The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-08-2014, 05:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Everybody around the world loves Stevie and the Mac.Except for a few.The few dont know what they are missing. If everybody hated Stevie and the Mac .They or her would not even bother touring anymore.

What ever they do .I hope they make their rounds over there for you guys.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 11-08-2014, 06:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan4136 View Post
Doesn't surprise me, I'm expecting Australia to get some dates too, and maybe even one more swing through the states in the fall of 2015. That means studio time may not occur until after the holidays of 2015/2016. Meaning no album till what maybe April of 2016....
we NEED some freaking Aussie dates
put me out of my misery
come on man. it's been 5 years

probably Nov/Dec as is their norm for us
but i would love earlier dates ... Sept/Oct would be nice

they came come later if they put out a new album between the Euro dates and Oz

Last edited by StreetAngel86; 11-08-2014 at 06:46 PM..
Old 11-08-2014, 07:42 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
It was a stupid comment to make.
It was extremely ignorant to say 'Europe doesn't even like Stevie'.
It was rude to say 'Screw Europe'.
Its the sort of thing that often gives people around the world a negative view of Americans (I assume you are in America).
Of course he's american, no-one else could be so proud of their own ignorance and selfishness.
Old 11-08-2014, 08:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

For the record, I've lived in two countries that are not the USA and have experienced idiots and ignorant comments aplenty in both. Those phenomena are not unique to Americans, Americans have just had a tendency to be the most visible over the past century. Stupidity/rudeness is a people-in-general thing. You can't let yourself get too bothered.

It's a little hilarious that someone would ever act surprised/outraged that this internationally mega-famous band is touring outside of North America with its most successful lineup on what was always billed as a "world tour". Like, who didn't see that coming? But yeah.

Last edited by Dex; 11-08-2014 at 08:08 PM..
Old 11-08-2014, 08:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan4136 View Post
Meaning no album till what maybe April of 2016....
Chances are that WILL NOT HAPPEN...After the 2015 tour Stevie will almost certainly take a 2 or 3 year break from FM and I don't see them (FM) putting out a record and not touring with it so if a new album is not out in 2015 ( before the 2nd US leg or the UK dates) it might not be out until 2018 if ever...
Old 11-09-2014, 03:54 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetAngel86 View Post
we NEED some freaking Aussie dates
put me out of my misery
come on man. it's been 5 years

probably Nov/Dec as is their norm for us
but i would love earlier dates ... Sept/Oct would be nice

they came come later if they put out a new album between the Euro dates and Oz
Perhaps some work in the studio after the European dates before moving to Australia in nov??? I can not believe they will be left out this tour. Like Stevie said, this tour is a huge one......
Old 11-09-2014, 04:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dex View Post
For the record, I've lived in two countries that are not the USA and have experienced idiots and ignorant comments aplenty in both. Those phenomena are not unique to Americans, Americans have just had a tendency to be the most visible over the past century. Stupidity/rudeness is a people-in-general thing. You can't let yourself get too bothered.

It's a little hilarious that someone would ever act surprised/outraged that this internationally mega-famous band is touring outside of North America with its most successful lineup on what was always billed as a "world tour". Like, who didn't see that coming? But yeah.
Absolutely. I've visited the States many times and lived in L.A. for 2 years. I've always found most people to be nice, warm, considerate, welcoming and interested to speak with you. Unfortunately there is a small minority that are particularly insular and jingoistic that do not see past their borders and do no favours to their good fellow countrymen and women. I agree its not unique to America, though.

That said, I'd welcome 2 months off to complete the record before the European tour- it would have been great to have them change up the set list and play a few of the new numbers on that leg. Perhaps they'll complete Europe at the end of June and then spend time in the studio with Stevie before an Australasian leg (there's no way they wouldn't go there this time, surely) and return to the US for an album marketing push in late 2015.

