User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-16-2014, 12:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

God, I love the information age.

That last pic really impresses me... it looks like the Recorder has changed very little since the Tusk Documentary. For some reason I expected it to be totally unrecognizable inside.
Old 03-16-2014, 01:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm with you. I love that everyday there is an update. I feel like we are part of the process. I think about the "old days" when you had to rely on print that published only when there was an official story.
Old 03-16-2014, 01:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Studio D from the Village web site...^^^

Looking at the picks of "Studio D" on the Village web site The Village and the recently posted picks ^^^ it looks like it is indeed Studio D...

Last edited by BlueDenimLamp; 03-16-2014 at 02:30 PM..
Old 03-16-2014, 01:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Those drums are clearly set up for recording. If you go to the engineers (who took the photos) instagram page he says he was hanging out in the rehearsal room this morning. Mick said recording in march, they are at the Village recorders so it has begun. I live fairly close to the studio (10 minute drive). Maybe Ill stalk! Ha
Old 03-16-2014, 01:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Secondhandchain if you have the opportunity to walk over there, why not?!?!?! haha

Can I just remind everybody how unfreaking believable this all is?!?!?!??!!

http://youtu.be/ReVOBIHDrXQ?t=53s

I absolutely cannot believe it, I am ecstatic and overwhelmed.
Old 03-16-2014, 01:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

soooo.... exciting! love those pics of the equipment in the studio!
Old 03-16-2014, 01:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Wow, this is so freaking AMAZING, I'm so EXCITED to get some new music from them.

I wonder if they are going to record like they did with the Rumors album, where they record for a few months then go out on the road and do a few shows and then they go back into the studio and record some more or if they are going to record straight through like they did with SYW and then tour.

I guess that's why Stevie said they were going to start rehearsals for the tour at the end of summer and then kinda took it back, because if they record straight through they may not be done recording by the end of summer and right now they're not sure when they are going to be able to tour again.
Old 03-16-2014, 02:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I really don't think it's going to take that long. They're all sober now, they seem to have the same goals for this project, and there's a lot less personal drama, so they should be able to go in and just get it done. This might very well may be the first album where everybody is excited to be making a record together.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 03-16-2014, 02:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
Those drums are clearly set up for recording. If you go to the engineers (who took the photos) instagram page he says he was hanging out in the rehearsal room this morning. Mick said recording in march, they are at the Village recorders so it has begun. I live fairly close to the studio (10 minute drive). Maybe Ill stalk! Ha
Lucky you...Google says Stevie lives 1* minutes from the village and I think LB is closer than that so stalk away (don't forget the pictures)...Maybe you can get an autograph from one of the band members on the restraining order...
Old 03-16-2014, 02:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post
Lucky you...Google says Stevie lives 1* minutes from the village and I think LB is closer than that so stalk away (don't forget the pictures)...Maybe you can get an autograph from one of the band members on the restraining order...
Problem is, I bet they are on a regular schedule with weekends off. I imagine they don't get into the studio until late am. Oh wait, that means they probably get out around 8pm. I'm off work most nights at 7. I may just take a ride past tomm night! I'll report back.
Old 03-16-2014, 03:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
Problem is, I bet they are on a regular schedule with weekends off. I imagine they don't get into the studio until late am. Oh wait, that means they probably get out around 8pm. I'm off work most nights at 7. I may just take a ride past tomm night! I'll report back.
I see them keeping regular hours...I don't think LB can stay out late without getting in trouble...I suspect Mrs. Buckingham will probably keep a close watch on him if Stevie is at the Village...
Old 03-16-2014, 04:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
I really don't think it's going to take that long. They're all sober now, they seem to have the same goals for this project, and there's a lot less personal drama, so they should be able to go in and just get it done.
True, but it took Stevie a year to make IYD and she was having the time of her life making that CD and I seem to remember reading Lindsey said it took him about 9 months to record SWS, which I think is a record for him.

I agree it shouldn't take a year to record the new CD (download or what ever they decide to make it) but this is still FM and even though everyone's on board and happy about it. Old habits die hard sometimes.
Old 03-16-2014, 04:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Just passed by the studio. Parking lot is pretty empty, though the studio is open. The door which is right on the street, is open and you can see a bunch of gold albums on the walls. Once anyone has any info on their hours, I may try and go over after work. Oh and I took the photo today of that famous mural. Still there but faded. Really cool to see it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg villlage3.JPG (36.3 KB, 44 views)
Old 03-16-2014, 04:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Remember folks much of this music has already been recorded. It's Stevie's and Christine songs that need to be done in addition to adding Stevie and Christine's vocals to what has already been done.
Old 03-16-2014, 04:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeshere View Post
True, but it took Stevie a year to make IYD and she was having the time of her life making that CD and I seem to remember reading Lindsey said it took him about 9 months to record SWS, which I think is a record for him.

I agree it shouldn't take a year to record the new CD (download or what ever they decide to make it) but this is still FM and even though everyone's on board and happy about it. Old habits die hard sometimes.
She was writing In Your Dreams at the same time. Lindsey wrote and recorded SWS in 9 months. Now they have 5 LB songs, written AND recorded, about 8 demo's from CM, written to record, and maybe SN has three or four demo's. They can record the **** in three months, why not. The new Drive By Truckers album is, based on demo's, a 14 track album recorded in 13 days in the studio. FM can do twelve songs in 12 weeks.