The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-07-2014, 11:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Tour is ending 6/30. With the second US leg announced a few weeks ago, this was the last piece. Don't count on extending this through 2016.
Old 11-07-2014, 11:11 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FM77 View Post
Tour is ending 6/30. With the second US leg announced a few weeks ago, this was the last piece. Don't count on extending this through 2016.
So Australia misses out?
Old 11-07-2014, 11:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
November 7, 2014 Evening Times

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/entert...mac.1415365865

No Glastonbury for Fleewood Mac but the band will tour next year

Fleetwood Mac star Mick Fleetwood has categorically ruled out an appearance at Glastonbury Festival - but says the band will tour again next year.

In an interview with Radio 2's Chris Evans, he said the group - loved for their hugely successful 1970s album Rumours, among others - would definitely not be appearing at the Somerset event in the summer.

Glastonbury founder Michael Eavis has already said in the past few days that he has not booked the band for next year.

Fleetwood said today: "One of the things I would like to clear up: we're not playing Glastonbury, and a lot of folks think that we are, so loud and clear that Fleetwood Mac - we love Glastonbury and all the surrounding history of such a lovely festival - but we're not playing it.

"A lot of people that I meet are totally buying tickets for what will be a great show in any case, without Fleetwood Mac. I know that they always have a great headliner, but it won't be us.

"So no bad faith for Glastonbury because it's an incredible festival, I just don't want people thinking we will be playing it, but we are coming next summer."

Speaking about future plans for the group, he said: "We've been obviously on tour in North America and I have had a phone call this morning that I can officially announce that Fleetwood Mac will be touring through May and June in 2015."
That sucks.There was alot of hope that they would play there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by not_the_torment View Post
So Australia misses out?
I would not put the lid on the bottle yet. I will give it time.Something will pop up like everything else with this band.Summer is now or coming up there .Right.You guys probably get them when its winter like us in the states are getting now.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 11-08-2014, 03:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
You have to be kidding me. Get back in the studio. Screw Europe! They only have so much time before one of them croaks and they don't even like Stevie over there.
Well, that's a lovely thing to say isn't it? Cheers mate.
Old 11-08-2014, 04:13 AM
Senior Ledgie

I wonder with Christine back on board how big the European tour is going to be. It has been many years since FM has given concerts in countries like Spain Italy Portugal and Greece to name a few. Normal it is the UK, Netherlands, Belgium, Norway Germany France and Denmark.
Old 11-08-2014, 05:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You have to be kidding me. Get back in the studio. Screw Europe! They only have so much time before one of them croaks and they don't even like Stevie over there.
Charming.

Old 11-08-2014, 05:31 AM
Ledgie

Quote:
P*** off, Jondalar. Your selfishness is unbecoming. Christine is our songbird, we deserve to see her on concert - the five haven't toured here since 1980, I think you can wait two more months for an album.
Old 11-08-2014, 05:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
What an ignorant comment.

I hope they go to Aus and NZ. Feel sorry for you guys after last year!
Old 11-08-2014, 07:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Album can wait till their WORLD tour has ended .. This may be our last chance to see the all 5 members perform live...

I think it best that i keep my thoughts to myself regarding Jondarlar's selfish post , not worth getting kick off this site over.
Old 11-08-2014, 07:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViscountViktor View Post
Yes they really need to play Aus and NZ!

Jondalar, were you in a really bad mood yesterday and decided to take it out on the whole of Europe? That's a huge, inaccurate, generalisation that Europeans don't like Stevie

I re-listened to the part of the radio program where Chris Evans said that it will be a European tour - he definitely says Europe.
(The FM News website is saying UK Tour )
Old 11-08-2014, 08:28 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie W/Heart View Post
Album can wait till their WORLD tour has ended .. This may be our last chance to see the all 5 members perform live...

I think it best that i keep my thoughts to myself regarding Jondarlar's selfish post , not worth getting kick off this site over.
Idk what FM is doing, they need to take a month or so off and finish the album THEN finish their world tour. What's going to happen is they'll play Europe and AU/NZ and then release the album (Which is not great for business) They could have a #1 album if they release the album while on tour in the us
Old 11-08-2014, 11:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Ho Ho Ho....aren't you forgetting 3/5ths of this band are British, and we absolutely deserve our chance to see them...
Old 11-08-2014, 02:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Screw Europe? Do you know where this band comes from? And the bandmember that is the main focus this tour? And why there is no album yet? Because one of the two americans in the band don't want to work with the other one?
Amsterdam sold out two nights last tour. 34000 tickets. With Stevie. So don't be so selfish. Australia deserves them too.

Old 11-08-2014, 02:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViscountViktor View Post
What an ignorant comment.

I don't think it's an ignorant comment when you have people in that band who admit to snorting 7 miles of cocaine or who used to keep a gram of cocaine in their boot or who just had cancer. Yeah, those type of people have all the time in the world to ponder what they will do next. Everyone always thinks they have more time, but with group I seriously doubt it. They need to get their butts back in the studio - as group or as soloist. They are already rich enough.
Old 11-08-2014, 04:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It was a stupid comment to make.
It was extremely ignorant to say 'Europe doesn't even like Stevie'.
It was rude to say 'Screw Europe'.
Its the sort of thing that often gives people around the world a negative view of Americans (I assume you are in America).

Last edited by FuzzyPlum; 11-08-2014 at 04:30 PM..