Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-13-2014, 04:53 AM
Ledgie

Default I think Fleetwood Mac should do a James Bond title song

Seriously. I'm an absolute massive Bond fan. I'm a member of a Bond forum and was participating in a "artists you're surprised never did a title song" thread in the music section.

The subject of the Mac came up and a lot of people were like "Oh yeah man, they would've ACED it" and "How come that never happened" and all this stuff...
and I commented "You know, these guys are in such rude health and still so popular - the probably STILL could!"

I actually think there is some time left! If Christine McVie is really rejoining the band she and Stevie Nicks would definitely need to sing this one together with Lindsey Buckingham providing backup on the chorus.

You guys never know, someone at EON may see this and get an idea!
Old 01-13-2014, 05:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickenStu View Post
Seriously. I'm an absolute massive Bond fan. I'm a member of a Bond forum and was participating in a "artists you're surprised never did a title song" thread in the music section.

The subject of the Mac came up and a lot of people were like "Oh yeah man, they would've ACED it" and "How come that never happened" and all this stuff...
and I commented "You know, these guys are in such rude health and still so popular - the probably STILL could!"

I actually think there is some time left! If Christine McVie is really rejoining the band she and Stevie Nicks would definitely need to sing this one together with Lindsey Buckingham providing backup on the chorus.

You guys never know, someone at EON may see this and get an idea!
You have lots of good ideas I like this one

I much prefer the idea of them doing a Bond title song, to them playing at Glastonbury for example.
Old 01-13-2014, 10:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Yes, Fleetwood Mac MUST do a Bond song. The individual members' soundtrack contributions are very underrated. What a brilliant capper this would be!

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 01-13-2014, 11:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

The Bond idea is a good one ("Diamonds Are Forever"), but I'd prefer seeing a burlesque number in satin gowns of "Diamonds Are a Girl's Best Friend." Nicks and McVie would bring down the house.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 01-13-2014, 02:14 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
Yes, Fleetwood Mac MUST do a Bond song. The individual members' soundtrack contributions are very underrated. What a brilliant capper this would be!
Yes and wouldn't it just be an awesome time in the band's career for it?
Old 01-13-2014, 02:15 PM
Ledgie

I've never understood why they haven't done a Bond theme. Though at the height of their popularity, the Bond franchise was waining slightly (Anyone else think that The Spy Who Loved Me and Moonraker were basically the same plot but with different settings? Lol) I think Christine would've done a fantastic job with License to Kill though. With Stevie on harmony and a killer solo from Rick Vito (I'm talking at the time here) I'm not sure about nowadays though. I think they could pull a theme off.
Old 01-13-2014, 02:20 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureGames71 View Post
I've never understood why they haven't done a Bond theme. Though at the height of their popularity, the Bond franchise was waining slightly (Anyone else think that The Spy Who Loved Me and Moonraker were basically the same plot but with different settings? Lol) I think Christine would've done a fantastic job with License to Kill though. With Stevie on harmony and a killer solo from Rick Vito (I'm talking at the time here) I'm not sure about nowadays though. I think they could pull a theme off.
The interesting thing is here - there are two directions they could go in. With Christine McVie and/or Stevie Nicks singing - they could go for that diva kind of Bond tune. Something akin to the Shirley Bassey, Gladys Knight, Carly Simon, Tina Turner, Adelle kinda thing.

However, if Lindsey Buckingham takes the lead we could have a rocker in the style of Wings, A-ha, Chris Cornell, Jack White & Alicia Keys.

Fleetwood Mac could do BOTH!!! Can't say that about many bands can you?