from there. Maybe her mom kept her in check and grounded and gave her some much needed "hard advice".Stevie is a sailing ship and her mom was her anchor IMO.Your mom's words effect you at age 66 as they did at age 6.Any thoughts?
Old 11-22-2014, 08:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

I just think she is in bliss and with all the success lately maybe she is a bit more inflated. She was on the Voice, American Idol, American Horror Story, touring with the Mac, making solo records etc. At this point in her life it is full steam ahead. Most rock stars at this stage just do the best of tours to make money. She is being discovered by a whole new set of younger fans.
Old 11-22-2014, 10:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by teedeerocks View Post
I was just wondering to myself when and what in the world caused Stevie to develop such an inflated head in recent years? She's always had a high opinion of herself but she was tactful about it but now she is just blatantly pompous. I was thinking that it got out of hand right after her mom died.I remember the Nicki Minaj incident and it was downhill from there. Maybe her mom kept her in check and grounded and gave her some much needed "hard advice".Stevie is a sailing ship and her mom was her anchor IMO.Your mom's words effect you at age 66 as they did at age 6.Any thoughts?
Her Mom definitely kept her in check. But I think it's a bit deeper than just that. Her Mom's death has seemingly caused an entire attitude change in Stevie because it's really making her face her own mortality. In turn, Stevie's priorities seem to be shifting. She doesn't care much about what other people say about her, or if she's pleasing anyone other than herself. She's doing her thing, everyone else be damned. As much as I may not care for some of her decisions, I understand where she's coming from. Get busy living, or get busy dying.
Old 11-22-2014, 10:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
Her Mom definitely kept her in check. But I think it's a bit deeper than just that. Her Mom's death has seemingly caused an entire attitude change in Stevie because it's really making her face her own mortality. In turn, Stevie's priorities seem to be shifting. She doesn't care much about what other people say about her, or if she's pleasing anyone other than herself. She's doing her thing, everyone else be damned. As much as I may not care for some of her decisions, I understand where she's coming from. Get busy living, or get busy dying.
There's people that say I've changed after my Mom died. I suppose I have, but in my case it's not because I'm facing my own mortality. For me, I feel I'm probably more guarded, and that could be off-putting to people. ( I am trying to work on that though)
Maybe Stevie feels something similar?
Old 11-22-2014, 02:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkmaletic View Post
There's people that say I've changed after my Mom died. I suppose I have, but in my case it's not because I'm facing my own mortality. For me, I feel I'm probably more guarded, and that could be off-putting to people. ( I am trying to work on that though)
Maybe Stevie feels something similar?
I too, changed after my Mom died. Honestly, I think for the better. I finally started living my life for ME, for my happiness.
Old 11-22-2014, 02:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Most of you know I've lost 3 loved ones in the last 7 or so years and lost my step dad about 11 years ago.I know what Stevie and others here are going through.

I drift in and out of depression all the time.Stevie's music helps me get out of it.

Mom will be gone for about 5 years this coming up February .My Dad left this world almost 2 years ago .My sister has been gone for about 7 years now.

The holidays are the tough times.As I walked through BJ's Christmas isle the other night .I start to tear up.

Yes my attitude has changed.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 11-22-2014, 04:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I've lost both of my parents over the last 8 years so I relate to what you all are saying.

But I'm not sure Stevie's mom or anybody else has ever really kept her from living her life the way she wanted to.
Old 11-22-2014, 06:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Honestly, this little quirkiness in Stevie's personality is one of the things I find so interesting about her. It's really nothing new as she has always had that way about being able to talk about herself in a high regard and not come across as totally offensive. Some may find it offensive but to me she does it well most of the time. However sometimes it doesn't come across as well as it should in her music. I find her use of the 3rd person tense seems to work better rather than 1st although not always the case.

Although I loathe that whole legendary status thing, her career sure is a remarkable success story which really could have gone into oblivion quite easily back in the mid-80's so I'm really very happy she's still in the public eye and really in one of the best phases of her career.
Old 11-22-2014, 07:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

You all must of forgotten the 80s. Big head? More like a zeppelin, but would u say that to Bob Dylan.
Old 11-22-2014, 07:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks everyone for your input on this and your heart - felt responses.I too have lost both parents-my mom when I was 9 and my dad 9 years ago.I totally get the depression during the holidays(and other times)and I often feel selfish when I compare what I'm going through to what my dad had to go through losing his wife suddenly and having to raise 3 kids solo,not to mention the job lay-offs. If I had it my way I would sleep from mid November till January 2nd,but life won't allow it! If I stay busy it leaves me very little time to think about it.Maybe Stevie is doing the same thing.These days she is working non-stop.And Louie,you made me think of Stevie's "Master Class" when she said "time waits for no one".So true indeed.Thank you all for your honesty
Old 11-22-2014, 07:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
You all must of forgotten the 80s. Big head? More like a zeppelin, but would u say that to Bob Dylan.
A statement that will live in infamy!
Old 11-22-2014, 10:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by teedeerocks View Post
Yeah. You're pulling this totally out of thin air since you likely don't actually know her.
Old 11-22-2014, 10:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
good on her.
she's always said she doesn't give a flying F what anyone thinks about her and she does what she does for herself and I've always loved that attitude from her but I don't believe she truly practiced what she preached.

I think she's ALWAYS cared too much about what people thought about everything especially her. Look how long it took her to decide to do IYD because everyone around her was saying the music industry is dead blah blah blah. If she truly didn't care, she'd act more like Lindsey. Just do music for the sake of music and art not how many $$ you're going to rake in.

I think she haS done some reevaluating and good on her.
Like she said with 24KG ... that was her best and if other people don't like it well at least she knows it was her best. And that's all that matters.

Last edited by StreetAngel86; 11-22-2014 at 10:54 PM.. Reason: too much wine. typos.
Old 11-23-2014, 01:24 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
A--- friggin----men!!!!!!!
Old 11-23-2014, 03:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default ok.

so I'm listening - on repeat - Silver Springs from the Dance and reading this thread..

Stevie can enjoy her attitude.. because "I say I loved you years ago.. tell myself that you never loved me.." my ocean crashing girl.