User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-05-2014, 12:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FM77 View Post
Why don't you just buy tickets with the regular on-sales that happen on Monday? Just because a few people here bought VIP tickets doesn't mean there aren't any left! I wouldn't pay $750 either but nobody has to, to see the show. Something is "worth" what someone is willing to pay for it. Free marketplace. FM didn't invent that.
while that's all true, regular ticket prices for ok seats are $200+. while that may seem insignificant to people who have tons of money, it's not to regular people.

and do i want to see the show from the back of the arena where i can barely even see the video screens? no, even the bands i go to see just out of curiosity - i made that mistake once, and i'd rather watch youtube clips than pay $60+ for that.

also, if they had a new album out by then and play 6 new songs, i'd be excited and i'd want to see that! but another oldies tour - i've heard Stevie's and Lindsey's oldies way too many times last year. the only reason to see this tour is to see the 5 together and to hear Christine's oldies that will be added to the mix. might as well go to the restroom during SN's and LB's songs.

i've watched Bruce Springsteen doc about his new album (granted not studio, but still - he's the same age as LB and this is his 18th album) and was thinking how great it was to hear live these different songs from him, which still sound so Bruce. he toured 2 years ago. he toured last year. he's touring now. worth catching every time, shows are different. not so with FM. no respect for fans whatsoever. just grab the money, and maybe here and there throw in a bone like SOTM last year and everybody has to be delighted with that. sorry. no.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-05-2014, 02:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Post Ita

with what Elle said. I'm nearsighted as it is anyway & I don't want to sit in the back of an area, mostly watching the show on a screen. I'm definitely not happy with the ticket prices, but I swore that I'd try & see them again if Chris joined them new album or not. If I can't get good seats (& by good I mean either like Row 6 to maybe 10 on the Floor or Lower Level right Lindsey side not too far up), then it will be a YouTube concert for me!

Lee
Old 04-05-2014, 02:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[QUOTE=olive;1125128]because those seat will be priced the floor to the middle and up the side lodge/ club seats will all be at PLATINUM PRICES the last few rows and the back of the arena will be at regular prices i am not paying for bragging rights or to fill an emptiness with in just for a chance at a decent seat

Those seats are NOT all going to sell at platinum pricing. Somebody will be buying those seats at $190. These shows are so far out that there is no need to buy a bad seat if that isn't what you want. As the shows get closer, these tix will drop or become available. Lots of people on this board have purchased these tix the day of show or a few days before.
Old 04-05-2014, 03:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Those seats are NOT all going to sell at platinum pricing. Somebody will be buying those seats at $190. These shows are so far out that there is no need to buy a bad seat if that isn't what you want. As the shows get closer, these tix will drop or become available. Lots of people on this board have purchased these tix the day of show or a few days before.
well, since you seem to be getting comped tix you probably haven't been following the sales (presales really). but i have, for several venues close to me.

DC show sold about 200 platinum tickets so far, during presales, none of them for less than ~$700/ticket. they are going like hotcakes. last year i think they sold 40-50 plats all together, for DC show.

aren't drops mostly when tickets held for plats and mick's and scalper and band-held tickets don't sell so they go back into the pot? at the rate these plats and mick's are selling, i don''t really see much going back into the pot.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-05-2014, 04:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It's obscene.
I think I paid $15 on the Tusk tour and maybe
closet to $20 on the Mirage tour.

100 bucks is reasonable in 2014,
But $200+ for a single ticket is extreme.
Bruce Springsteen is the only big arena
act that gives a **** about ticket prices.

On the bright side, it does cut down on
the drunk riff raff that often ruin arena shows.
Old 04-05-2014, 04:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

You guys should buy tix for PHX. No way are they selling 200 VIP tix for that market.

I agree that $750 is ridiculous for a ticket, but I don't fault people who buy them.
Old 04-05-2014, 04:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You guys should buy tix for PHX. No way are they selling 200 VIP tix for that market.

I agree that $750 is ridiculous for a ticket, but I don't fault people who buy them.
yeah smaller markets will probably be the only chance, if you live close to them. with travel and hotel and days i'd have to take off from work PHX would be more for me than plats for DC, so that doesn't really help much.

plus no way am i seeing anything related to FM in SN's home city.

Old 04-05-2014, 04:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
yeah smaller markets will probably be the only chance, if you live close to them. with travel and hotel and days i'd have to take off from work PHX would be more for me than plats for DC, so that doesn't really help much.

I am surprised they didn't do two shows in some of these markets. I guess they opted for the VIP structure instead. Less work, same money maybe.
Old 04-05-2014, 06:02 PM
Ledgie

Actually there are many people in AZ who will spend $200+ for Fleetwood Mac and they have has always sold very well in Arizona, especially Phoenix. Many of us have been following their career since Stevie's family owned Compton Terrace and good seats have been hard to find in that market for 40 years (they usually go to the resale market as soon as they go on sale). I tried to find good seats the minute presale started for Phoenix (my first choice city) and couldn't find anything worthwhile. Just checked and there weren't any VIP tickets left for Phx. but platinum tickets are selling for around $800 and up. If you're trying to save money, you might want to check out other cities.
Old 04-05-2014, 06:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post

Sometimes you still have the ability to surprise me, Elle. Just think of Lindsey's connection/s to the place instead, lol. You'll cope - with a little courage and fortitude!

LB: "So, there is a common bond we share with this place, and there’s also a sense of eternal return to this place."

"There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die"
Old 04-05-2014, 06:09 PM
Ledgie

I just re-read the comments about Phoenix. Sorry, I thought the comment was that people wouldn't pay $200, not 200 VIP tickets. They can't be selling 200 VIP tickets, can they? From last year's descriptions, there were only about 40 people and that included people in the first 10 rows, not first 5.

The point I was trying to make is that Fleetwood Mac and Stevie have a very loyal following who will gladly pay to see them--even if it is $750 (despite that amount being ridiculous).
Old 04-05-2014, 06:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TsnFan4Ever View Post
I just re-read the comments about Phoenix. Sorry, I thought the comment was that people wouldn't pay $200, not 200 VIP tickets. They can't be selling 200 VIP tickets, can they? From last year's descriptions, there were only about 40 people and that included people in the first 10 rows, not first 5.

The point I was trying to make is that Fleetwood Mac and Stevie have a very loyal following who will gladly pay to see them--even if it is $750 (despite that amount being ridiculous).
i think they are selling about 20 Mick's VIP tickets / show.

but we were talking about platinum tickets which for DC were starting at like $695 and so far go up to $1850. average price was $800-900 and so far they sold about 6 times 15 pairs of those. so almost 200 individual tickets for about $800-900 each. if you check right now, you have platinums for floor 3 in DC, 10th row, offered for $750 each.

Old 04-05-2014, 06:22 PM
Ledgie

Thanks, Elle! It was a little confusing because both platinum and VIP tickets were used in the exchange. Platinum prices are really ridiculous. I can't bring myself to buy secondary market--based on the principle alone.

Let's hope the two nights in LA mean a concert DVD.
Old 04-05-2014, 06:28 PM
Ledgie

Here's another thought: why don't all of you come out here to San Diego and we can go to the show together? The first of December is beautiful in So. Cal.
Old 04-05-2014, 07:14 PM
Senior Ledgie

Regarding the platinum tickets: what's the reason they're priced so ridiculously high, other than location? I mean, I really find it hard to justify paying $1,000 for a seat in the first 5 rows without any other benefits. At least with the VIP package you get something else, even if it still doesn't really make it worth $750...