User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-07-2014, 04:26 PM
Registered

Default the prices are a reflection of what people bought from RESELLERS

and now it as gotten out of control

I got crap for years here and on mick's board from people willing to (or had parents ) pay anything (any one remember the Mick " superfan "club only 150 dollars to join in 2003) .....Bands and Ticketmaster figured that out and now this is no choice ... i now will wait to see the next tour's prices
Old 04-07-2014, 04:43 PM
Junior Ledgie

My friend and I want to go, but we're waiting until the last minute. Worst case scenario: we get nosebleeds. But at least we'd still be there and will hear the band. But what we 're hoping is that these assholes with ridiculously priced tickets will be forced to lower their prices or risk getting stuck with worthless tickets.
Old 04-07-2014, 04:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Toronto sold out this morning only seconds after the buying time opened online.

Wound up getting tickets for Pittsburgh but the seats are awful--as far as you can imagine. I suppose I'll spend the concert just walking around, standing in aisles, getting close as I can...

Anyone else have difficulty getting tickets for these shows?
Old 04-07-2014, 05:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It's crazy. And there were 3 of us wanting to go, and EVERYTHING had to be sold in pairs, so I got thrown under the bus(I've got nothing), and they went with a pair of seats on the side, for $375 each.

So now I either go(if I can get a single ticket!) sit by myself, or just say F*CK IT, and these RIDICULOUS prices, and hope they put out a DVD.

What a sh*tty day. I am beyond pissed.
Old 04-07-2014, 05:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I had initially said I would go no matter what. Turns out I do have a limit. I think I'll sit this one out. I expect they'll put an album out at some point and then tour behind it. By then the novelty will have worn off and maybe the prices will be lower. The only problem with that strategy is their age. They're definitely not going to be improving as they get older at this point.
Old 04-07-2014, 05:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I hope those scalpers have to eat their tickets. I don't get why so many people are willing to pay these high prices for scalper seats. If you have seen them before why spend so much money just to hear the same songs. I wish more people had restraint like some of us and were nit blindly willing to spend the money. Maybe then the scalpers and or bands management would take the hint that we are not willing to pay your marked up prices.
Old 04-07-2014, 05:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs down

ha! 2 "resale" tickets sold through TM on MSG map now, front row right in front of Lindsey's mic, $2400+ each!!

now if someone buys these, and pays that much and then they show up at the show for their front row seats and realize Lindsey requests 30 young girls to be brought up to his mic to stand right in front of these seats, i can only imagine how these people will be pi**ed!!!!!!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-07-2014, 05:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by olive View Post
and now it as gotten out of control

I got crap for years here and on mick's board from people willing to (or had parents ) pay anything (any one remember the Mick " superfan "club only 150 dollars to join in 2003) .....Bands and Ticketmaster figured that out and now this is no choice ... i now will wait to see the next tour's prices
Mick coaxed Christine out of her rabbit hole in the UK for a reason and it's not a new record it's so more $$$$ can be charged for all things "MAC"...

Rest assured this tour is simply a warm up for the "Farewell Tour"...If you think Mick's M&G's are high now just wait... I wouldn't be surprised if they are 2 or 3 times what they are now for the farewell tour...
Old 04-07-2014, 05:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I was first in line for Tix at the box office for Ottawa and the best they offered was row 36 on the floor. I passed and went online and even know you can get floor seats way back so it is not sold out. I even tried going online and buying blocks of two Tix up to the max of 8 and nothing good was being offered. They are simply trying to force you to either pay the marked up platinum Tix prices or buy a bad floor seat. I think as the date gets closer those prices will go down.
Old 04-07-2014, 05:52 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kak125 View Post
totally agree when i was younger i would buy my tickets from the ticket brokers for insane prices and then about 10 years ago or so i started just waiting for tickets and it has always worked out for me. i go to probably 10 shows a year or more and always sit close just last year i got front row for my in-laws for the eagles and 2nd row for michael buble and just recently 5th row for cher etc. the list goes on and on. its really worth it just to sit tight and wait and if anybody needs help looking for tickets at the last minute let me know. i love spending the time looking for the best seat. the way i feel is if i am going to spend the cash i better get the best bang for my buck.
I will be more than happy to take you up on that offer. I'm planning on Pittsburgh regardless of what it costs me. I just don't know how long I can wait. I get anxious about these kinds of things.
Old 04-07-2014, 05:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post
Mick coaxed Christine out of her rabbit hole in the UK for a reason and it's not a new record it's so more $$$$ can be charged for all things "MAC"...

Rest assured this tour is simply a warm up for the "Farewell Tour"...If you think Mick's M&G's are high now just wait... I wouldn't be surprised if they are 2 or 3 times what they are now for the farewell tour...
I don't believe that at all. This isn't something orchestrated by Mick. If it was he probably wouldn't have gone on tour last year and put out new music when they could've waited and done all of that with Christine. From what I've read this whole reunion thing was initiated by Christine.
Old 04-07-2014, 06:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kak125 View Post
totally agree when i was younger i would buy my tickets from the ticket brokers for insane prices and then about 10 years ago or so i started just waiting for tickets and it has always worked out for me. i go to probably 10 shows a year or more and always sit close just last year i got front row for my in-laws for the eagles and 2nd row for michael buble and just recently 5th row for cher etc. the list goes on and on. its really worth it just to sit tight and wait and if anybody needs help looking for tickets at the last minute let me know. i love spending the time looking for the best seat. the way i feel is if i am going to spend the cash i better get the best bang for my buck.
I would love to take you up on that offer. I want to see the D.C show on Oct 31. I will PM you the closer we get to the date. Thanks for offering to help people!
Old 04-07-2014, 06:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I wonder if John getting sick had something to do with Christine wanting to rejoin the band full-time. Kind of serving as the impetus, making her realize she might not get another chance to ever play with all of her old friends again.
Old 04-07-2014, 06:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
ha! 2 "resale" tickets sold through TM on MSG map now, front row right in front of Lindsey's mic, $2400+ each!!

now if someone buys these, and pays that much and then they show up at the show for their front row seats and realize Lindsey requests 30 young girls to be brought up to his mic to stand right in front of these seats, i can only imagine how these people will be pi**ed!!!!!!

I was JUST thinking that exact thought.

$2400?? Jeez. I know the prices will go down, but still. I didn't even try for tickets today on Ticketmaster. I plan to wait it out this time, and if something comes up later (at the face-value price) and I happen to be logged on TM at the right time, then I'll go for it. If not, I'll just get some cheaper seats and go there just to hear the music and not worry about being up front so much. These prices are a huge turn off.

- ( I never thought I'd hear myself say THAT.)

Jamie
Old 04-07-2014, 06:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
It's crazy. And there were 3 of us wanting to go, and EVERYTHING had to be sold in pairs, so I got thrown under the bus(I've got nothing), and they went with a pair of seats on the side, for $375 each.

So now I either go(if I can get a single ticket!) sit by myself, or just say F*CK IT, and these RIDICULOUS prices, and hope they put out a DVD.

What a sh*tty day. I am beyond pissed.

Same here. We were trying to get 3 tickets and nada. I guess we'll try the day of. Probably will end up with nosebleeds.