User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-22-2014, 04:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Yeah, I totally believe they go back and forth. Thanks for posting, I had not seen that quote before.
This members of this band revise and re-revise their history so much that it's really hard to know who to believe (and I'm sure everyone had a different opinion), but in order of believability for me it kinda goes like this:

1) John/Christine
2) Lindsey
3) Mick
4) Stevie
Old 03-22-2014, 05:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeshere View Post
Not sure if I agree it evolved...I know Lindsey comments regarding Christine in the past were a little sharp, but that's the way he talks. Depending on his mood at the time he's being interviewed he can be very blunt and not pull any punches or be very philosophical and sweet. It's just the way he is, it's the way he's always been.
Yes, depending on his mood. In my view, his mood was scorned. There are things Lindsey says when he's angry that he doesn't when he's not. He can be blunt, but he exercises diplomacy. Just as we've seen with Stevie, he says some things when he's not trying to ingratiate himself with her that he wouldn't when he is.

If he wasn't bitter when Christine left, I don't think he would have made some of the comments that he did. And I interpreted his comments the same way I interpreted hers about him after he left.

It doesn't even matter if they felt the comments are true or not. My point is, they wouldn't say them if they weren't a bit angry, even if they'd always believed them secretly. Both Christine and Lindsey seemed to exhibit "sour grapes" behavior in the wake of the other's departure.

It's like Stevie saying that she and Lindsey let it all out in 1987, everything they'd held back in case they might get back together was thrown out in the big fight. I think jabs were made when Christine left that said to me that he wasn't as happy to have 30% more room as he kept saying he was.

Plus, I think the vibe felt like even Stevie was a little miffed at Christine for awhile. There was a petulance, 'well, if that's what Christine wants, that's what she gets'. A sense that everyone felt a little rejected.

Michele
Old 03-22-2014, 06:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
There was a petulance, 'well, if that's what Christine wants, that's what she gets'. A sense that everyone felt a little rejected.
Rejected, or miffed at the lost business opportunities? I suspect a bit of both.
Old 03-22-2014, 08:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Rejected, or miffed at the lost business opportunities? I suspect a bit of both.
Well, when the Dance ended, I think they were thinking of the lost money. They could have gotten millions if they'd toured in 1998 and I think they were all cognizant of the financial waste. But then years passed.

By 2003 they were still planning a big tour and I don't think any promoter told them they would get less money because of Christine's absence. So, no I don't think they were worried about the loss revenue so much. I think they just couldn't believe she would stay away from them and that her wanting out wasn't a passing phase. I think it was more personal than monetary.

Michele
Old 03-22-2014, 10:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1
I think they just couldn't believe she would stay away from them and that her wanting out wasn't a passing phase. I think it was more personal than monetary.
That should not have been a surprise. She quit touring in 1990, and made it known why she was sick of it. Some of her songs on "Time" made it clear she was "music'd out". If they could not see that her presence in the band was limited, then they were fools. It seemed obvious to me, and I'm guessing a lot of other people who were paying attention, that she was just going out on top. And who could blame her for that?

However, that Billy Burnette was on ITM only strengthens the argument that Christine wasn't as upset about the band's personnel choices as she was just sick of touring. Stevie and Lindsey shouldn't flatter themselves so much, and Mick and John should have known better

THE Stephen Hopkins

Last edited by SteveMacD; 03-22-2014 at 10:08 PM..
Old 03-23-2014, 12:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post

However, that Billy Burnette was on ITM only strengthens the argument that Christine wasn't as upset about the band's personnel choices as she was just sick of touring. Stevie and Lindsey shouldn't flatter themselves so much, and Mick and John should have known better
Well, I don't think people feel she disliked Billy or Rick.

Michele
Old 03-23-2014, 12:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeshere View Post
This members of this band revise and re-revise their history so much that it's really hard to know who to believe (and I'm sure everyone had a different opinion), but in order of believability for me it kinda goes like this:

1) John/Christine
2) Lindsey
3) Mick
4) Stevie

That made me laugh.

I believe on most peoples list of believability
Stevie and Mick would be at the bottom.
Old 03-24-2014, 02:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post
That made me laugh.

I believe on most peoples list of believability
Stevie and Mick would be at the bottom.
They're both drama queens, and live in a fantasy world.
Old 03-29-2014, 04:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 03-29-2014, 07:01 PM

Thumbs up

The new term is BuckVie's.

the BuckVie's are making the shippers mad right now!!!
Old 03-29-2014, 07:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Now, we'll have to wait and see where Lindsey spends Stand Back. Will he be making audience contact or will he be perched next to Christine?

Won't it be wonderful to have Christine on the floor again for Tusk?

I don't like World Turning that much, but Mick needs a drum solo and I guess it will be nice to have Christine singing her half of that.

She'll probably sing on I'm So Afraid again too.

Michele
Old 03-29-2014, 08:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Well, I don't think people feel she disliked Billy or Rick.
By all accounts, she got on well with them, and she's pals with Billy. I was just saying Lindsey and Stevie being gone didn't affect her decision to hang it up (if anything, Christine's decision affected Stevie's decision to quit). That decision had already been made independently of personnel changes. There was an opportunity in 1997 to go out on top, and she chose that, giving us a real gift.

Luckily for us, she decided that retirement sucks.

THE Stephen Hopkins

Last edited by SteveMacD; 03-29-2014 at 08:37 PM..
Old 03-30-2014, 12:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
The new term is BuckVie's.

the BuckVie's are making the shippers mad right now!!!
"BuckVie" doesn't really roll off the tongue, with its two stressed syllables. Perhaps McBucks?

Although I've always found the desire in fandoms to combine derivatives of couples' names to be bizarre. When did that start? With "Brangelina"?

Old 03-30-2014, 01:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

She'll probably sing on I'm So Afraid again too.

Michele[/QUOTE]

I doubt it. Christine probably only sang on this because Stevie was off stage for an outfit change. Stevie sang on the studio track and it sounds much better with her backing up Lindsey.
Old 03-30-2014, 03:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie will probably be offstage again for an outfit change.

Michele