The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-06-2010, 08:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Personally, I can't wait for Fleetwood Mac to tour again. I look forward to seeing Stevie too but to have both is like having ice cream and cake...
Old 10-06-2010, 08:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Probably best not to get our hopes up about anything - new albums or tours, who really knows, none of these might not happen.
Old 10-06-2010, 08:38 PM
Supporting Ledgie

I'm sure they will tour again. They've all expressed interest. The real question is whether or not will get another album out of them.
Old 10-06-2010, 08:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Van Halen May Tour in 2011
Tuesday, 5 October 2010 From Rolling Stone

By Daniel Kreps
Oct 05, 2010

Van Halen will return to the road in 2011 — or so said Live Nation Ticketmaster chairman Irving Azoff, in a meeting with analysts meant to show that the outlook for next year’s concert circuit will brighten. Van Halen, with David Lee Roth, last toured together in June 2008. According to USA Today, Azoff, who is also Van Halen’s manager, named Van Halen, Christina Aguilera, Fleetwood Mac and the cast of Glee as some of the artists that are expected to pack stadium and arenas when they embark on tours next year. Van Halen’s 2008 tour grossed $93 million for Live Nation.

This isn’t the first time Azoff has promised of a Van Halen tour: In September 2009, at another Q&A session, he mentioned that Van Halen were planning to tour in 2010, but that never came to fruition. Van Halen has long been rumored to be working on a new studio album, their first with Roth since 1984, but Eddie’s wife Janie Van Halen told Rolling Stone in June that, “What is going around is exactly that, rumors.”

http://www.vhnd.com/2010/10/05/van-h...-tour-in-2011/
Old 10-13-2010, 09:15 AM
Senior Ledgie

Yesterday, while driving 400 miles and listening to XM radio (which FM is programmed into my favs) ... every time after an FM song, every DJ on various channels mentioned FM going on tour in 2011.... so who knows....

When you don't know what it is
But you can't get enough of it
Old 10-13-2010, 09:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylittledemon View Post
I'm sure they will tour again. They've all expressed interest. The real question is whether or not will get another album out of them.
When I was at a show in Manchester last year for the Unleashed Tour, they did drop heavy hints and almost tease about a new album.
Old 10-13-2010, 11:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm gonna be pretty mad at Lindsey for saying "There is no new album to promote — yet" oh about 80 times last year if nothing comes of it. I hope if they make another album that they actually make it together though, not just Lindsey having all his music ready and Stevie preparing most of hers separate. It would be great if at least on a few songs they started from scratch or close to it. Working out old old songs would be okay to. I'd like to see how that would turn out. Would it be like the final closing chapter? Yeah maybe, but that's okay I guess.

If it were up to me they would go ahead and deal with the Buckingham Nicks issue. Cause you know we all want em to. Tour with those songs and record some of the demos. Rerelease BN. Just do it already Linds.

He asked me for my love
And that was all
Old 10-13-2010, 12:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'll go out on a limb. There will be no new album.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 10-13-2010, 12:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

As we all know, Lindsey said "There's no new album to promote...yet" at like all the concerts last year. So I really hope there'll be a new Mac album. But I doubt it, really. Dunno why but I do. I hope they'll do a world tour another world tour though. I wanna see them again so badly ^^, I have to. So fingers crossed for a new album and a new world tour, then I'm happy ;D

Old 10-13-2010, 12:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well, LB's laid pretty low since the tour ended...for all we know he's been working on an album. I'm sure his comments about not having a new album "yet" were very calculated. We already know they will be touring again and Stevie even prefaced the Unleashed tour by saying we would have to "suffer through" new material on their next tour and they all were commenting on how that tour was basically a way to warm up for a new album...

Although, I would LOVE a BN release with tour...
Old 10-13-2010, 01:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think I will be pleased if it's a Stevie solo album, Lindsey solo album, or another Say You Will (or in my dreams another Christine solo album) considering how amazing the last go at each were. I just hope they give us something!
Old 10-13-2010, 05:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
Well, LB's laid pretty low since the tour ended...for all we know he's been working on an album. I'm sure his comments about not having a new album "yet" were very calculated. We already know they will be touring again and Stevie even prefaced the Unleashed tour by saying we would have to "suffer through" new material on their next tour and they all were commenting on how that tour was basically a way to warm up for a new album...

Although, I would LOVE a BN release with tour...

I think you're right. Unpredictable as they are, the hints were VERY strong and Stevie, in particular, wouldn't be slow to say she wasn't into the idea of heading back into the studio with the lads.
Old 10-13-2010, 05:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
Stevie's album will be out in March (*fingers crossed*), she can tour from then til June. The Fleetwood Mac tour may not start until August or September...or even later....even if Fleetwood Mac starts their tour in December of 2011, that's STILL 2011.
chiliD wishing a Fleetwood Mac tour? with Stevie and Lindsey?? What happen with the "LB & SN was the worst thing that happened to Fleetwood Mac"
I guess a mac fan will always be a mac fan...

If there is a new album coming, I'm sure Mick would open his mouth soon. So if he is not saying anything....
Old 10-17-2010, 11:51 AM
Junior Ledgie

Ok....I thought this whole tour thing was a giant rumour because Stevie keeps saying that 2011 is going to be "all about her and her album" So I took that as there wouldnt be a FM tour next year.

BUT @GaryKordan tweeted this yesterday....which makes me very hopeful that there will be some sort of tour next year...even if its just a few shows :

"I am losing my mind. We are standing outside Stage 15 listening to Fleetwood ****ing Mac rehearse for their upcoming tour!!!"

then a little while after that he tweeted this :

"I am standing 6 feet away from Stevie Nicks and 10 feet from Mick Fleetwood while they perform Rhiannon."

This has more than excited me!!! But I'm still so confused as to what is going on!!

http://twitter.com/VickyLC
http://vickylc.tumblr.com/
Old 10-17-2010, 12:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Gary Kordan on Twitter

I don't normally check Twitter, but I was really bored this morning. I searched Fleetwood Mac, and a Gary Kordan was tweeting last night about being in soundstage 15, just 10 or 15 feet away from Stevie and Mick as they rehearse for the upcoming FM tour. I googled his name and it comes up as a pretty big deal set decorator in Hollywood. Anyone know if he's legit??

...I hope so
---------------------------------------------