Solo time- early 2016.
Old 11-09-2014, 04:16 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
You have to be kidding me. Get back in the studio. Screw Europe! They only have so much time before one of them croaks and they don't even like Stevie over there.
Are you serious?
1: Your beloved Stevie is the one reason they aren't going into the studio.
2: 60% of the band are British
3: Many of us have never seen the full Rumours lineup yet.
4: It's Fleetwood Mac, not the Stevie Nicks show.
Old 11-09-2014, 05:27 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinmatrix View Post
Omg yes!! Please come to the Netherlands! Or Belgium, Germany or France so I can go anyway.

But if they come is it certain Stevie Nicks will join? If I go it's 99.9% just because of her, lol.
Name me one reason why Stevie will not take part on the European leg off the Tour? I am sure they Will come to the countries you have mentioned....
Old 11-09-2014, 06:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post
Chances are that WILL NOT HAPPEN...After the 2015 tour Stevie will almost certainly take a 2 or 3 year break from FM
That's wishful thinking on your part.

A more realistic scenario is that band will take a little break (3-4 months) and then will go back into the studio to finish the album (which would probably take six weeks, tops). Stevie will give the band three to five songs. Fleetwood Mac will probably only be off the road for eight months at most. Stevie could easily do the second 24KG and do a solo tour. I see a new Fleetwood Mac album coming out sometime in May or June, 2016. With all of the material they say they have, I also see the possibility of another Fleetwood Mac coming out sometime in mid to late 2017.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 11-10-2014, 04:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

http://fleetwoodmac.com/news/231963

Following a record sell out tour in 2013, rock legends Fleetwood Mac are set to return to the UK in 2015 with their ‘On With The Show’ Tour. Currently on the road in the US, the phenomenally successful ‘On With The Show’ tour is presently clocking in at almost 70 shows across the country. Currently performing with their five star lineup, Fleetwood Mac will be joined by returning songbird Christine McVie following a 16 year absence.

The European run will begin on 27th May 2015 at The O2, London and will stop in Amsterdam, Cologne, Antwerp, Birmingham, Manchester, Glasgow and Dublin culminating in Leeds on 30th June. Tickets go on general sale on Friday 14th November 2014 from www.livenation.co.uk

During Fleetwood Mac’s 2013 tour, the four members happily welcomed Christine back on the stage during their show at London’s O2 Arena, where she performed their classic “Don’t Stop” and received a wild ovation from the crowd. “It was so comfortable being back onstage with them as if no time had passed, and then we all started talking and it feels like the time is right. I’m really happy,” she commented. “As far as we’re concerned, she’s never really left. We are overjoyed to have Christine back on stage with us,” said the other members of Fleetwood Mac in a joint statement.

On With The Show European Tour Dates:

MAY 2015

Weds 27 - The O2, London
Thu 28 - The O2, London

JUNE 2015

Mon 01 - Ziggo Dome, Amsterdam
Thu 04 - Lanxess Arena, Cologne
Sat 06 - Sportspaleis, Antwerp
Mon 08 - Genting Arena, Birmingham
Fri 12 - Manchester Arena, Manchester
Tue 16 - SSE Hydro, Glasgow
Sat 20 - 3Arena, Dublin
Tue 30 - First Direct Arena, Leeds

"There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die"
Old 11-10-2014, 04:20 AM
Senior Ledgie

Is this one shorter like previous tours?? Anyway first UK than a few concerts Netherlands Belgium Germany and than back to the UK.
Strange but okay..... Antwerp again!!!
Old 11-10-2014, 04:50 AM
Ledgie

Yes!!! Amsterdam again! Hopefully I can make it to Antwerp too!!!
Old 11-10-2014, 04:53 AM
Senior Ledgie

Looking at the schedule i think more dates will follow. Only 10 concerts in 5 weeks of Europe makes no sense. Amsterdam and London will get one extra thats for sure and perhaps some more concerts in France Germany or Denmark don't you think????? looking at the schedule from a few years ago i can not immagine that this is it don't you
Old 11-10-2014, 05:15 AM
Ledgie

Cool! Any Mick VIP details yet?